What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are all Commandments equal? (1 Viewer)

2 tablets, written in stone via the Almighty.  

They all hold the same importance?
Fortunately, Jesus was asked this question and gave an answer. 

Matthew 22:36-40 New Living Translation (NLT)

36 “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”

37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Last edited by a moderator:
But I digress.  Why do Christians ignore some commandments  embrace others?

It wasn't Jesus that said that.  Court of law agrees.
I'm not sure what you mean. You don't think it means Jesus said the part where it says "Jesus replied..." 

I understand folks might not believe the bible. But if you're asking what people that do believe the bible think about the commandments, they will point to what they believe Jesus said there. 

I'm not sure what you mean. You don't think it means Jesus said the part where it says "Jesus replied..." 

I understand folks might not believe the bible. But if you're asking what people that do believe the bible think about the commandments, they will point to what they believe Jesus said there. 
Jesus said nothing and wrote nothing in the bible.  No matter what you believe that is fact.  

People quoted him but the gospels are not really written by namesakes either.

Jesus said nothing and wrote nothing in the bible.  No matter what you believe that is fact.  

Peoole quoted him but the gospels are not really written by namesakes either.
Ok. If that's what you believe, you'll probably have better luck just stating what you think instead of pretending to ask a question. All good. I'll bow out of this one. 

Ok. If that's what you believe, you'll probably have better luck just stating what you think instead of pretending to ask a question. All good. 
My bad, I have a little bible education on the college level.  What did I state that was not a fact?  Been a while.

well ...not that I would like it, but I'd much rather someone steal from me than kill me.

maybe some heavy coveting of the wife or some of my stuff ...just no touching.

Has there been a rebuttal to this?
When Hitchens, the most unabashed & elegant iconoclast ever, did the tour for his most famous book God is Not Great he avoided big cities and blue states and spent most of his time debating religious leaders big & small thru the midwest & south. Though i disagree with him on a great many things, i havent gone a week since his passing in late '11 without listening to a youtube clip of his, because my greatest hope for humanity is that there will come a time when everyone expresses themselves that well.

When Hitchens, the most unabashed & elegant iconoclast ever, did the tour for his most famous book God is Not Great he avoided big cities and blue states and spent most of his time debating religious leaders big & small thru the midwest & south. Though i disagree with him on a great many things, i havent gone a week since his passing in late '11 without listening to a youtube clip of his, because my greatest hope for humanity is that there will come a time when everyone expresses themselves that well.
There was a reason you posted that clip.  And even though it confirmed and expanded on many of my thoughts, it didn't make me validated.  Just sad.  I hate I understand his points and many won't.  I just wish I didn't care about stuff like this or understand it.  I dunno.  The end hit hard too with why other immoral acts were "ok".   Thanks.  I will seek out more from him.  

There was a reason you posted that clip.  And even though it confirmed and expanded on many of my thoughts, it didn't make me validated.  Just sad.  I hate I understand his points and many won't.  I just wish I didn't care about stuff like this or understand it.  I dunno.  The end hit hard too with why other immoral acts were "ok".   Thanks.  I will seek out more from him.  
To be reminded so often by life how venal we are does not dissuade me from believing how excellent we can be, my friend.

First thing I thought of was 11-15 and Mel Brooks. I have a warped mind. I'm glad others do. 

Hitch, wanna get this for me?
"God is dead." - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." - God

Ok. If that's what you believe, you'll probably have better luck just stating what you think instead of pretending to ask a question. All good. I'll bow out of this one. 
Don't stop him, Joe; he's in a mood today. 

Users who are viewing this thread