What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Game of Thrones Finale... How do you see it ending... (1 Viewer)

Which of the following are true at the end of the series... (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bran wargs into Drogon, nukes Dany and then nukes himself (on the thinking that dragons are just too powerful to leave hanging around).  Because Drogon dies, Bran dies too, but his sacrifice saves the realm.  Jon Snow takes the iron throne.  Peace and prosperity yadda yadda.

Bran wargs into Drogon, nukes Dany and then nukes himself (on the thinking that dragons are just too powerful to leave hanging around).  Because Drogon dies, Bran dies too, but his sacrifice saves the realm.  Jon Snow takes the iron throne.  Peace and prosperity yadda yadda.
It seems like Bran warging into Drogon has to happen, otherwise that was a ton of wasted screen time developing that ability for him to just fly around in a Raven for 10 seconds doing nothing during the Battle of Winterfell.

Arya kills Dany
Jon begrudgingly becomes king
Davos is named hand
Sam is named grand maester
Sansa is named wardeness of the north, including all lands north of the wall
Bran burrows underground
Dead: Arya, Tyrion, Grey Worm, Drogon, Bronn

ain't gonna happen, but ... would love to see Arya pull one last stolen face coup via Greyworm - dude also has to answer for his recklessness in KL - so, Arya kills him, steals the face, sidles up to Dany - WALA!

Jon kills Dany...walks a tower in Kings Landing....looks at the horizon/land and has a "McNulty/The Wire" moment where we travel thru the land and see how everyone has ended up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-7LCRpPVQ

1. Hot Pie has bought the inn and is the new owner.

2. Brienne is way up North...and rounds the corner to find Tormunds people....Tormund looks up and starts smiling.

3. Yara is having sex with the VERY SAME women that Theon did when he came back to the Iron Islands in Season 2.

4. Those blue lipped Warlocks are all getting high.

5. Bronn walks alone into Highgarden, smiling.

6. Drogons seen flying over The Great Grass Sea, fighting against a new Dothraki Khalsar. He seems happy.

7. Daario Nahris is seen ruling Meereen; and has a bunch of whores who are dressed up like Dany around him.

8. Samwell is writing his book "A SONG OF FIRE AND ICE" .....then all of a sudden we hear Gilly call him to dinner (WE"VE GOT EXTRA BREAD, SAAAM).  He walks into the next room to a big room full of children.  Gilly says (SAAAAM no hat at the table).  We see the top of his head...and he has one of those GRR Martin hats on.

9. Ghost is just laying in the snow...looks up, cocks his head to the side, looks at the camera and then lays back down.

10. Sansa is seen redecorating Winterfell with Pod.  Its obvious that she and her are together and she appreciates a guy who doesn't roger her in the bum like Ramsey.....but who is a legendary Cocksmen.

11. Bran is sitting there with those freaky white eyes. He's at The Wall...and they're rebuilding it. 

12. That guy from Qarth in the vault is a skeleton.

13. Arya is seen with Jaquen D'Har going over plans to kill someone.

14.  There's a CLOSED sign on the Iron Bank of Bravos. There's another sign "COMING SOON, THE SECOND IRON BANK OF BRAVOS".

15. You see Jamies Golden Hand.......then it gets picked up by The Onion Knight...who then looks at his own mutilated hand and contemplates switching. 

16. Gendry's seen walking around Storms End with a sense of awe and bewilderment on his face.

Back to Jon....he smiles. He turns around.  Tyrion is there; smiling. 

TYRION: "I'm going to take a piss off this wall" 

JON: " We deserve it".

TYRION: " Yup".

JON: "Now, lets go get some those #### and wine you always talk about".

THE END. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone sticks a sword in Dany's back for sure -- as Jamie did to Aerys -- with the point being that the Game of Thrones is all just a stupid human cycle, with no good or evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone sticks a sword in Dany's back for sure -- as Jamie did to Aerys -- with the point being that the Game of Thrones is all just a stupid human cycle, with no good or evil.
I would really like it if Dany just continues to kill everyone leaving very few humans.  The last of these humans accidentally create another night king, in an effort to protect themselves, and the cycle begins that way.

Pikachu and Papa Smurf engage in a rolling gun battle down the yellow brick road. They blast each other simultaneously, plunging the fantasy world into darkness until the millennial's children's children resurrect them on the tip of a monopod in the year 2069.

Jon kills Dany for sure.  Drogon is cool with it and just takes off back to essos.  

Jon doesn’t want the throne and goes north to start up a “beyond the Wall” sled-dog excursion company with Tormund and Ghost.  

no iron throne. Instead senate-like council that makes decisions.  Members include Tyrion, Sam, Davos and Bronn (to keep it light).  

Sansa stays in winterfell and rules an independent north.  

Arya takes off for Essos.  

Robyn is the first Westerosee to successfully transition.  

The end. 

The Unburnt gets burned? :unsure:  

Non-shtick answer: Dany's obviously gotta start closing ranks once she lands. Not sure who's left in the inner circle, maybe Grey Worm, maybe Davos? Jon tries reasoning with her, doesn't get anywhere. Tyrion might have to RFHFL at this point. Dany gets assassinated, Arya being an obv. candidate and who might die in the process, further chaos ensues, but no further war. Dunno what happens with Drogon, maybe he just flies off? Maybe there's a spare Scorpion lying around.

Lords of the different houses convene and discuss a new leader altogether, breaking the wheel, etc. etc., but don't know where that ends up being. Jon turns it down flat, and finally manages to stop getting promoted into jobs he doesn't want. Betting odds suggest that SOMEONE (hey @hooter311) thinks it's going to be _______, who might be top of mind for ______ and/or _______.

Jon ####s off and goes to live north of the wall so he can be left alone, and hang with Tormund and his dog.

Dunno, I could see him getting waffly for this. Sneaky killin' is Arya's forte, and we are clearly led to believe that she would have no issue with lighting Dany up at this point.
Yeah. Could happen.  Just can’t see them giving Arya the two biggest kills.  But nothing they do would surprise me now. Unless they gave someone like Bran or Sam the throne.  That would be epically stupid.  

I think Jon tries to talk her out of killing Tyrion (which she will be doing in short order) and when she refuses he dusts her. Then drogon is all like “#### this, I’m out of here.”

Bingo.

"Burn them all.  Burn them all.  Burn them in their homes.  Burn them in their beds.  Would you have done it then?  Would you have kept your oath THEN?"

--Jaime Lannister, back in season 2 or 3.

Jon Snow in season 8.

And then of course Dany just a few episodes ago..

"My brother would tell us a bedtime story, about the man who murdered our father.  Who stabbed him in the back, then sat down on the Iron Throne as his blood poured onto the floor".

^^I'm guessing something like that.

Always such a ray of sunshine, is all you do is spend your time pissing and moaning about things?  

I await your list of necessary threads in this type of forum... 
Do i really go around pissing & moaning a lot? I apologize.

As to your thread...we do have a 575 page thread devoted to 8 seasons of  a show we are all obviously passionate about that is quickly coming to a close and in just the last page of said thread there are 7 different theories as to how it will end. 2 of which are actually serious! I'm not sure I see the point of you starting a thread listing out as many possibilities as you can (but still limited) when pretty much all we've done for the last 5 weeks is speculate on the ending. But that's me, Mr. Pissy & Moany :D you do you.

- Dany will find out from the foot soldiers that he let Jaime go, and make him BBQ

- This is piss somebody off enough to kill Dany.  ( I would assume Ayra or Jon, but Arya seems to have given up the revenge game.  Maybe Bronn so he can talk the Starks into giving him more than Highgarden?)

-  All this trauma will make the main players go their separate ways a bit - Arya wanders to Gendry, Sansa heads to Winterfell, Jon goes north to build a house at the torn down section of the wall?  

- The Mountain rises from the ashes and crushes Bran

- series ends with Sam holding an election in the capital for the new ruler and writing the history of Jon and Dany.  

I predict it will be an enormous cheesefest, with main characters put in no win situations to create false drama, like having them get run through twice with a sword for example. 

Because the writers don’t know how to create suspense without source material to fall back on. 

Then there will be a miraculous saviour or recovery and in true Hollywood style they will pull off some miraculous feat. 

Like being choked out by the strongest man alive and lifted off the ground by your crushed eyeballs but somehow finding the strength to push him back through a stone wall, with both of you falling to a death in flames. 

And fanboys everywhere will cheer that is the greatest episode ever, mocking those who are critical of the garbage writing because...hey....dragons and zombies.

Ayra thinks it would be a good joke to swap faces as the Night King but once she puts on his face her eyes turn blue and she is stuck.  The Night King then kills Drogon and starts killing everyone in Westoros.  Winter has come.

Ayra thinks it would be a good joke to swap faces as the Night King but once she puts on his face her eyes turn blue and she is stuck.  The Night King then kills Drogon and starts killing everyone in Westoros.  Winter has come.
I would like some sort of ending like this, something that is not a happy ending where we see the "cycle" repeat.

Put me in this camp.  Not sure how they are going to pull it off but I don't see anyone sitting on the Iron Throne at the end.  Maybe after Dany is killed Jon destroys it because it's a symbol of all of what's wrong with the world and declares a Republic.

Put me in this camp.  Not sure how they are going to pull it off but I don't see anyone sitting on the Iron Throne at the end.  Maybe after Dany is killed Jon destroys it because it's a symbol of all of what's wrong with the world and declares a Republic.
I would be okay with this type of ending, but I don't think Jon would be the realistic one to do it.  Maybe Tyrion?

Pretty much everyone dies while killing each other, except for Samwell Tarley.  He reluctantly takes the Iron Throne and, as the picture fades out, he tosses aside his crown and dons a black fisherman's hat.

The current season almost seems like a parody of the previous ones.  There will be a lot of plot twists that might generally be unexpected, but are now quite expected.

Jon kills Dany for sure.  Drogon is cool with it and just takes off back to essos.  

Jon doesn’t want the throne and goes north to start up a “beyond the Wall” sled-dog excursion company with Tormund and Ghost.  

no iron throne. Instead senate-like council that makes decisions.  Members include Tyrion, Sam, Davos and Bronn (to keep it light).  

Sansa stays in winterfell and rules an independent north.  

Arya takes off for Essos.  

Robyn is the first Westerosee to successfully transition.  

The end. 
Not bad 

Users who are viewing this thread