Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - despite evidence to the contrary, UCF claims victory against Pitt

The chain is cool as hell but putting it on your list of top-10 traditions is just trying to piss twitter off for clicks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Capella said:

The chain is cool as hell but putting it on your list of top-10 traditions is just trying to piss twitter off for clicks. 

They perfected an existing idea...Bama had the Belt and an Axe a few years earlier...but the chain is the great execution and the perfect fit for that program and fanbase.  On that note, is the Turnover Back Pack around this year?

Been getting many ACCN emails lately from ESPN.  I'll be going to the UF vs Miami game, but I was looking to see what channels it was going to be on.  How is ACCN not on Comcast or even Dish?  And they just "scored" spectrum two days ago?  In the area they are on Directv, hulu, youtube tv and vue.  

• Like 1

Cappy....I think I am tapping out on this ND vs UGA saga.  I've been pressing for weeks, but these yahoos can't make decisions and it makes me want to kick the dog.  I'm going to ask a couple more times, but it's not looking good unfortunately.  The other ticket that might have been in play isn't.  This would be my only shot now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Cappy....I think I am tapping out on this ND vs UGA saga.  I've been pressing for weeks, but these yahoos can't make decisions and it makes me want to kick the dog.  I'm going to ask a couple more times, but it's not looking good unfortunately.  The other ticket that might have been in play isn't.  This would be my only shot now.

Ah man I appreciate the effort. Really do. I think we may just buy off Stubhub. Lmk if I can ever do anything for you. 

15 hours ago, The Commish said:

Been getting many ACCN emails lately from ESPN.  I'll be going to the UF vs Miami game, but I was looking to see what channels it was going to be on.  How is ACCN not on Comcast or even Dish?  And they just "scored" spectrum two days ago?  In the area they are on Directv, hulu, youtube tv and vue.  

Most deals with providers are done in the days and weeks leading up to the launch.  Was the same for SEC and Big Ten Networks and most other big money negotiations that occur in every day business

14 hours ago, Capella said:

Ah man I appreciate the effort. Really do. I think we may just buy off Stubhub. Lmk if I can ever do anything for you. 

No worries....I'm still going to ask, but I feel like the light is  dimming.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Most deals with providers are done in the days and weeks leading up to the launch.  Was the same for SEC and Big Ten Networks and most other big money negotiations that occur in every day business

Yet the PAC-12 Network still isn't on DirecTV...and how long's that been? 3, maybe 4 years?

41 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Yet the PAC-12 Network still isn't on DirecTV...and how long's that been? 3, maybe 4 years?

Yep, it is why I switched away from Directv 2 years ago

On 8/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, The Commish said:

I read that that have more subscribers than the B10 network and SEC at the same point in time. I think it’ll get done with all the big players. 

1 minute ago, Capella said:

I read that that have more subscribers than the B10 network and SEC at the same point in time. I think it’ll get done with all the big players. 

Thats a little misleading, right? When the B10 network came around, people thought it was a terrible idea. And nobody thought it'd work. Now, if you are a college football fan, you know you want the ACCN. 

16 minutes ago, Capella said:

No idea...struck me as odd when I read it.  Their first game is a week from now and the only major provider they had until two days ago was Directv.  Reading about the SEC Network, they had their bases covered early.  They did bring on some regional networks in the last couple weeks but they had Spectrum (well, Time Warner at the time), Dish, Comcast on board early.  Oddly enough, Directv was late to the party with the SEC network if I remember correctly.  I know the B1G network went a completely different path than the others in their standup, so they probably do have more than the B1G did at the same point.  And they were the first to the party also...when nobody thought they wanted it.

Edited by The Commish

Ya I really don’t know the details. Somebody had a story about it recently and made it seem like they’re fine. I’m sure they’ll have similar coverage eventually. 

Edited by Capella

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Ya I really don’t know the details. Somebody had a story about it recently and made it seem like they’re fine. I’m sure they’ll have similar coverage eventually. 

ESPN is in charge of the programming.  They will make sure the carriage gets done by all the major players.  They have Hulu and Youtube just need Sling from a streaming standpoint.

25 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Seeing on twitter that former Texas RB Cedric Benson was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning

That sucks. My best friend as a kid got killed on 400 a couple of years back on a motorcycle. I get the allure, but there’s no such thing as a fender bender on a bike. 

21 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

Yep, it is why I switched away from Directv 2 years ago

For you, that would make sense. Back east, I'm not sure how much play it would get in B1G country.

