Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Joe Bryant

Game Of Thrones - Your Rating On How It's Finishing

As the last season of Game of Thrones wraps up, what's your take on how it's finishing?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

It looked to me like there might be spoilers so I quickly got off that link.   I am not saying it does but I am not taking any chances.

There are zero spoilers 

ETA: for those that are all caught up. If you are behind, I wouldnt read it

Edited by AcerFC

I would have liked to have heard the Mountain utter the Hounds favorite explicative during their battle so that I could imagine he first taught it to the Hound. 

I might have liked for the Mother of Dragons to have stood over Cersei as she died from her burns instead of seeing her in a rain of falling rubble.

I think Arya has replaced Cersei on her list with Dany, it is still her destiny to slay the mad 2queen.  If that turns out to not be the case I may be disappointed, but maybe not.

I wonder if the series will bring back a more natural look for women and whether it will desensitize folks to the Hound's favorite curse, I hope not on the latter. I find it course, vulgar, even offensive.

Overall, the show is well shot, richly dressed, epic in scope and I have been entertained so long as I can suspend all beliefs and physical laws.  I mean that dragon expelled about 5000 times its weight in fiery gas during its flight around kings landing.  Also, it apparently came with explosive missiles during that attack as it blew stone blocks to smitherines. Still, chicks on dragons, pirates, duels, calvary, its pretty good stuff.

• Like 2

I’ve basically avoided the GOT threads because while I’ve read the books, I haven’t watched the TV show save the first season or so (don’t have HBO).  Is that fat #### going to ever finish the books or should I just get my closure by watching the show?  

39 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Is that fat #### going to ever finish the books or should I just get my closure by watching the show?  

Is there a 3rd option?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I would have liked to have heard the Mountain utter the Hounds favorite explicative during their battle so that I could imagine he first taught it to the Hound. 

I might have liked for the Mother of Dragons to have stood over Cersei as she died from her burns instead of seeing her in a rain of falling rubble.

I think Arya has replaced Cersei on her list with Dany, it is still her destiny to slay the mad 2queen.  If that turns out to not be the case I may be disappointed, but maybe not.

I wonder if the series will bring back a more natural look for women and whether it will desensitize folks to the Hound's favorite curse, I hope not on the latter. I find it course, vulgar, even offensive.

Overall, the show is well shot, richly dressed, epic in scope and I have been entertained so long as I can suspend all beliefs and physical laws.  I mean that dragon expelled about 5000 times its weight in fiery gas during its flight around kings landing.  Also, it apparently came with explosive missiles during that attack as it blew stone blocks to smitherines. Still, chicks on dragons, pirates, duels, calvary, its pretty good stuff.

I would have liked a reappearance of Jaqen H'ghar, possibly aiding Arya escape King's Landing.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 2:18 PM, need2know said:

right and they get mad when it doesnt turn out the way they thought.  just watch and enjoy

This take is just bad. Being critical of bad writing and bad execution has nothing to do with getting upset that things don’t happen the way people want. 

There were many, many examples in past seasons where the unexpected happened, that didn’t turn out how people thought. 

But because it was well written and executed we all LOVED it. Many people have said that this was one of the best elements of the show. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’ve basically avoided the GOT threads because while I’ve read the books, I haven’t watched the TV show save the first season or so (don’t have HBO).  Is that fat #### going to ever finish the books or should I just get my closure by watching the show?  

With many people being left unsatisfied with the show, I am expecting there will be some excellent fan fiction that finishes off the story right. 

Maybe the uproar over how they have botched the end will compel Martin to get it done himself, the way he envisioned it.

9 minutes ago, The Duff Man said:

This take is just bad. Being critical of bad writing and bad execution has nothing to do with getting upset that things don’t happen the way people want. 

There were many, many examples in past seasons where the unexpected happened, that didn’t turn out how people thought. 

But because it was well written and executed we all LOVED it. Many people have said that this was one of the best elements of the show. 

I think one thing to keep in mind is that whether or not something is "bad writing" is subjective.

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

I think one thing to keep in mind is that whether or not something is "bad writing" is subjective.

Definitely agree. 

1 hour ago, Statorama said:

The action has never been more actiony

I disagree.  I found it very actiony when Littlefinger was teaching the whores proper moaning technique. 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

I've watched worse. :shrug:

Finishing all the seasons of True Blood with the wife opened my eyes to how bad a show could be and how terribly a series could end.  

Enjoying it but definitely feels rushed and I just realized there are only 6 episodes this season.  Thought we had a few more left.  A lot to unpack in such a short time.  

I voted badly.  It's rushed and it turned into standard movie/tv writing.  The chance meeting of Jamie and Euron resulting in a fight to the death was the final nail in the coffin.  That was exceptionally terrible.  It's only worth watching to find out what happened to some incredible characters, but I've been pretty disappointed throughout the season.  I think episode two is the only one I really liked.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:29 PM, KarmaPolice said:

Finishing all the seasons of True Blood with the wife opened my eyes to how bad a show could be and how terribly a series could end.  

Have you watched Dexter?

3 hours ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Have you watched Dexter?

Only S1 - I couldn't take the character of his sister.  Just terrible.   I liked the general idea of the show, but never tried to watch again and heard it spirals badly after about S4.  

True Blood was about the only example I could think of because if a show gets really bad, I stop watching.  Was different here because the wife was watching with me, and 1. We don't do that much, 2. She will watch anything to completion, no matter the quality.  

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Only S1 - I couldn't take the character of his sister.  Just terrible.   I liked the general idea of the show, but never tried to watch again and heard it spirals badly after about S4.  

True Blood was about the only example I could think of because if a show gets really bad, I stop watching.  Was different here because the wife was watching with me, and 1. We don't do that much, 2. She will watch anything to completion, no matter the quality.  

I hated dexter as well

6 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

I liked the first 4 seasons, but the last one was atrocious.