What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Author tweets photo of transit worker breaking rules. Chaos ensues. Spitting on the subway is now allowed. So is jumping turnstiles. (1 Viewer)

parasaurolophus

Footballguy
Unreal.

Transit worker is black. Author is not. 

Woke army mobilizes. Word of union rep taken as gospel. Author gets dropped by distributor. Author also accused somehow of body shaming. 

Think that is ridiculous? Well it gets better. 

DC city council decided(prior to this incident) too many black people were jumping the turnstiles and getting in trouble for it (even though only 8% of offenders end up being charged criminally), so they decided to decriminalize it. 

Think that is ridiculous? 

Well it is also now ok to spit on the subway. Also boomboxes making reappearance. Taco bars now being served on rail cars and hot coffee is encouraged around babies on the bus. 

Hope I didn't miss anything.  

This is the worst story I've read in the last 20 seconds.  just horrible.  I'm outraged!!

Unreal.

Transit worker is black. Author is not. 

Woke army mobilizes. Word of union rep taken as gospel. Author gets dropped by distributor. Author also accused somehow of body shaming. 

Think that is ridiculous? Well it gets better. 

DC city council decided(prior to this incident) too many black people were jumping the turnstiles and getting in trouble for it (even though only 8% of offenders end up being charged criminally), so they decided to decriminalize it. 

Think that is ridiculous? 

Well it is also now ok to spit on the subway. Also boomboxes making reappearance. Taco bars now being served on rail cars and hot coffee is encouraged around babies on the bus.  

Hope I didn't miss anything.  
Look, the issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with the WMATA rules. We did. But you can't hold Metro responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals. For if you do, shouldn't we blame the whole mass transit system? And if the whole mass transit system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of transportation in general? I put it to you: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society?

Well, you can do what you you want to me, but I'm not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

The woman losing a book deal over this is the funny part to me. Maybe she could’ve minded her own business?

The rule also technically banned beverages.   Last time I was on the metro, I'd say half the people riding it were drinking coffee or something else.   The author deserves whatever backlash she gets for her petty whining.

I personally found somebody on twitter referring to what she did as a hate crime to be the funniest part. 
might I suggest stepping away from Twitter?  a whole lot of, whats the acceptable term around here nowadays, people who are not the sharpest tools in the shed.  I imagine if someone were to go looking for somewhere where people say dumb things, twitter would be the best place to start

jomar said:
might I suggest stepping away from Twitter?  a whole lot of, whats the acceptable term around here nowadays, people who are not the sharpest tools in the shed.  I imagine if someone were to go looking for somewhere where people say dumb things, twitter would be the best place to start
There is a whole lot of stupid on twitter.

Gawain said:
All this reads to me is an admission that government employees don't have to follow the law. 

Long Island would like to up the challenge: https://twitter.com/lirrpasssuck?lang=en
People posting these photos isn't really new. If she had posted a photo of a white police officer eating on the train people would have freaked out, quite differently. 

Yashar Ali wouldn't have pretended to care about the officer's job, that's for sure.  

NREC34 said:
The woman losing a book deal over this is the funny part to me. Maybe she could’ve minded her own business?
Actually I'm kind of surprised she didn't get a new book deal out of this. This story is perfect for the manufactured-outrage-liberalism-is-a-disease subgenre.

parasaurolophus said:
Author was born in Jordan.
Oh. Nevermind.

Actually I'm kind of surprised she didn't get a new book deal out of this. This story is perfect for the manufactured-outrage-liberalism-is-a-disease subgenre.

Oh. Nevermind.
You make a valid point. If that was a white person that would have made that post things would have been very different. Woman on this show agrees with you. I thought they addressed this issue pretty correctly all the way around in that round table. 

So there it is: everything that makes the present day a drag - all wrapped into one story.  Annoying busybodies who use Twitter to exercise power, government employees breaking rules we gotta follow, and of course knee-jerk, instantaneous calls of racism.

I have no issue with what she did, but it’s not a big deal either way.  Social media is what turns a small issue like this into a divisive ####storm.  It sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread