Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - Buckeye fans gravy train Burrow’s Heisman win

Good throw by Trevor there - his guy was going to catch it or no one

Did anyone miss the 45 yard holding penalty besides the refs in the SC game?  :lmao:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2019 at 7:17 PM, Capella said:

They have an unhealthy obsession with college football due to there being nothing else of substance in their state and also due to the fact that the state has the worst public education system this side of Mississippi. 

Also they are backwards hicks cc: @jplvr

Also, I’m a Floridian now. 

Edited by jplvr
  • Like 1

SC was getting all the calls first half. Gators getting the calls and non calls 4th quarter

This crew has not been good. 

Illinois looking for that elusive rare Big 10 win over a team not named Rutgers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wow - huge upset. Illinois is so bad- incredible

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Biggest winning school history

5 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Illinois looking for that elusive rare Big 10 win over a team not named Rutgers.

3rd conference win over a non-Rutgers team in the past 4 years for our boys.

So how do you not tie down the wagon thing to the trailer thing?

Badgers ranking goes into freefall with that loss - 6 to 13-14 from the looks of it

48 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

Badgers ranking goes into freefall with that loss - 6 to 13-14 from the looks of it

Yep, Boise will leap frog them for sure. 

23 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

So is jalen hurts a candidate now for the top of the draft?  Godalmighty he was amazing today

He looked good today. Much better than last week. But his accuracy is still a little shaky.

1 hour ago, ffldrew said:

Seems like this happens to Wisconsin and Georgia every freaking year. Textbook.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Christo said:

He looked good today. Much better than last week. But his accuracy is still a little shaky.

16/17  🤨

Just now, pantherclub said:

16/17  🤨

And the incompletion was a drop. Doesn't change the fact he's not very accurate. He had a lot of guys running wide open thru the WVU secondary.

3 minutes ago, Christo said:

And the incompletion was a drop. Doesn't change the fact he's not very accurate. He had a lot of guys running wide open thru the WVU secondary.

Yeah man I am not following your argument here

Just now, Christo said:

Glad he's doing well, but he's not going to be an NFL QB. I still say if Tebow wanted to switch to some sort of H-back role, running wildcat from time to time, he would have made the HOF eventually. Jalen could do something similar. Never expected Tebow to do it because he wanted to be QB or nothing, but Hurts comes from a H.S. football background, and I could see him doing something like that as he was already lining up for Bama last year in similar spots... can't remember if he actually caught a pass, but he'd line up with Tua at QB for strange sets, at least.

First couple of games, I thought he had improved drastically, but after 7? now, I think he's just slightly improved with a better system for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

Yeah man I am not following your argument here

High completion percentage in a single game <> accurate passer. You have to be accurate in the NFL. The windows aren't nearly as big and they don't stay open as long. He's not that guy.

Edited by Christo
  • Like 1

I kid you not, through 38 minutes, Buffalo/Akron may be the single worst football game I have ever seen.

Akron is as bad as advertised.  Their offense is totally inept.  UB has lost a fumble.  Akron has fumbled a punt return.  Each team has missed 2 makeable FGs by a mile, not even close, for a combined 0/4 kicking.  There's like 1000 people in the crowd, tops.  Just one of the worst college football games you will ever see.  Two ####ty teams slapfighting each other.  Buffalo leads 7-0 in the mid-3rd.

Edited by Steve Tasker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ffldrew said:

Probably takes Jonathan Taylor out of any Heisman conversation as well.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

I kid you not, through 38 minutes, Buffalo/Akron may be the single worst football game I have ever seen.

Akron is as bad as advertised.  Their offense is totally inept.  UB has lost a fumble.  Akron has fumbled a punt return.  Each team has missed 2 makeable FGs by a mile, not even close, for a combined 0/4 kicking.  There's like 1000 people in the crowd, tops.  Just one of the worst college football games you will ever see.  Two ####ty teams slapfighting each other.  Buffalo leads 7-0 in the mid-3rd.

You at the game?

Congrats Cal, for just throwing the game away.

3 hours ago, jplvr said:

Also, I’m a Floridian now. 

Where at??

6 minutes ago, Insein said:

You at the game?

No, thank god.  Watching on ESPN3.  Akron is one of the few MAC stadiums I've never been to, actually.

I've seen a lot of bad football over the years.  A lot of lopsided defeats when UB was the worst team in FBS.  This isn't the worst I've seen UB play, but this may be overall the most excruciating games I've ever watched.  They said Akron is the worst team in FBS.  They certainly look like it to me.

As I type this, Khalil Mack's little brother picks up a scoop-n-score fumble-six to put UB up 14-0.  Based on what I've seen from Akron's offense, this game should be over.

Edited by Steve Tasker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jplvr said:

First couple of games, I thought he had improved drastically, but after 7? now, I think he's just slightly improved with a better system for him.

Riley has designed a beautiful system for him. If a pass play breaks down, there is almost always a zone that has been completely vacated by the WRs that allows him to pick up huge chunks of yards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

Yep, CENTRAL FLORIDA will leap frog them for sure. 

FYP

5 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

FYP

A team with 2 losses? 

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

A team with 2 losses? 

Shtick, son. It’s shtick. 

Just now, Tom Servo said:

Shtick, son. It’s shtick. 

Schtick and move 

• Thanks 1

On 10/18/2019 at 10:36 AM, General Malaise said:

Unfortunately, I can.  And sometimes do.  

Huge game for the Ducks and their top target, Marvin Pittman on Saturday.  Little bummed it's 12:30 kick as I'll be patrolling the sideline of the U8 Milltown Rapinoes.  Praying for a rainout.  

:bag: Micah, not Michael or Marvin, had a nice game and long touchdown catch.  Always nice to beat the leghumpers!

Very interested to see how highly Hurts is drafted. He's a sharp, composed kid (a few head-shaking throws last week notwithstanding) and has a big enough arm. I think the limitations are accuracy (as Christo mentioned) and anticipation (I don't see him throwing guys open all that much).

I could see him transitioning to TE if QB doesn't work out and would bet on him getting a second NFL contract one way or another. He strikes me as a guy that will put in the necessary work to secure his financial future and has sufficient natural ability to do so.

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

:bag: Micah, not Michael or Marvin, had a nice game and long touchdown catch.  Always nice to beat the leghumpers!

Mycah. His brother Michael Jr. plays at USC. His dad Michael Sr. was the king of junk as a receiving back for the Cardinals and was good for 7 catches, 60 yards in the last 8 minutes of a game in which they were down by 20.

• Thanks 1

Holy hell, Pokes. Pass up a FG to make it a one score game. Throw an incomplete pass. Then right after the change of possession give up a 75 yard TD run.

5 hours ago, The Commish said:

Did anyone miss the 45 yard holding penalty besides the refs in the SC game?  :lmao:

False start on that play too

White Out is impressive...they do the Color Out concept better than anyone.

• Like 2

Michigan takes their first timeout before a second runs off the clock.  CLASSIC Harbaugh.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, gump said:

White Out is impressive...they do the Color Out concept better than anyone.

Such a hungry fan base. They will take over a semi-final stadium given the chance.