What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (8 Viewers)

Yeah....never thought this game would be about Michigan stopping themselves.  Will be interesting to see the halftime adjustments on defense.  This pedestrian offense is going up and down the field shooting themselves in the foot at every opportunity.  And I don't like kicking the field goal at the end of the half.
:lol:

Harbaugh doesnt know what that is. Didnt you see him coach the SB? Or any of these games the last 6 years?

You cannot speak logic to the anti Harbaugh crowd. 
It takes impressive logic to continue to support the guy who cant beat a Top 10 team let alone his biggest rival and the only game that matters to the school since they never compete for conference titles, or even division titles. 

As many as they have since he left?
Thats my point. 

You can win 9 games, if you are not competeing for titles, it doesnt matter if you win 4 or 9.

I would be happy as a Michigan fan to lose every game but this one. But again, anyone who doesnt fully understand the game would mock that. 

This team is way more dangerous with McCaffery in the lineup. His running element is exactly why team with running QBs are at the top of the rankings. 

Another reason why Harbaugh is past his due date, which needs to be talked about since he is a Michigan alum...

I dont really think he grasps the rivalry of OSU and UofM. I mean that, I think he is so blind to how serious this game is, you kick a FG? 
Total yards are almost the same.  Michigan has 250 yards passing in the first half. 2 dumb ### mistakes and 2 missed PI calls costly.  Should be a 1 point game but I know it is not.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Total yards are almost the same.  Michigan has 250 yards passing in the first half. 2 ####### mistakes and 2 missed PI calls costly.  Should be a 1 point game but I know it is not.   
Why was Michigan even rushing the Punter? That FG is even a coaching blunder. How has the adjustments to the read option not been adjusted. They only scored 3 TDs off that one run play.

You cannot speak logic to the anti Harbaugh crowd. 
I liked the Harbaugh hire, and I think he brought in some competition that his predecessors lacked. But the results are simply not there. He's about to be 0-5 against Ohio State, zero division titles, to say nothing of conference titles, and nowhere near an actual national championship.

This thread got unreadable. Shouldn't be shocking given the fan bases dominating it right now, but my fault hoping for better.

Enjoy your games, guys.

Buckeyes and anti Harbaugh brings out an over whelming amount of mouth breathing. 
If you want more of the same, by all means, keep him. I want better for Michigan, to not be a team that peaks at 9-3, to not be Ohio State's guaranteed win at the end of the year, to actually be relevant on the national stage.

Why was Michigan even rushing the Punter? That FG is even a coaching blunder. How has the adjustments to the read option not been adjusted. They only scored 3 TDs off that one run play.
Totally agree.  OSU can`t stop Michigan and Michigan can`t stop OSU so it was stupid and Michigan needs to score and they gave up a possession that turned into a TD.

The run call on second down at the 6 late in the half was a bad call as well. 

Totally agree.  OSU can`t stop Michigan and Michigan can`t stop OSU so it was stupid and Michigan needs to score and they gave up a possession that turned into a TD.

The run call on second down at the 6 late in the half was a bad call as well. 
It ensured Ohio State didn't get another chance to score. That was a smart call.

It ensured Ohio State didn't get another chance to score. That was a smart call.
Not when you don`t score.  Need 7 to compete in the game.  FGs are not going to win it.  With a minute left and getting the ball back in the second half I doubt OSU would have taken any chances.

My point is you don't get rid of Harbaugh just to get rid of him. You get rid of him because you've identified somebody to put you over the top. If you're firing him because he can get you in the Top 25 but not the Playoffs, you better have a strong replacement lined up.

If you make the wrong hire as a replacement it can set you back multiple years.

Not when you don`t score.  Need 7 to compete in the game.  FGs are not going to win it.  With a minute left and getting the ball back in the second half I doubt OSU would have taken any chances.
They had the play call on 3rd. DPJ didn't make the play. 

My point is you don't get rid of Harbaugh just to get rid of him. You get rid of him because you've identified somebody to put you over the top. If you're firing him because he can get you in the Top 25 but not the Playoffs, you better have a strong replacement lined up.

His brother actually won a Super Bowl. Maybe bring him in?