30 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

The Hyundai Sun Bowl is now the Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl.  :lmao:

The Snap, Crackle and Pop Fiesta Bowl

Silly Rabbit Sugar Bowl

Kaboom! Military Bowl

On 8/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, WDIK2 said:

How does clanga make it?  I turn off the sound if I watch them on TV.  I can't imagine anyone enjoying that in person.

Cowbells are ####### awful, and it's in Starkville!    

Also, Auburn's pre-game eagle flight is cooler than Toomer's, but Toomer's  is better known.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Auburn starting a true freshman QB. No idea what their depth chart looks like, but that surprised me.

Backup QB is a RS Freshman who didn't start playing QB full time until his senior year of HS.  Gus' recruiting is ####, but at least his player development sucks also.  FUTURE'S BRIGHT ON THE PLAINS! :mellow:

Bo Nix was named starter and was a 5 star recruit and is a better QB than Gatewood.  His dad was the starter in 94 & 95, plus I know Bo's parents, so excited for them.

#### GUS THOUGH, S.

Edited by Fat Drunk and Stupid
  • Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Backup QB is a RS Freshman who didn't start playing QB full time until his senior year of HS.  Gus' recruiting is ####, but at least his player development sucks also.  FUTURE'S BRIGHT ON THE PLAINS! :mellow:

Bo Nix was named starter and was a 5 star recruit and is a better QB than Gatewood.  His dad was the starter in 94 & 95, plus I know Bo's parents, so excited for them.

#### GUS THOUGH, S.

Omg I thought I knew that name. Christ I’m getting old. 

1 hour ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

I'm dropping sick Auburn info in here people.*

*When does basketball season start?

I guess when I go to Annapolis to see Davidson drop the hammer on the tigers

1 hour ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

#### GUS THOUGH, S.

This should be a fun ride!!! or not.

At some point Gus needs a foot up his butt for wasting teaching opportunities in the 4 game redshirt window for Gatewood last season to prepare him - against the cupcakes he never gave Gatewood much time and never let him throw. Only reason I wanted to stick around for those games and it never materialized. 

At least Nix looked good in the HS games I saw - but his style didn't fit the traditional Cam/Nick QB game IMO. It was closer to Stidham and that style always broke down in the red zone with the old regime's play calling.

We've had success with Bo's in the past however.

Also, Auburn's pre-game eagle flight is cooler than Toomer's, but Toomer's  is better known.

Agree 1000% - always get into the stadium early at Jordan-Hare - it's a never miss in my book.

WDE!

Edited by ffldrew

53 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I guess when I go to Annapolis to see Davidson drop the hammer on the tigers

It's going to be great when we fight.

46 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

This should be a fun ride!!! or not.

At some point Gus needs a foot up his butt for wasting teaching opportunities in the 4 game redshirt window for Gatewood last season to prepare him - against the cupcakes he never gave Gatewood much time and never let him throw. Only reason I wanted to stick around for those games and it never materialized. 

At least Nix looked good in the HS games I saw - but his style didn't fit the traditional Cam/Nick QB game IMO. It was closer to Stidham and that style always broke down in the red zone with the old regime's play calling.

We've had success with Bo's in the past however.

Agree 1000% - always get into the stadium early at Jordan-Hare - it's a never miss in my book.

WDE!

12 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

It's going to be great when we fight.

How did Auburn end up with no upperclassman QBs?

The only thing people in Alabama should be fighting is Type 1 Diabetes 

You sure that's what you want to go with?

7 minutes ago, Tecumseh said:

You sure that's what you want to go with?

Well Type II, anyway.

• Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yes?

eta: if this is a thing about Florida, I can assure you I hate this stupid state every bit as much 

Type 1 is hereditary, and hits kids. Type 2 is acquired due to lifestyle choices(usually).

Just now, Tecumseh said:

Type 1 is hereditary, and hits kids. Type 2 is acquired due to lifestyle choices(usually).

:rolleyes: it was a joke dude. Obviously wasn’t aimed at kids. Come on.

:rolleyes: it was a joke dude. Obviously wasn’t aimed at kids. Come on.

Not saying that. just thought you were mixing up type 1 and type 2.

The UF/MIA game has some pretty good hype in O-town...tickets are expensive and there are serious parties lined up tonight. 

2 hours ago, gump said:

The UF/MIA game has some pretty good hype in O-town...tickets are expensive and there are serious parties lined up tonight. 

We're making a day of it.  Headed down to our spot about 6am....wives will bring the kids later in the day.  Hope I make it to kickoff :lol: 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gump said:

We’ve been talking about going but 800 total for first level seats didn’t make sense. I thought for sure the prices would drop. 

41 minutes ago, Capella said:

GAMEDAY BACK

guess I should start the real thread 

Red X 

• Laughing 2