Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rockaction

Remember When Ronda Rousey Had Over Half This Board Believing She Could Beat Up A Male Pro UFC Fighter?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

... 2001... UFC wasn't a blip on the radar until then

 

Currently orbiting one of Jupiters moons, Teila Tuli's tooth weeps quietly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

Good God. This thread started out on thin ice and now there's...this.  

You guys enjoy!

Yeah I can't nope outta here fast enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rockaction said:

Sorry. He's been president since its sale in 2001 to his connections, which many would consider its beginning. UFC wasn't a blip on the radar until then, and that's when a journalist friend might have covered them and their tournaments overseas. 

The tournaments took place in the early days of UFC, well before Zuffa purchased the UFC.  The last tournament the UFC ever ran was during UFC 23 which was back in 1998.   This was held in Japan.  Is this what you could be referring to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

The tournaments took place in the early days of UFC, well before Zuffa purchased the UFC.  The last tournament the UFC ever ran was during UFC 23 which was back in 1998.   This was held in Japan.  Is this what you could be referring to?

Dubai, 2001 or 2002.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Dubai, 2001 or 2002.

the first UFC event in Dubai was in 2010.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

the first UFC event in Dubai was in 2010.  

to be exact, no UFC event has ever been held in the city of Dubai.  The closest was in 2010(which is what you are referring to) which was held in Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of UAE.

Also there was no tournament at this event.  As I mentioned earlier the last UFC tournament was held in 1998.

Edited by NewlyRetired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of tournaments, when I was a kid I somehow got my hands on one of the early UFC events and it was the greatest thing ever. My friends and I wore that thing out. I am pretty sure Tank Abbott killed a guy, and by the final he could barely breathe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

to be exact, no UFC event has ever been held in the city of Dubai.  The closest was in 2010(which is what you are referring to) which was held in Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of UAE.

Also there was no tournament at this event.  As I mentioned earlier the last UFC tournament was held in 1998.

No, I'm referring to a Dana White exhibition in the United Arab Emirates in around 2002-3. But okay, I'm sure they never went over there and only sanctioned events were held on American grounds and there were never fights over in Dubai.

I could be mistaken, but this was a dear friend who also freelanced for a major cultural publication. We hung out often. Perhaps I'm confused.

I doubt it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 11:47 PM, rockaction said:

Alright I lied, I couldn't stay away. Gender Critical Feminism is the term for it nowadays, right? The ones who aren't so happy about the T. That's a interesting subreddit to peruse. 

The athletic implications have always been fascinating to me. I am thinking eventually (like after we are all dead) trans women will just compete against one another exclusively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moe. said:

Alright I lied, I couldn't stay away. Gender Critical Feminism is the term for it nowadays, right? The ones who aren't so happy about the T. That's a interesting subreddit to peruse

The athletic implications have always been fascinating to me. I am thinking eventually (like after we are all dead) trans women will just compete against one another exclusively. 

Well that's condescending. It actually comes from very mainstream news -- it was reported on everywhere, as you can see -- and was introduced to me by my friend and his polyamorous live-in of ten years in CT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. And not sure I like your attitude about "subreddit" yada yada. Don't bother...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, what? I'm just saying the Gender Critical Feminism subreddit makes for an interesting read. They didn't come up with the term or anything, and I have no clue how long that concept has been around but it doesn't surprise me that it goes way back. I am not being dismissive in the least, sorry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moe. said:

Wait, what? I'm just saying the Gender Critical Feminism subreddit makes for an interesting read. They didn't come up with the term or anything, and I have no clue how long that concept has been around but it doesn't surprise me that it goes way back. I am not being dismissive in the least, sorry. 

Oh, my bad. Totally. I got called an "incel" supporter for starting this thread in a comment that was deleted upthread by McJose. He said something like "Did they shut down the incel subreddit and everyone came here?" I answered. The comments were deleted. It was around the eighth comment in. 

Sorry for being so quick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries, thought we could maybe steer this thing away from Zeno into a more interesting topic. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Moe. said:

Speaking of tournaments, when I was a kid I somehow got my hands on one of the early UFC events and it was the greatest thing ever. My friends and I wore that thing out. I am pretty sure Tank Abbott killed a guy, and by the final he could barely breathe.

I looked this up, it was UFC 6. Tank Abbott lost to Oleg Taktarov in the finals, his 3rd match of the day. It was in Casper, Wyoming. They are seriously lucky he didn't die. 