Buckeyes and anti Harbaugh brings out an over whelming amount of mouth breathing. 
We get it man, you are ok with losing to your biggest rival year after year. 

You think being loyal to a losing head coach makes you a real fan, when I can argue it makes you not a real fan because no real fan would settle for this losing. 

Clearly he isnt winning games that matter or titles and thats exactly why you get rid of people. 

Harbaugh is not going anywhere.  Michigan will never fire him and they are one of the most profitable programs in college football even at 10-3. This is the first year Harbaugh finally adapted to a new offense and can actually move the football up and down the field against OSU instead of pounding the FB with 2 TEs.

Look at this great coached Michigan team untying shoes and hitting late out of bounds. Well coached and disciplined team! 

I’d have liked to see OSU blitz Patterson more in the 1st half. Not sure why they are playing so soft and letting UM chip/double Young at will. They also showed a lot of respect for the UM run game. I don’t get it. 

To outsiders, Harbaugh is indefensible at this point. Never wins big, looks sloppy in losses, and started Day 1 with a holier-than-thou arrogance to college football that will never be forgotten.

And I don't like kicking the field goal at the end of the half.

I dont really think he grasps the rivalry of OSU and UofM. I mean that, I think he is so blind to how serious this game is, you kick a FG? 
If they had gone for it and failed, Harbaugh would never have heard the end of it.

The way Michigan is playing, I think the smart move was getting the points, and taking their chances in the 2nd half.

Harbaugh is not going anywhere.  Michigan will never fire him and they are one of the most profitable programs in college football even at 10-3. This is the first year Harbaugh finally adapted to a new offense and can actually move the football up and down the field against OSU instead of pounding the FB with 2 TEs.
Your remark sounds like a guy who watched his team lose 7 years in a row and 16 of last 18 to its biggest rival and is ok with settling for mediocrity. 

Still going to lose the game.

Cooper was retained way too long while going 2-10-1 against UM. I never recall such support for a loser back then. Most Buckeye fans wanted him gone long before he was let go. And UM fans wanted him to stay forever...

Michigan is ok with losing to its biggest rival. 17 of the last 19 years.

OSU is 17-2. Thats not a rivalry, calling this the game is an affront to football rivalries that are competitive. An uncompetitive rivalry for 20 years doesnt make this "the game" now. 

Your remark sounds like a guy who watched his team lose 7 years in a row and 16 of last 18 to its biggest rival and is ok with settling for mediocrity. 
Unfortunately I can`t hire or fire any coach.  OSU has been getting better player, has better recruiting classes. Michigan is like Wisconsin..can beat most but not the top 5 teams

Michigan is ok with losing to its biggest rival. 17 of the last 19 years.

OSU is 17-2. Thats not a rivalry, calling this the game is an affront to football rivalries that are competitive. An uncompetitive rivalry for 20 years doesnt make this "the game" now. 
At least they're 3-2 against their biggest rival now in Michigan State.

Harbaugh got smoked 62-39 last year.

Its now a blow out, again, this will be the 5th time...5th...that OSU has put up over 40 points on this team in Harbaughs tenure. 

The rivalry was 56-35-6 going into 2001, its now 58-51-6. Would be worse if the forfeited game from OSU even counted in all time stats. 

We get it man, you are ok with losing to your biggest rival year after year. 

You think being loyal to a losing head coach makes you a real fan, when I can argue it makes you not a real fan because no real fan would settle for this losing. 
I cant take this seriously. There was no reason to expect this to be a close game. One team is substantially better than the other. If this is your take then you've had this saved in your drafts for weeks/months just waiting to hit submit. 

I cant take this seriously. There was no reason to expect this to be a close game. One team is substantially better than the other. If this is your take then you've had this saved in your drafts for weeks/months just waiting to hit submit. 
Wait, so you knew this wasnt gonna be a close game, yet you make apologies for Harbaugh. 

One of us is a bias Michigan fan, the other is me. 

I cant take anything you say seriously, youa re clearly bias and ok with your team losing. You say as much. It can be asked if you are an OSU fan.

Michigan punting down 35-16.

"Lets get them next year Harbaugh. Its not your fault, you dont recruit or coach the team."

I couldnt imagine saying that to my self. 

Users who are viewing this thread