What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (6 Viewers)

Mullen has done very well at halftime adjustments.  That said, I'm not sure what defensive adjustments they make to slow down LSU offense especially with the loss of Greenard.  The tackling has been spotty so I'm not sure you can dial up a bunch of heavy blitzes.

I think the thing that impresses me the most about Mullen and Trask is that they're facing two very good yet very different defenses in consecutive weeks and they have implemented two radically different offensive  game plans successfully. 

Last week Auburn had intense Front 7 pressure and it was quick passes with WR screens, slants and quick running plays off guard.

This week it's longer sideline and posts and pull the offside guard traps.
I'm not sure this LSU D is very good - good maybe. Not as good as Auburn. If Auburns D could have stayed off the field it would have been even better. 3 and outs and turnovers killed them

But I agree with your premise that Mullen is mixing it up well.

Anyone mention how my New Jersey Scarlet Knights had 1 yard passing today; that's 1 yard as a team?   I didn't think that was possible. 

This is ####### bull####. Penn State scores a TD, it's called back on review. Now it's 3rd and goal from the 20 after two bull#### holding calls. Refs stole a TD from PSU twice.

This is ####### bull####. Penn State scores a TD, it's called back on review. Now it's 3rd and goal from the 20 after two bull#### holding calls. Refs stole a TD from PSU twice.
@KegsnEggs: That overturned touchdown in Iowa-Penn State is quite literally the worst and weirdest replay review I've ever seen. Fire everyone.

ND defense looks gassed. Three straight scoring drives by SC. This’ll come down to the last possession. 

PAC 12 ref: “Uhh we think we heard a whistle on the field at some point during that last play and even though the play has been over, we’re going to just say this is 2nd down again, ok?”

One of the weirdest and unsurprisingly corrupt things I’ve seen. PAC 12 keeps trying to find ways to screw ND. 

Trask with a bad INT throw into the endzone on 3rd and 1. They had 2 downs to get a yard, or perhaps get a fg. Hindsight.

Trask with a bad INT throw into the endzone on 3rd and 1. They had 2 downs to get a yard, or perhaps get a fg. Hindsight.
Gators played great and Mullen has done a good job except constantly putting Emory in for Trask. Absolutely baffling. Let Trask get that second and 1. He’s earned it. 

PAC 12 ref: “Uhh we think we heard a whistle on the field at some point during that last play and even though the play has been over, we’re going to just say this is 2nd down again, ok?”

One of the weirdest and unsurprisingly corrupt things I’ve seen. PAC 12 keeps trying to find ways to screw ND. 
I think they may just be terrible in general.

Here they are completely missing Brian Kelly being like 5 yards onto the field during the onside kick attempt.

Here they are completely missing Brian Kelly being like 5 yards onto the field during the onside kick attempt.
Yup. They were awful all game. Honestly felt like ND got a few gimme calls after they realized how one sided they’d been calling things. 

The line judge routinely spotted the ball a yard short of the play. SC didn’t have one holding call all game. There was a turnaround face mask in the first they missed too.

Just another in a long line of epic fails by Pac-12 officials.  They are God-awful and have been for a long time.

1)@OhioStateFB

2)@LSUfootball

3)@AlabamaFTBL

4)@OU_Football

5)@BadgerFootball

6)@PennStateFball

7)@ClemsonFB

8)@GatorsFB

9)@GeorgiaFootball

10)@NDFootball

Georgia’s twitter account has completely abandoned their post.  No tweets since the 4th quarter of the game yesterday. 

It's the same crew that took away a PSU TD against Nebraska a couple of years back.  PSU had crossed the goal line, THEN the NU player knocked it free.  Ref John O'Neill didn't see it that way.

Only LSU hosting Auburn stands in the way now of the '19 game of the year in Ttown on 11/9...led by the 2 best QBs in the country this year.  It'll be the opposite of the '11 9-6 game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only LSU @ Auburn stands in the way now of the '19 game of the year in Ttown on 11/9...led by the 2 best QBs in the country this year.  It'll be the opposite of the '11 9-6 game.
Auburn travels to Baton Rouge this year

Holy ####.  That reminded me of pee wee football games when the the coaches are on the field for the first few weeks.  

Users who are viewing this thread