That event definitely had the look and feel of something that could have easily been fixed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moe. said:

No worries, thought we could maybe steer this thing away from Zeno into a more interesting topic.

That's a good idea and one I should be fully behind. I haven't really read enough of Gender Critical Feminism to be schooled in its outlook. i learned about it probably back in 2013 or 2014 from the friend who lives in Middletown, CT. He usually sees radical feminist critiques of things way before I do. We don't keep in touch, really, which is too bad, but we've moved, gotten older, etc.

He first pointed it out to me with some readings back when. It was then I realized that this was going to be a problem that had many dimensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rockaction said:

No, I'm referring to a Dana White exhibition in the United Arab Emirates in around 2002-3. But okay, I'm sure they never went over there and only sanctioned events were held on American grounds and there were never fights over in Dubai.

Sanction events have been held all over the world.  US, Canada, UAE, England, Brazil, Czech Republic, Australia, China, Argentina, Russia just to name a few.

I can't speak to exhibitions.    I don't have that depth of knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moe. said:

I looked this up, it was UFC 6. Tank Abbott lost to Oleg Taktarov in the finals, his 3rd match of the day. It was in Casper, Wyoming. They are seriously lucky he didn't die. 

That event definitely had the look and feel of something that could have easily been fixed. 

Like I said, I could have a faulty memory of what organization put on the event. I'm pretty sure it was Dana White in the Middle East. It could have been another MMA org., given that he told me this at least a decade and a half ago. I just always remember thinking Dana White and UFC but they've done such good work with memory and the Sixth Amendment and problems that I even doubt my own. I do know the anecdotes he told me (One of them was an anecdote of an Arabian prince telling my friend he "smelled Jew on him") and that at the time he was writing for major publications with his byline, which shall remain anonymous here. 

1 minute ago, NewlyRetired said:

Sanction events have been held all over the world.  US, Canada, UAE, England, Brazil, Czech Republic, Australia, China, Argentina, Russia just to name a few.

I can't speak to exhibitions.    I don't have that depth of knowledge.

Again, faulty memory is possible. I'm not going to die on a hill that can't be verified. I probably shouldn't have even shot my mouth off, as it's only tangentially relevant to Rousey. I'm just going on what I remember. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

to be exact, no UFC event has ever been held in the city of Dubai.  The closest was in 2010(which is what you are referring to) which was held in Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of UAE.

Huh, well I did learn something in this thread.  I didn't realize Abu Dhabi was one of the seven emirates alongside Dubai.   I  (incorrectly) thought that Abu Dhabi was a subsection of Dubai which was a subsection of UAE.   

Good info here, thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i guess you could say I'm backpedaling from this. I'm certainly human, but am being as forthright and honest as I can and trying to share some cool inside intel for the board. It just can't be verified, and he never published it, caving to the threats of dudes hanging around outside his apartment sort of menacingly. Just decided it wasn't worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

Huh, well I did learn something in this thread.  I didn't realize Abu Dhabi was one of the seven emirates alongside Dubai.   I  (incorrectly) thought that Abu Dhabi was a subsection of Dubai which was a subsection of UAE.   

Good info here, thanks!

Every sperm is sacred for a reason, Ahrn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Moe. said:

I looked this up, it was UFC 6. Tank Abbott lost to Oleg Taktarov in the finals, his 3rd match of the day. It was in Casper, Wyoming. They are seriously lucky he didn't die. 

That event definitely had the look and feel of something that could have easily been fixed. 

I remember watching the early UFC events on a black box cable box (the ones which would unscramble the stations).   They were crazy events.

Moe, if you are ever interested in the early days of the UFC (and MMA history in general), I can recommend an excellent book for you.  To call those days "the wide west" is an injustice to how nuts things were :)

https://www.amazon.com/Total-MMA-Inside-Ultimate-Fighting/dp/1550228463/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2/142-5959045-8516031

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ZenoRazon said:

My cardio conditioning off the charts,  Run the bleachers, skip rope, run 400's, jumping jacks.

 

All the guys at the airport bar say you're a regular Bill Brasky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaka said:

All the guys at the airport bar say you're a regular Bill Brasky.

That made...0...sense,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

YOUr FACE MAKES ZERO SENSE!!!

Fyp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

YOU MAKE ZERO SENSE!!!

Who calls themselves...Binky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I vaguely recall wanting Ronda Rousey to kick my ###.  Would love for her to get a 6 beer head start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

obviously, you aren't a golfer. 

Hmmmmm?

 

Pacifiers

The one and only Binky® brand pacifier- soothing and calming
babies for over 50 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd bet who ever wins the LA City HS boys basketball champs would destroy whoever wins the NCAA female title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed that those who said Rousey could beat a male MMA fighter or Mayweather were going a bit crazy. No way in hell that's going to happen. 

Agree that most professional male athletes would beat a woman MMA fighter in a fight. But, if they haven't had any fight training, I think it will be closer than a lot of people think.

Disagree that most people on this board could beat a top woman MMA fighter. I've taken Muay Thai for about six or so years and I've sparred with some pretty good women. Even after that much training, there are amatuer women who would beat me in a boxing match, and that's not even taking into account that I have no ground training and if they got a hold of me, it would almost instantly be over. If I hadn't trained at all, it wouldn't even be close with most trained women - they would destroy me.

It's like this. If you've never swung a baseball bat, do you think you could hit a pitch thrown by a top women fastball pitcher? No way in hell. And even if you played some high school baseball you probably aren't hitting those pitches. If you never played basketball, do you think you'd beat a top woman WNBA player one-on-one? No way. So why do people think that with no training they would beat a highly-trained woman MMA fighter?

Here's a video of Chris Cyborg training - she was regarded as the best woman fighter in the world for a long time - until Amanda Nunes knocked her out. I'd say either Cyborg or Nunes would pretty much destroy just about anyone on this board. The video gets good about at about the 2:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdPXJtBJQg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did @Cliff Clavingo? His performance in these threads was an all-time gobsmacker. No wonder he no longer posts here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, kutta said:

Agreed that those who said Rousey could beat a male MMA fighter or Mayweather were going a bit crazy. No way in hell that's going to happen. 

Agree that most professional male athletes would beat a woman MMA fighter in a fight. But, if they haven't had any fight training, I think it will be closer than a lot of people think.

Disagree that most people on this board could beat a top woman MMA fighter. I've taken Muay Thai for about six or so years and I've sparred with some pretty good women. Even after that much training, there are amatuer women who would beat me in a boxing match, and that's not even taking into account that I have no ground training and if they got a hold of me, it would almost instantly be over. If I hadn't trained at all, it wouldn't even be close with most trained women - they would destroy me.

It's like this. If you've never swung a baseball bat, do you think you could hit a pitch thrown by a top women fastball pitcher? No way in hell. And even if you played some high school baseball you probably aren't hitting those pitches. If you never played basketball, do you think you'd beat a top woman WNBA player one-on-one? No way. So why do people think that with no training they would beat a highly-trained woman MMA fighter?

Here's a video of Chris Cyborg training - she was regarded as the best woman fighter in the world for a long time - until Amanda Nunes knocked her out. I'd say either Cyborg or Nunes would pretty much destroy just about anyone on this board. The video gets good about at about the 2:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdPXJtBJQg

I think a top female pitcher would make me look foolish.  A top WNBA player would make me look foolish now, but I am on the wrong side of 60 years old and have an artificial knee and hip, my pelvis bolted together and plates and screws in my radius and ulna in my right forearm.  In my 20's I would have held up well against them.  I do note that their skill level has increased dramatically over the last 20 years.  At my best and the best of them now they would take me but not embarrass me.  I do admire their game.  they play great fundamental basketball, much better than the men.  they are coachable.  As for a top woman MMA fighter, well I wrestled throughout High School and did well.  I boxed from 8 to 12 and again as a club sport in college. I trained for a good amount of time in sport judo which is different from the training they get, but not wholly. I have practiced Aikido for 20+ years and I am a fairly large fellow.  I think they would be in trouble facing me, even now, at my advanced age.  Still, top women MMA fighters are quite dangerous.  Given my slowed reflexes they might get me in trouble.  Given my artificial joints I would not be amenable to testing them in anything other than practice sparing.  Full combat is not something I would risk at this point in my life.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 8:07 PM, Gally said:

There are many people that prefer watching softball over baseball.  Some believe that quick style of play and game is better than the slow pace of baseball.  

:hey:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 4:15 PM, Moe. said:

Speaking of tournaments, when I was a kid I somehow got my hands on one of the early UFC events and it was the greatest thing ever. My friends and I wore that thing out. I am pretty sure Tank Abbott killed a guy, and by the final he could barely breathe.

middle 90s. college. guys i knew were huge... whatever they were calling this #### at the time. Tank Abbott was knocking dude's heads off. he was their favorite fighter. at the time they said i looked (in the face) like Tank Abbott. so they called me Tank. 

what a time to be alive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Rousey could get inside on Mayweather.  yes, against skilled male opponents he is defensive, but against unskilled opponents of less strength while he is wearing lighter gloves, he would cut them apart if they tried to get in, and remember, he would be doing this going backward so shooting in is awfully tough under that circumstance.  No, he would cut her apart unless he made a fatal error.  Now if she could get inside on him and get him to the ground, well that would be interesting.  She is quite skilled.  I'm guessing she could get him one time out of ten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could you beat her, rockaction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

middle 90s. college. guys i knew were huge... whatever they were calling this #### at the time. Tank Abbott was knocking dude's heads off. he was their favorite fighter. at the time they said i looked (in the face) like Tank Abbott. so they called me Tank. 

what a time to be alive

it amazing what a look and a great name can do for a person's PR and his longevity in peoples memories.

Abbott was a below average brawler.  No skill, no technique, just had some toughness and grit.

He has a horrible 10-15 record as a fighter and has been knocked out more than he knocked out his opponents and never won more than two fights in a row

Yet he will always be fondly remembered.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I think a top female pitcher would make me look foolish.  A top WNBA player would make me look foolish now, but I am on the wrong side of 60 years old and have an artificial knee and hip, my pelvis bolted together and plates and screws in my radius and ulna in my right forearm.  In my 20's I would have held up well against them.  I do note that their skill level has increased dramatically over the last 20 years.  At my best and the best of them now they would take me but not embarrass me.  I do admire their game.  they play great fundamental basketball, much better than the men.  they are coachable.  As for a top woman MMA fighter, well I wrestled throughout High School and did well.  I boxed from 8 to 12 and again as a club sport in college. I trained for a good amount of time in sport judo which is different from the training they get, but not wholly. I have practiced Aikido for 20+ years and I am a fairly large fellow.  I think they would be in trouble facing me, even now, at my advanced age.  Still, top women MMA fighters are quite dangerous.  Given my slowed reflexes they might get me in trouble.  Given my artificial joints I would not be amenable to testing them in anything other than practice sparing.  Full combat is not something I would risk at this point in my life.

No, no, no....this isn't possible.  No one that posts on these boards could ever possibly have been an athlete and have skill sets of any kind beyond typing on a keyboard.  I've been told multiple times that believing you are (or even were) able to do things physically well is delusional because, well, nerds.

Edited by Jayrod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

No, no, no....this isn't possible.  No one that posts on these boards could ever possibly have been an athlete and have skill sets of any kind beyond typing on a keyboard.  I've been told multiple times that believing you are (or even were) able to do things physically well is delusional because, well, nerds.

I am now at an age where I have to start recognizing my limitations.  Still, as a younger man I was fairly capable, not remarkably, but fairly, and that, coupled with some size made me formidable in martial sports.  I was a decent H.S. football player and a slightly above average basketball player, but certainly nothing of note.  Baseball and soccer, I loved playing and in pick up games at the grade school level I was selected first or next two, but I was not even average, I would say, moving forward to junior high and beyond and abandoned those sports quite early and so freely admit, as I did above that women could make me look foolish there. Golf, forget about it, I've played maybe 10 rounds in my life.  I did compete for a great deal of time in a sport where there is, in most classes of the sport, no differentiation between men and women, that being sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 5:46 PM, NewlyRetired said:

I remember watching the early UFC events on a black box cable box (the ones which would unscramble the stations).   They were crazy events.

Moe, if you are ever interested in the early days of the UFC (and MMA history in general), I can recommend an excellent book for you.  To call those days "the wide west" is an injustice to how nuts things were :)

https://www.amazon.com/Total-MMA-Inside-Ultimate-Fighting/dp/1550228463/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_2/142-5959045-8516031

 

I did a report forget why it was relevant to the class I took either way in college on the history of MMA and UFC. I went pretty far back to unsanctioned matches when John McCain wanted to ban MMA/UFC events and branded them as "human cockfighting matches." It was really interesting especially finding video of events where there was no weight classes. Pretty sure I saw a few people get killed in the cage but I'm not certain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

I did a report forget why it was relevant to the class I took either way in college on the history of MMA and UFC. I went pretty far back to unsanctioned matches when John McCain wanted to ban MMA/UFC events and branded them as "human cockfighting matches." It was really interesting especially finding video of events where there was no weight classes. Pretty sure I saw a few people get killed in the cage but I'm not certain. 

The Tough Man matches were human #### fighting.  Had brawlers, drunks, faux tough guys getting in the ring with frustrated former golden gloves guys who almost made it and pros who were unknown and unheralded, but dangerous. The theory was no more than five pro fights ever or in the last five years. The reality was entrants were recruited off the street with no vetting to fill out cards. Some low level pros snuck in when maybe they should not have, looking for easy money against folks hopelessly outclassed.

I did one in Madison in 1980, maybe, maybe 81.  I got recruited off the street. Took a three minute physical (really just shameful).  They did spend a bit more time on their waivers and releases. The bouts were three rounds, two minutes a round with two minutes in between.  It was an elimination tournament.  You got $10 per round and $100 per won fight. I went through four fights, seemed like easy money at the time.  The next guy on the elimination ladder was a guy I had seen fight twice that day.  I did not even get in the ring with him to take a dive.  I forfeited.  He clearly was a pro.  He would have hurt me.  The promoters did not want to pay me.  We had a row.  I got my money and watched that next fight.  I am glad I was not a tough guy who thought he could do more than he could because that guy would have hurt me.  He knocked the next guy more than cold, like ambulance time.  They were not remotely in the same class. It was brutal and dangerous and glorious.    I was amazed at how many guys had no idea of their ability.  Lots of over confidence.  It was dangerous and stupid and should have been banned quickly.  As I recall they lasted for several years, that was several years longer than they should have.

The Judo Club I was in at Madison use to practice up on the top floor of the old Red Gym.  It was hot, dirty, decrepit, I use to go up early to warm up.  They had a storage room.  In it were a bunch of mats and a few old heavy bags and some gloves along with some old trophies and pictures of the UW boxing team from back in the 40's and 50's when they had such. Apparently they were pretty good.  I used the heavy bag, tied up with my obi as a handle to practice throwing something.  It was like working with a medicine ball but better, heavier, more like a person.  Great core work.  While doing that I started talking to the old janitor up there.  He was the boxing coach back in the day.  He liked to get me to put on the gloves and work one of the bags for a bit, trying to give me pointers.  It was a routine, a few minutes, maybe twenty, five days a week over a couple of years.  Anyhow I was up there when the "promoter" came by looking to fill out the cards.  The old guy talked me into going but also told me to know when to quit as I was no boxer.  So I went and I knew when to quit. 

 

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Could you beat her, rockaction?

He's no @matuski

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those Tough man promoters relished in setting up mismatches as the crowds howled in delight when some poor schlub got lit up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I think those Tough man promoters relished in setting up mismatches as the crowds howled in delight when some poor schlub got lit up.

Yeah one of the things I put in my project and report was the fact that I believed in the early days the promoters relished and tried to set up mismatches as crowds went blood thirsty crazy for those knockouts. In my report I actually referred to the unsanctioned matches as basic modern day gladiatorial games without the weapons. I even put in the report how someone of these "promotions" were around far longer then they should've been. Back when I was 8-10 in cub scouts we went to a local Gym in my Township where most of the local cops went to the gym. It was ran by a former Hell's Angels guy who was buddy buddy with the cops. For a Cub Scout trip my troop leader was the guy who always was into getting us to sporting events, camping trips and you know basic cool guy stuff dads would want to do with their sons. Even an archery class. Well the local GYM promoted MMA Kickboxing type thing local stuff very amateur no one really famous or professional but some of the guys in it were some of the trainers of the gym and local cops. We took a self defense class there. Years latter at my work my co worker was good friends with the Owner of said gym and was doing his own program where I live currently. Not only did I go but it was almost like I didn't miss a beat of what to do. Honestly I'm not sure why or how my parents never had me go for Karate or some sort of MMA classes because it was pretty good for my coordination and everything. 

I've gotten into a few local bar scrums where a guy got too handsy with a female companion of mine or a friends or just some real jerk being a d-bag and I've held my own just from the sheer fact of the self defense classes I had taken which was very minimal. However I know my limits. Lets just say Eddie Alvarez (Local guy in my parts) was in a bar and we had a disagreement and he wanted to fight. You sure as hell bet I'm gonna walk away.  Yeah people can say I'm a ##### or whatever but I know that dude would put me in a hospital. Now if it was just some random drunk Joe Schmo from Conestoga (Dan Connor's home town which is real preppy) I'd have no issue throwing hands if they obliged. I've taken down shop lifters at my store and other things like that but most of those situations was me being stupid. I've started take what I do seriously especially now I'm part of an in crowd that includes my District Manager, VP of operations, another Store Director etc. I've just gotten the typical "hey good job be smarter next time talk." 

Edited by DJackson10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.