Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - COVID is 19 point favorite against regular season opening on time.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

Win or lose, UGA is not a good team right now. They would get throttled in the playoffs.  Obviously teams can improve, but they are so bland. 

Oh, they'll get back on track next weekend.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, belljr said:

Man I forgot about the bonfire collapse

Brian McClain lived across the hall from me.  Spent the night trying to get logs off of him.  

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Brian McClain lived across the hall from me.  Spent the night trying to get logs off of him.  

Man...sorry to hear you were involved in that...such a passionate place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Insein said:

:lmao:

OSU fans storming the field after beating a team on their home field they were favored to win by 18.5.

That's good schtick.

Has there been a storming of the field at an away game before? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uruk-Hai said:

I'm with GM on this one. There's no reason Leach can't reestablish a Texas connection in recruiting well enough to be competitive.

Leach at FSU would give the most entertainment for the buck, though.

I’m not doubting Leach but Cappy rightfully points out that Arkansas may be the hardest place to win in the P5.  Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M every year. MSU and Ole Miss are on par with them.  You are swimming upstream there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sullie said:

Nah, it’s always best to rub it in against PSU.

Likewise, GB...likewise. :stirspot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m not doubting Leach but Cappy rightfully points out that Arkansas may be the hardest place to win in the P5.  Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M every year. MSU and Ole Miss are on par with them.  You are swimming upstream there.

Same teams were on their schedule in 2010-11. I remember #3 Arkansas coming into Tiger Stadium the day after Thanksgiving 2011. Arkansas fell short that year against LSU and Alabama, but those 2010-11 Razorbacks were solid squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Same teams were on their schedule in 2010-11. I remember #3 Arkansas coming into Tiger Stadium the day after Thanksgiving 2011. Arkansas fell short that year against LSU and Alabama, but those 2010-11 Razorbacks were solid squads.

Except A&M, who signed the top 2 recruits from Texas last year and 6 of the top 13. Arky needs another Darren McFadden growing in Little Rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gump said:

Except A&M, who signed the top 2 recruits from Texas last year and 6 of the top 13. Arky needs another Darren McFadden growing in Little Rock.

No, Arkansas did play A&M those seasons (2010-11). Out of conference at the time, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

If they totally sucked (please let it come true someday), and upset them in the Shoe, then I understand it. 

When you're the favorite, you're expected to win...especially if the line was like OSU - 18, then you kind should low key it.

Speaking for myself, I had the opportunity to stand at midfield in the home of my favorite team with my daughter. Had literally nothing to do with Penn State. But feel free to mock us (since you certainly can’t beat us).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Doug B said:

No, Arkansas did play A&M those seasons (2010-11). Out of conference at the time, of course.

Nice catch...not this version of A&M though. Their recruiting went to another level when they changed conferences. Stadium was smaller. It’s a beast of a program now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clyde Edwards-Hilaire going for 31 yards a pop tonight  :eek:  Might be the best six-carry game in NCAA history.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Herbert 1st rd pick, give me a break. What is everyone's infatuation with this guy. He is not good. But some awful nfl team will get suckered into taking him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Justin Herbert 1st rd pick, give me a break. What is everyone's infatuation with this guy. He is not good. But some awful nfl team will get suckered into taking him.

He’s been brutal in the 2nd half.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, another Herbert pick. He is 10 for 21 for 120 yards & 2 picks against Arizona freakin state. Yep that's what a rebuilding nfl team wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AAABatteries said:

ASU crapping the bed

No chance they hold on

Edited by belljr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s painful watching inexperienced teams try to put a game away. Oregon scores 7 points in 50 minutes, now they’re about to cut the game to 1 score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tecumseh said:

Speaking for myself, I had the opportunity to stand at midfield in the home of my favorite team with my daughter. Had literally nothing to do with Penn State. But feel free to mock us (since you certainly can’t beat us).

In my experience, anytime the worst seats are being scalped for $300+ a piece, the field is getting stormed following a win. 

And every OSU fan I know didn't think OSU should have been an 18 point favorite in that game. They just didn't want OSU to lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, irish eyes said:

Haha, another Herbert pick. He is 10 for 21 for 120 yards & 2 picks against Arizona freakin state. Yep that's what a rebuilding nfl team wants.

I mean...he's been kinda good for a while. 🤷‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OU going for it...somehow game is in question even though they have outgained TCU 500-200.

Edited by gump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t understand these teams snapping it in shotgun when they don’t need to.  They can run out the clock with 3 kneels or run around for a couple seconds if necessary

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.