Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

I have to admit--President Trump brought this on himself

Recommended Posts

I mean let's face it.  He was an ##### to just about everyone while he was running for election, and now that he is in office.  it's not surprising to see the powers that be push back on him.   He brought this on himself in many cases and has to face the music.   No one is going to be nice to you when you are terrible to everyone who isn't on your side.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno, man.  Trump has consistently carried himself with a sense of quiet dignity, and I've been leaning toward the theory that he's an unlucky victim of circumstances.  I guess we'll never really know.

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, supermike80 said:

I mean let's face it.  He was an ##### to just about everyone while he was running for election, and now that he is in office.  it's not surprising to see the powers that be push back on him.   He brought this on himself in many cases and has to face the music.   No one is going to be nice to you when you are terrible to everyone who isn't on your side.  

It’s pretty complicated given all the bad things he’s done, but one simple thing that always surprises me his supporters are good with was his attacks on McCain. Extremely powerful and influential Senator and Trump made an enemy of him, then he was surprised and mad when he stuck to principle by voting against the ACA repeal. Least surprising thing I ever saw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got to thinking about this watching a little snippet about Carter in the 70's.  He seriously alienated congress and they made his life extremely difficult.   No different here for our current President.  or

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, supermike80 said:

I got to thinking about this watching a little snippet about Carter in the 70's.  He seriously alienated congress and they made his life extremely difficult.   No different here for our current President.  or

A governor and a business man.  In either case not really one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leroy Hoard said:

A governor and a business man.  In either case not really one of them.

Reagan? Clinton?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I dunno, man. Trump has consistently carried himself with a sense of quiet dignity and I've been leaning toward the theory that he's an unlucky victim of circumstances.  I guess we'll never really know.

That has to be the just about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lazyike said:
8 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I dunno, man. Trump has consistently carried himself with a sense of quiet dignity and I've been leaning toward the theory that he's an unlucky victim of circumstances.  I guess we'll never really know.

That has to be the just about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard

:whoosh:

 

Pretty sure that was sarcasm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FBG26 said:

:whoosh:

 

Pretty sure that was sarcasm...

Hard to tell. I have a cousin who loves Trump, believes he was sent by God and his face belongs on Mt Rushmore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Does Mt. Rushmore have a backside?

Pic:

( | )  ( | )  ( | )  ( | )

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Countdown: 617 days until he is out of office. :pickle:

616 days

14800 hours

888001 minutes

53280101 seconds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, lazyike said:

Hard to tell. I have a cousin who loves Trump, believes he was sent by God and his face belongs on Mt Rushmore.

Here's a hint - your cousin sounds not so smart, IK is the opposite of that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, supermike80 said:

I mean let's face it.  He was an ##### to just about everyone while he was running for election, and now that he is in office.  it's not surprising to see the powers that be push back on him.   He brought this on himself in many cases and has to face the music.   No one is going to be nice to you when you are terrible to everyone who isn't on your side.  

I’ve been a bit out of touch the last few days. Which powers that be are pushing back on him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

Here's a hint - your cousin sounds not so smart, IK is the opposite of that.

That's fair. Apologies to IK. I know I would be upset if someone wrongly grouped me with Trumpers.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

616 days

14800 hours

888001 minutes

53280101 seconds

Is anyone going to be upset when, just as that countdown clock reaches about 60, it resets to add 1461?

Are we going to be blessed with another countless number of YouTube videos showing Democrats' heads exploding, fountains of tears, endless op-eds about how we've elected another Hitler, and predictions that the world is coming to end...again?  

YouTube Red is paid for....I'm ready!  :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Opie said:

Is anyone going to be upset when, just as that countdown clock reaches about 60, it resets to add 1461?

Are we going to be blessed with another countless number of YouTube videos showing Democrats' heads exploding, fountains of tears, endless op-eds about how we've elected another Hitler, and predictions that the world is coming to end...again?  

YouTube Red is paid for....I'm ready!  :popcorn:

I am not sure if you remember Rush Limbaugh's daily countdown when Clinton was in office.   It was as annoying as the people doing it here.

That said I can empathize with people that long for the day when this low class and detestable person is no longer in office.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I am not sure if you remember Rush Limbaugh's daily countdown when Clinton was in office.   It was as annoying as the people doing it here.

That said I can empathize with people that long for the day when this low class and detestable person is no longer in office.

 

Well put.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 1:22 PM, supermike80 said:

I mean let's face it.  He was an ##### to just about everyone while he was running for election, and now that he is in office.  it's not surprising to see the powers that be push back on him.   He brought this on himself in many cases and has to face the music.   No one is going to be nice to you when you are terrible to everyone who isn't on your side.  

Yep. He was mean to the press even though it was their non-stop coverage that legitimized his campaign. He talked #### about our military and intelligence agencies. He demeaned the GOP and Democrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.