What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on my IDP (1 Viewer)

griffin6687

Footballguy
It's a dynasty league tackle heavy. Lost Mosley and Wagner to FA this year. This is what I'm left with. 

DE - JJ Watt, Markus Golden

LB - Kiko Alonso, Fred Warner, Oren Burks, Rashaan Evans, Rueben Foster

DB - Jamal Adams, Bradley MacDougal

Starting requirements are 6 D players, 1-3 DE, 2-3 LB, 1-3 DB

I usually roll with 1 DE, 3LB and 2 S (last season Watt/Wagner/Moseley/Alonso/Adams/MacDougal)

Just curious as to if you think I can get by with this group of LB or should I spend some FA money on a stud. I don't have a lot of cap room. Would love to trade Evans or Foster. 

Tackle-heavy, your lineup choices look pretty sound.  LBs are kings of tackles, and a good in-the-box strong safety is next.

Adams and McDougald are a solid 1-2 punch at DB, you're set there.  Grab the star of the month off the wire in midseason to cover byes.  Hard to argue with just Watt in a start-1, even if his health is shaky.  Golden doesn't excite me...an upgrade at DL2 is something to have as a lower priority goal.

At LB...yes, I think you could do with an upgrade.  Foster was on the path to stardom, but now he's got too many red flags to really rely on.  Enjoy what production you get from him and start him any time he's playing.  Warner looked great last season, but now has to fight for tackles with Kwon, so probably a step back in the IDP stats.  We can hope Evans takes a step up, but I wouldn't want to count on it.  Burks is a good flyer, but he didn't do anything last year to make me think he's going to suddenly emerge as more than a bye week backup.

You could use a top-end talent to plug in at LB1 and push everyone else down a spot; you could also do with some better depth.  Wagner added to this bunch would make it look great, for instance.  See what you can get!

I agree with Arodin's recap.  You need a bonafide LB1 to shift your remaining LB's into their proper slots.  You have some guys that may pan out but getting that true #1 LB should be your focus.  Spend the money to do so unless it really hurts you elsewhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread