What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 rookie rankings Post NFL draft pick 1.10 (Closed) (1 Viewer)

TE premium scoring leagues

• 1 Kyler Murray QB Cardinals

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 75 Jace Sternberger TE Packers

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 69 Josh Oliver TE Jaguars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 86 Kahale Warring TE Texans

• 25 Marquise Brown WR Ravens

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 36 Deebo Samuel WR 49ers

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 56 Mecole Hardman WR Chiefs

• 59 Paris Campbell WR Colts

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 62 Andy Isabella WR Cardinals

• 66 Deontae Johnson WR Steelers

• 70 Darrell Henderson RB Rams

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 74 Devin Singletary RB Bills

• 87 Damien Harris RB Patriots

• Dont play in this format

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Other (please post who you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll)

• Total voters

Biabreakable

Footballguy
Well that took forever it seems. Now that all the picks are in, here we go again.

The purpose of these polls is to get an idea of who the majority of voters prefer at a specific pick in a rookie draft. These drafts assume that all 2019 rookie players are available. For the 2QB poll there may be some variance in scoring. Some may be standard, others PPR. I think a lot of 2QB leagues may involve IDP as well so these differences are not accounted for here. Only looking at the offensive skill players in the two most common formats and also 2QB leagues, to get a sense of where the QB are valued relative to other positions, when there is actually scarcity at the QB position. For the TE premium poll this assumes the scoring format is PPR because that is what these leagues almost always are. The polls assume 12 teams and likely 24-26 roster spots as the most common format for dynasty. Short bench dynasty leagues should only care about the top 6-12 rookie players.

If a player isn't listed that you would vote for please vote other and then post the name of the player that you voted for so that player can be added to the next poll. Also please suggest players not listed that you would vote for soon, even if not on the particular poll that is active.

I don't have any lists to follow for populating the poll, so I will just add players based off their draft position for now. As always I appreciate suggestions of players you think should be listed in a poll.

Thanks everyone for voting. Discussion welcome.

Results so far

Standard

1.01 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 72% of the vote

1.02 NKeal Harry Patriots 32% of the vote

1.03 David Montgomery RB Bears 26% of the vote

1.04 Miles Sanders RB Eagles 50% of the vote

1.05 DK Metcalf WR Seahawks 25% of the vote

1.06 AJ Briwn WR Titans 16% of the vote

1.07 Deebo Samuel WR 49ers 21% of the vote

1.08 TJ Hockenson TE Lions 26% of the vote

1.09 1 Kyler Murray QB Cardinals 21% of the vote

1.10 Noah Fant TE Broncos 23% of the vote

PPR

1.01 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 68% of the vote

1.02 NKeal Harry WR Patriots 71% of the vote

1.03 Miles Sanders RB Eagles 29% of the vote

1.04 David Montgomery RB Bears 44% of the vote

1.05 DK Metcalf WR Seahawks 31% of the vote

1.06 AJ Briwn WR Titans 30% of the vote

1.07 Deebo Samuel WR 49ers 32% of the vote

1.08 TJ Hockenson TE Lions 26% of the vote

1.09 59 Paris Campbell WR Colts 25% of the vote

1.10 Marquise Brown WR Ravens 33% of the vote

2QB

1.01 Kyler Murray QB Cardinals 57% of the vote

1.02 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 35% of the vote

1.03 NKeal Harry WR Patriots 21% of the vote

1.04  Dwayne Haskins QB Redskins 23% of the vote

1.05 David Montgomery RB Bears 20% of the vote

1.06 Miles Sanders RB Eagles 29% of the vote

1.07  DK Metcalf WR Seahawks 13% of the vote

1.08 AJ Brown WR Titans 16% of the vote (tie with TJ Hockenson broken based on the standard and PPR polls)

1.09 8 TJ Hockenson TE Lions 15% of the vote (confirms tie with AJ Brown)

1.10 Daniel Jones QB Giants 16% of the vote

TE premium

1.01 Josh Jacobs RB Raiders 52% of the vote

1.02 NKeal Harry Patriots 31% of the vote

1.03 TJ Hockenson TE Lions 27% of the vote

1.04 Noah Fant TE Broncos 23% of the vote

1.05 Miles Sanders RB Eagles 27% of the vote

1.06 David Montgomery RB Bears 33% of the vote

1.07  DK Metcalf WR Seahawks 15% of the vote

1.08 Irv SMith TE Vikings 16% of the vote

1.09 AJ Brown WR Titans with 13% of the vote (tie with Kyler Murray broken based on PPR poll)

1.10 Kyler Murray QB Cardinals 21% of the vote (confirms tie with AJ Brown)

Links to previous polls

The next poll can be found here

Last edited by a moderator:
34 votes in now.

In the standard poll Noah Fant has a slight lead on Paris Campbell who has a slight lead on Darrell Henderson.

In the PPR poll its Marquise Brown leading Murray and Henderson (Murrays gone in the standard poll)

In the 2QB poll Daniel Jones is tied with Henderson. Bless his heart.

In the TE premium poll it is a tie between Marquise Brown and Deebo Samuel.  Samuel won the PPR poll at 1.07 in the previous poll Kyler Murray was tied with AJ Brown. He is one vote behind the WR right now.

I think Daniel Jones is going to bust, and I'm pretty confident about it.

But people picking a TE over a QB drafted 6th overall in a 2QB dynasty format have never played in a 2QB dynasty format.

But people picking a TE over a QB drafted 6th overall in a 2QB dynasty format have never played in a 2QB dynasty format.
Every QB with a prayer gets rostered in these leagues. So the scarcity issue is very real.

6th overall pick is pretty hard to argue with although I agree with you. I think Pat Shurmur is getting set up to fail in the near future.

But the same coach as the Mannings and all. Who knows maybe it works out better than we think. They do have some nice weapons in that offense and there should be improvements to their offensive line. Its a great opportunity for him.

The math is hard to ignore. In a 12 team league there are 24 starting quarterbacks every week. Injuries and bye weeks will take their toll, so any quarterback with a shot at starting for multiple seasons will go quickly in the rookie drafts in these types of leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread