Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - Buckeye fans gravy train Burrow’s Heisman win

4 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Bummer. I will never get over a bowl game sponsored by a lawnmower company being played in an indoor stadium with some of the worst artificial turf known to man.

Saw the bowl there at the dome with Rutgers vs UCF a few years ago. Wildly boring. 

12 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Bummer. I will never get over a bowl game sponsored by a lawnmower company being played in an indoor stadium with some of the worst artificial turf known to man.

I guess Enchant is a bigger draw this year. Makes sense really. 

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

:lmao:

Will anybody make more money achieving as little success as Willie Taggart in our lifetime?  

Sam Bradford?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, General Malaise said:

:lmao:

Will anybody make more money achieving as little success as Willie Taggart in our lifetime?  

Sam Bradford

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

OK that makes more sense.  I had read they wanted to pay $900k to $1MM for the head coach.  

No. Thats what Aranda makes at LSU.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Kind of like a domed stadium with no air conditioning being named after an air conditioning company. 

• Sad 1

So FSU is paying Norvell 3.75M with an additional 250k tossed on each year, a pool of 5.25M for his assistants and anywhere from 4-6M for Willie and his staff for their buyouts.

14-15M a year for coaches. Dude better put up some wins quick. 

21 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

I will never get over a bowl game sponsored by a lawnmower company being played in an indoor stadium with some of the worst artificial turf known to man.

If anything encapsulates the current bowl system, it is this.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Capella said:

So FSU is paying Norvell 3.75M with an additional 250k tossed on each year, a pool of 5.25M for his assistants and anywhere from 4-6M for Willie and his staff for their buyouts.

Do parents writing tuition checks to schools in this situation ever give pause before they sign and send? 

Under a week now for the first Signing Period deadline.  Surprise...Bama and Clemson neck and neck for the #1 class.

USC building their worst class since rankings began.  

2 minutes ago, gump said:

Under a week now for the first Signing Period deadline.  Surprise...Bama and Clemson neck and neck for the #1 class.

USC building their worst class since rankings began.  

WHAT????  Kids aren't lining up to play for this guy?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Capella said:

Do you know if that $5.25mm covers only the assistants or also the whole support staff? Just curious. 

7 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Do parents writing tuition checks to schools in this situation ever give pause before they sign and send? 

It’s absolutely unreal. Are nfl teams laying out 15M for their coaching staffs? Sure a few are but doubt most do. 

Edited by Capella

26 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

Do you know if that $5.25mm covers only the assistants or also the whole support staff? Just curious. 

Just 10 assistants 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Capella said:

It’s absolutely unreal. Are nfl teams laying out 15M for their coaching staffs? Sure a few are but doubt most do. 

Belichick is pulling in 12.5, which is tops (deservedly).  I think McDaniels makes a ton as well.

Jerry is going to offer Urban $15mm I bet.  

5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Belichick is pulling in 12.5, which is tops (deservedly).  I think McDaniels makes a ton as well.

Jerry is going to offer Urban $15mm I bet.  

Yea. But the middle class teams. Tampa Tennessee Etc. Can’t imagine but maybe they do. I know Arians has 28 (!!!!) people on staff. 

2019 Coaching Salaries Oklahoma University Football

HC/QB Lincoln Riley - $6,000,000

OC/OL Bill Bedenbaugh - $750,000  underpaid.

Co-OC/IWR/RC Cale Gundy - $535,000

RB Jay Boulware - $470,000

AHC/TE Shane Beamer - $470,000

OWR Dennis Simmons - $460,000

DC/S Alex Grinch - $1,400,000

AHC/OLB Ruffin McNeill - $575,000

ILB Brian Odom - $375,000

DL Calvin Thibodeaux - $375,000

CB Roy Manning - $425,000

11.8 million a year. 

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/116/Contents/alabama-boasts-nations-highestpaid-assistant-coaching-staff-140264557/

According to USA Today’s salary database, Nick Saban’s 10-coach staff is set to earn a combined $7,541,277. Clemson is No. 2 at $7.4 million, while Ohio State is No. 3 at $7.2 million.

11 minutes ago, gump said:

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/116/Contents/alabama-boasts-nations-highestpaid-assistant-coaching-staff-140264557/

According to USA Today’s salary database, Nick Saban’s 10-coach staff is set to earn a combined $7,541,277. Clemson is No. 2 at $7.4 million, while Ohio State is No. 3 at $7.2 million.

I should have been a position coach. 

45 minutes ago, gump said:

Jeeeeeeesus 

12 hours ago, culdeus said:

I should have been a position coach. 

You and me both.  You could make a nice career out of being a position coach without the pressure of a HC spot.

My wife is taking my daughter out of town this weekend. My plan for the next 3 days is to youtube some long-snapping instructions and start the process. My 7 and 4 year old boys will be set up with a scholarship (ok maybe walk-on), a solid NFL career and then coaching afterwards, where the money really kicks in. I'm totes gonna live off of their salaries. Why did no one think of this before?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

13 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Didn’t read the link but I can’t believe that there is any truth to this. It would be shocking and a big mistake in his part. 

Today’s game has got to be the least affected by a windy day in history of college football. 

• Like 2

Slippery Rock’s season comes to an end.  They lose 58-15 to Minnesota State Mavericks. They end the season 13-1. 

Two fun facts:

The O/U for the game was 81. This is amazing considering the two team were 1-2 in scoring offense. 

SRU has no mascot. Their signage around campus has a Lion and references to pride, but that’s it. Just about everyone refers to them as The Rock. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Today’s game has got to be the least affected by a windy day in history of college football. 

halftime passing stats

@ChrisVannini: Army QB: 1-for-1 passing, 10 yards

Navy WR: 1-for-1 passing, 1 yd, 1 TD

Navy QB: 0 pass attempts

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

halftime passing stats

@ChrisVannini: Army QB: 1-for-1 passing, 10 yards

Navy WR: 1-for-1 passing, 1 yd, 1 TD

Navy QB: 0 pass attempts

Playing safety against either of these teams means a light cardio workout. :lol: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

Slippery Rock’s season comes to an end.  They lose 58-15 to Minnesota State Mavericks. They end the season 13-1. 

Two fun facts:

The O/U for the game was 81. This is amazing considering the two team were 1-2 in scoring offense. 

SRU has no mascot. Their signage around campus has a Lion and references to pride, but that’s it. Just about everyone refers to them as The Rock. 

Wow surprising

It’s 6 PM in the east and this Army-Navy game is almost over. 

An SEC game would be halfway through the third quarter. :mellow:

Navy QB Malcolm Perry has rushed for over 300 yards. :shock:

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Two fun facts:

for sure thought Minnesota State was just a made up name for Coach

• Like 1

I guess it was anticlimactic ... but no posts about the Heisman ceremony?

10 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Navy QB Malcolm Perry has rushed for over 300 yards. :shock:

What a way for that kid to go out. They played him at slot back last year, where he wasn't a good fit. Coach Ken said "yeah, I'm the moron who did that" :lol:

This has been a peak season for what can happen at Navy. 10 wins in a really good (& fun!) conference, a mid-level bowl game, and beating Army.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doug B said:

I guess it was anticlimactic ... but no posts about the Heisman ceremony?

Aside from Jalen Hurts coming in second, it certainly wasn't a surprise. I think the 2 game suspension cost Chase Young 2nd place. (not due to stats, but because alot of voters wouldn't want to reward a player who got an NCAA suspension, regardless of how absurd the reasoning was).

Edited by Tecumseh
i wanted to

8 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Is this the first time that the top-3 vote getters were all transfers?  Kind of crazy.

Considering the transfer thing is about 3 or 4 years old in its current form.  Gonna guess yes. 

Day 14/100

Went to the in-laws for early Christmas after getting very little sleep. Got home, took a quick nap, but I knew I had to get my activity in. Headed out at 8, intending to just do 30 mins or so. Started running and didn't check my tracker. Got to my first stopping point, felt good, so I just kept going. That happened 3-4 more times. Ended up running for 54mins and almost exactly 5 miles. Did a 6 min cool down just to get to an even hour. Combined with my steps after midnight at work last night, I ended up at almost 19k for the 24 hour period.

Diet: Not great, but not as bad as it could have been. :shrug:

Bank: $140