Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - COVID is 19 point favorite against regular season opening on time.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

God I hate Notre Dame.

If they're not going to cover, I hope they lose in heart breaking fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PAC 12 ref: “Uhh we think we heard a whistle on the field at some point during that last play and even though the play has been over, we’re going to just say this is 2nd down again, ok?”

One of the weirdest and unsurprisingly corrupt things I’ve seen. PAC 12 keeps trying to find ways to screw ND. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trask with a bad INT throw into the endzone on 3rd and 1. They had 2 downs to get a yard, or perhaps get a fg. Hindsight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Trask with a bad INT throw into the endzone on 3rd and 1. They had 2 downs to get a yard, or perhaps get a fg. Hindsight.

Gators played great and Mullen has done a good job except constantly putting Emory in for Trask. Absolutely baffling. Let Trask get that second and 1. He’s earned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Is this pic definitive? It looks like the ball has broken the plane and the knee is down. 

Exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have had a play ready to go. Can't waste a TO there to call a play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

Anyone mention how my New Jersey Scarlet Knights had 1 yard passing today; that's 1 yard as a team?   I didn't think that was possible. 

Are they finally trying the option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jayded said:

PAC 12 ref: “Uhh we think we heard a whistle on the field at some point during that last play and even though the play has been over, we’re going to just say this is 2nd down again, ok?”

One of the weirdest and unsurprisingly corrupt things I’ve seen. PAC 12 keeps trying to find ways to screw ND. 

I think they may just be terrible in general.

Here they are completely missing Brian Kelly being like 5 yards onto the field during the onside kick attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GroveDiesel said:

I think they may just be terrible in general.

Here they are completely missing Brian Kelly being like 5 yards onto the field during the onside kick attempt.

Yup. They were awful all game. Honestly felt like ND got a few gimme calls after they realized how one sided they’d been calling things. 

The line judge routinely spotted the ball a yard short of the play. SC didn’t have one holding call all game. There was a turnaround face mask in the first they missed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jayded said:

PAC 12 ref: “Uhh we think we heard a whistle on the field at some point during that last play and even though the play has been over, we’re going to just say this is 2nd down again, ok?”

One of the weirdest and unsurprisingly corrupt things I’ve seen. PAC 12 keeps trying to find ways to screw ND. 

Just another in a long line of epic fails by Pac-12 officials.  They are God-awful and have been for a long time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Boise State QB injury is a bummer- I hope it's not serious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

This Boise State QB injury is a bummer- I hope it's not serious. 

Cord's doing just fine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Getzlaf15 said:

Cord's doing just fine...

There have been no beats skipped. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish my Boise games weren't on so late. It's tough staying up until 2 AM every Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ilov80s said:

I just wish my Boise games weren't on so late. It's tough staying up until 2 AM every Saturday. 

It sold out... and I hate the 8:15 starts for ESPN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

It sold out... and I hate the 8:15 starts for ESPN.

10:15 here sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Largest crowd in the history of the stadium for the Broncos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Largest crowd in the history of the stadium for the Broncos 

It's 11:15pm here and 2 minutes left in the 3rd q.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1)@OhioStateFB

2)@LSUfootball

3)@AlabamaFTBL

4)@OU_Football

5)@BadgerFootball

6)@PennStateFball

7)@ClemsonFB

8)@GatorsFB

9)@GeorgiaFootball

10)@NDFootball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia’s twitter account has completely abandoned their post.  No tweets since the 4th quarter of the game yesterday. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Insein said:

This is ####### bull####. Penn State scores a TD, it's called back on review. Now it's 3rd and goal from the 20 after two bull#### holding calls. Refs stole a TD from PSU twice.

It's the same crew that took away a PSU TD against Nebraska a couple of years back.  PSU had crossed the goal line, THEN the NU player knocked it free.  Ref John O'Neill didn't see it that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only LSU hosting Auburn stands in the way now of the '19 game of the year in Ttown on 11/9...led by the 2 best QBs in the country this year.  It'll be the opposite of the '11 9-6 game.

Edited by gump
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gump said:

Only LSU @ Auburn stands in the way now of the '19 game of the year in Ttown on 11/9...led by the 2 best QBs in the country this year.  It'll be the opposite of the '11 9-6 game.

Auburn travels to Baton Rouge this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gump said:

Only LSU @ Auburn stands in the way now of the '19 game of the year in Ttown on 11/9...led by the 2 best QBs in the country this year.  It'll be the opposite of the '11 9-6 game.

Jalen Hurts and Trevor Lawrence play each other in a few weeks?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Jalen Hurts and Trevor Lawrence play each other in a few weeks?

Lawrence? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I think they may just be terrible in general.

Here they are completely missing Brian Kelly being like 5 yards onto the field during the onside kick attempt.

Holy ####.  That reminded me of pee wee football games when the the coaches are on the field for the first few weeks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

It's the same crew that took away a PSU TD against Nebraska a couple of years back.  PSU had crossed the goal line, THEN the NU player knocked it free.  Ref John O'Neill didn't see it that way.

Also same crew that called that OSU int that hit the ground back in 2015 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

It's the same crew that took away a PSU TD against Nebraska a couple of years back.  PSU had crossed the goal line, THEN the NU player knocked it free.  Ref John O'Neill didn't see it that way.

I knew the name looked familiar.  There is a thread on a Husker message board about this crew.  I think they just suck in general.  :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

I think they may just be terrible in general.

Here they are completely missing Brian Kelly being like 5 yards onto the field during the onside kick attempt.

The bizarre Memphis-Temple call has to be the worst of the day. This was ruled a completion on the field, on 4th down, with Memphis down by 2. 


https://twitter.com/MarcusGronauer/status/1183101676997226496

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Completion or incompletion? Looks like a catch to me.

Ruled a catch on the field, but overturned on a replay review. The catch put Memphis in FG range, but it was 4th down so game over after the call was overturned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Ruled a catch on the field, but overturned on a replay review. The catch put Memphis in FG range, but it was 4th down so game over after the call was overturned. 

Oof, terrible 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

Does anyone do less with more than UGA?

This is some coincidence: 

David Paschall

@DavidSPaschall

The starts of Richt & Smart at Georgia continue to amaze:

RICHT 2001: 8-4 2002: 13-1 (SEC #1) 2003: 11-3 (SEC #2) 2004: 5-1

SMART 2016: 8-5 2017: 13-2 (SEC #1) 2018: 11-3 (SEC #2) 2019: 5-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WDIK2 said:

I knew the name looked familiar.  There is a thread on a Husker message board about this crew.  I think they just suck in general.  :shrug: 

There are some Penn State fans that think he has an anti-Nittany Lion bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

If we're being honest, nobody likes your face so.....

No argument here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strykerpks said:

I mean, if we're being honest, nobody likes Penn State anyways so....

If we're being honest, no one really wants to live in Wisconsin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.