What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO Hard Knocks 2019 - Oakland Raiders - The Keelan Doss journey ends (1 Viewer)

Too many people like the "Jersey Shore " aspect to these shows as I like to call them. I personally hate them and why I don't watch many hard knocks episodes but was intrigued as I've always had a soft spot for Oakland going back to the late 90s Chucky days with Gannon, Woodson, Brown, Eric Allen Etc. Most of the Jersey shore drama is always scripted not really real and just made for TV entertainment. Shows like JS and Duck Dynasty got exposed awhile back for not being "reality" TV and a lot of it scripted. I hate that type of show. I really enjoyed this first episode as I can do without the drama. Though I will admit I was disappointed I didn't get any AB diva moments yet.
I’m totally with you. I watch 0% of "reality tv". (ok. 5%. The Mrs and I do watch the Amazing Race)

I’ve  never watched any of the previous seasons of Hard Knocks for exactly the reason you mention. I’m only watching this season because I’m a long time, long suffering Raiders fan. But this year's gonna b different! No crazy, weird drama will surround this team at all this season on our way to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

(unrelated: anyone see my 10 year old helmet? I seem to have misplaced it)

joey said:
I’m totally with you. I watch 0% of "reality tv". (ok. 5%. The Mrs and I do watch the Amazing Race)

I’ve  never watched any of the previous seasons of Hard Knocks for exactly the reason you mention. I’m only watching this season because I’m a long time, long suffering Raiders fan. But this year's gonna b different! No crazy, weird drama will surround this team at all this season on our way to the Super Bowl!!!!!!

(unrelated: anyone see my 10 year old helmet? I seem to have misplaced it)
Contact Oakland Raiders staff they might have it. 

Yeah I use to watch like Survivor until they started doing stupid stuff with challenges. Those first few yrs were fun. Fun fact the one girl on there was a local Philly girl who's best friend was a teacher of mine in HS. She ended up marrying Phillies Pitcher at the time Kyle Kendrick and my teacher was the maid of honor for the wedding. I think I stopped watching it before HS as my brothers and parents consumed themselves with so many others and wasted years on LOST. 

Surprising if only because the image of his gnarly feet had been posted all over Twitter prior.

Loved seeing Abrams and Ferrell in action -- both in the game itself last week, and in this episode. Despite how abrasive he may have come off in ep 1, Abrams is a flat-out baller, with the kind of physicality and attitude you love to see at that position. And seeing him connect with Woodson like that was superb.

Cool to see backstories of guys like Doss. 

Gruden seems like the perfect combo of tough-### with solid support. I can see why players would love to work for him. D-line coach Brentson Bucker seemed the same way.

Good thing Renfrew has great hands, he certainly isn't cutting it as a lounge singer.

Incognito preaching calm, measured approach when fights are breaking out on field? What universe are we living in?

Mad Maxx came off looking like he has real rotational potential.

CC says he’s saying “Boom!” But I’m very sure that Gruden kept yelling “BOOF!!” after every td. 

CC says he’s saying “Boom!” But I’m very sure that Gruden kept yelling “BOOF!!” after every td. 
That's what I heard.

That and a lot of Drip Drops.

Got a new appreciation for Darren Waller, didn't know his backstory.

'Frow looked a little sad at times at all the abuse, but he shuts all the smack talk down with his play. Looks like he's a gem of a slot player.

Had no idea Willson was a Canuck from the City of Roses. 

Gruden seems to really want Glennon to be the backup guy. At this point, it's a toss-up as both Glennon and Peterman have run hot/cold.

Jacobs is a ghost on this program so far. 

Antonio Brown seems like he's trying too hard to be that outgoing personality.

The amount players care about their Madden ratings is a bit eye opening.

The 'salmon' signs in the crowd were great.  So was Caliendo doing his Gruden with items from the first two episodes.

Feel like the only reason anyone on the team puts up with Carr is because he's QB1. Really weird personality mixed with lots of phony "rah rah".

Love how it's episode 4 and we still haven't seen one second of screentime for their first round rookie running back. Clearly that kid is all business. 

Feel like the only reason anyone on the team puts up with Carr is because he's QB1. Really weird personality mixed with lots of phony "rah rah".

Love how it's episode 4 and we still haven't seen one second of screentime for their first round rookie running back. Clearly that kid is all business. 
Either that or Oakland is shielding him from the show.   Also is Burfict even on this team?  I thought for sure he would be at least a minor story line.

They did this last year with Chubb.  He was on screen for like 2 frames.

Overall this season of Hard Knocks was a disappointment but last night's episode was pretty good (aside from the Antonio Brown worship)

didn't know there was a topic for this show, but glad i wasn't the only one wondering why we're watching all the bubble guys and abram. JJ and Tyrell Williams almost completely absent from the show and they'll obviously be key components of this offense. I haven't watched the last episode yet.

i use to be a AB fan when i only got to see him in games. watching him talking about his drama and his struggles against the machine trying to keep him down made me realize he's a nut. good thing he's a fast nut who can catch like nobody else. it's like watching ocho all over again, except ocho was a funny guy.

I never watched a full episode of Hard Knocks before this season, are the past ones more about the team than this one or, as stated above, is it more of a jersey shore thing every year? I mean, it's cool Cabinda's mom got to go to Canada and she seems like cool people who knows her football, but almost 20% of the entire show seems like a lot to dedicate to the topic.

i use to be a AB fan when i only got to see him in games. watching him talking about his drama and his struggles against the machine trying to keep him down made me realize he's a nut. good thing he's a fast nut who can catch like nobody else. it's like watching ocho all over again, except ocho was a funny guy.
The Ol Ballcoach Gruden still thinks it's the 80's-90's where players will follow his RaRa lead.  Antonio will be a nightmare once OAK is 2-6 after 8 games.  GL coach.  knock on wood if ya hear me.

I'm excited to watch the dumpster fire that is OAK in 2019.  Still laughing over Mayock being a GM.

The Ol Ballcoach Gruden still thinks it's the 80's-90's where players will follow his RaRa lead.  Antonio will be a nightmare once OAK is 2-6 after 8 games.  GL coach.  knock on wood if ya hear me.

I'm excited to watch the dumpster fire that is OAK in 2019.  Still laughing over Mayock being a GM.
I dunno, he kind of strikes me as the kind of guy that would be perfectly fine with it, as long as he's getting his 19 targets per game.

trader jake said:
If a team is unwilling to give more access than the Raiders did for 2019 they should shut the show down.
I agree with this.  The whole idea of the show is to give you an inside look at the inner workings of training camp.  This season had very little of that.   I thought the best episode was the the finale where it did show the hard work put in by the fringe players, the disappointment of being cut, and the hope of them getting a call from another team. 

More of that and less of the drama please...

Waaaaaaaay too much AB this year. Just so much focus on him it was distracting to the rest of the show imo. My least favorite season by a mile. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out the Jags offered Doss vet minimum to STAY on the PS instead of going to the Raiders 53.

The player can agree to arrangements like that, but I'm kinda surprised Doss didn't accept the Raiders offer. Even if he wanted to stay with the Jags, they likely would've put him on their 53 to keep from losing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turns out the Jags offered Doss vet minimum to STAY on the PS instead of going to the Raiders 53.

The player can agree to arrangements like that, but I'm kinda surprised Doss didn't accept the Raiders offer. Even if he wanted to stay with the Jags, they likely would've put him on their 53 to keep from losing him.
Looks like Doss resigned with the Raiders.  They  upped the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread