What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How famous is ringo starr in 2019 (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
on a regular day walking down the street of liverpool or wherever it is he calls home now, how famous is ringo starr?

is he paul McCartney level famous or elton john level famous or can he slip by a few people?

Well, Cavemen is a great movie, not sure if he has done anything else notable. 
I have to think this is sarcasm. This is the worst piece of crap movie ever produced. My wife made me start watching this last weekend and I had to quit 10 minutes in. I couldn't believe how bad it was, and I think I lost a little respect for her for thinking it was funny.

man was part of the (general consensus) greatest and most influential band of all time

but i think in the US, and likely many countries, he could potentially get away w going unnoticed on a trip out for groceries 

Am i wrong?

man was part of the (general consensus) greatest and most influential band of all time

but i think in the US, and likely many countries, he could potentially get away w going unnoticed on a trip out for groceries 

Am i wrong?
Like "did the sun come up in the west today?" wrong

I have to think this is sarcasm. This is the worst piece of crap movie ever produced. My wife made me start watching this last weekend and I had to quit 10 minutes in. I couldn't believe how bad it was, and I think I lost a little respect for her for thinking it was funny.
I think he's also a musician of some sorts.

Am i wrong?
I think at least one person would notice him wherever he was and that would start the ball rolling.

My kids (all in 30s) would know him if he were walking down the street but only because I am a Beatles junkie.  I am guessing that most people 40 and younger would not recognize him.

My kids (all in 30s) would know him if he were walking down the street but only because I am a Beatles junkie.  I am guessing that most people 40 and younger would not recognize him.
herein lies the debate. 

many of "us" think he's instantaneously recognizable. 

but is he really? paul sure is... ringo, not so sure. 

Back off, boogaloo

Not only would I recognize him, I'd shake his hand and buy him a beer. I'm also 55 and probably on the fringe of folks who will still remember him. Figure anyone younger than 40ish and he's just another pretty face.

Paul not so much as he's had a little more notoriety after the Beatles but I'm sure he's reaching the end of his career recognition arc as well.

Certainly no Paul in the lineup of fame.  But I'd recognize him. 

I was dragged to a Ringo's Al Star Band concert.  I have to admit it was phenomenal.  He is an incredible performer.  I know he's not much instrumentally.  But very entertaining. 

The guy is in his late 70s and still has tons of energy.  Amazing how all these rock n rollers that lived a rough lifestyle ... if they can make it past their 30s they seem to look decent and age well.

Feels like an opportunity wasted for a "Don't Pass Me By" reference.

If you are talking Liverpool, I don't see any way that he does not recognized there.  The Beatles are all over Liverpool, and it is part of their tourism -- he has a freaking statue.  

If it's some random place (like, let's say, Liverpool, Texas), maybe a chance he goes unnoticed, just because it would be a bit out of context.  

Brunell4MVP said:
Certainly no Paul in the lineup of fame.  But I'd recognize him. 

I was dragged to a Ringo's Al Star Band concert.  I have to admit it was phenomenal.  He is an incredible performer.  I know he's not much instrumentally.  But very entertaining. 

The guy is in his late 70s and still has tons of energy.  Amazing how all these rock n rollers that lived a rough lifestyle ... if they can make it past their 30s they seem to look decent and age well.
musicians tend to disagree with this.

Soulfly3 said:

Am i wrong?
Wrong. 

He came up for me in google after typing in ’rin’. I wasn’t expecting that. Pretty impressive. 

Feels like an opportunity wasted for a "Don't Pass Me By" reference.

If you are talking Liverpool, I don't see any way that he does not recognized there.  The Beatles are all over Liverpool, and it is part of their tourism -- he has a freaking statue.  

If it's some random place (like, let's say, Liverpool, Texas), maybe a chance he goes unnoticed, just because it would be a bit out of context.  
Someone is going to recognize him at any public place he enters.  

Most people under 25 (IMO) wouldn't know him or McCartney by sight or by name, unless they have a relative that is a huge fan.  25 and under don't even know big 1980s stars.,..

I liked it  :shrug:

He's behind Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, and Mick Jagger in terms of being recognizable as a celebrity. He's probably on par with Keith Richards, Neil Diamond, and Brian Wilson and ahead of Ron Wood, John Fogerty, and Robbie Robertson.

He's behind Paul McCartney, Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, and Mick Jagger in terms of being recognizable as a celebrity. He's probably on par with Keith Richards, Neil Diamond, and Brian Wilson and ahead of Ron Wood, John Fogerty, and Robbie Robertson.
I agree with your ranking for general fame.  But when it comes to being recognizable, I think Ringo gets bumped up because he's such a distinctive looking guy.

There aren't many people who look like Ringo, especially since Yasser Arafat died.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread