What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (6 Viewers)

Very true.  I was however at a party until about midnight and walked home instead of driving if that gives you an idea of the condition I was in.  I'm using that as an excuse for falling asleep anyway.  ;)  
Hey, you made it until midnight.  You didn't fall asleep, you went to bed.  Old guys know there's a difference.

I fell asleep too and woke up at  2 AM to pee when I saw the game was still on.  I figured they were in some 7 overtime game.  Was shocked to see it was only halfway through the 4th quarter.

Not for nothing, but do you remember when FBGs were benching 300 lbs, shagging 9s, and making six figure bank?  Now we're falling asleep on a Saturday night and getting up to pee in the middle of the night.  God we've been around a long time.
So it's not just me.... whew!

I go either way on him.  He's very reserved, very milquetoast at times, kinda comes off as a little clueless/oblivious.  UB tends to struggle to make in-game adjustments.

He has followed a similar trajectory to the most recent few coaches.  A couple middling seasons, latch on to a decent QB, make a bowl, QB leaves, rinse repeat.  They seem to be doing a little better in recruiting, but it's been slow.  One bowl game every five years and a MAC title appearance every 10 years isn't going to sustain a program in an NFL city.  Especially with the basketball team having been so successful and seemingly continuing the best-in-the-MAC pace in recruiting.

I'm encouraged with today, this was a nice win over a team who was getting votes in both polls.  But I'd really be impressed with an above-.500 season in the MAC even after losing like 14 starters.
I played against Leipold in high school. He was the hot shot QB for Jefferson high school in Wisconsin. 

Not for nothing, but do you remember when FBGs were benching 300 lbs, shagging 9s, and making six figure bank?  Now we're falling asleep on a Saturday night and getting up to pee in the middle of the night.  God we've been around a long time.
I've gotten so bad my wife makes fun of me for falling asleep on the couch Fridays and Saturdays.

UH QB D'Erick King is going to sit out rest of year and redshirt so he can transfer - so he is quitting? Why doesn't UH just kick him off team?

Looks like OU has their new QB.

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/QB-D-Eriq-King-up-in-air-on-future-14461767.php

Mark Berman

@MarkBermanFox26

Eric King, father of QB D'Eriq King, confirms his son is leaving

@UHCougarFB

& transfer: "It's the best decision for him at this point. Very, very tough (decision). He's got a lot of teammates riding on him. Sometimes you got to be a little self-centered & do what's best for u"

Last edited by a moderator:
UH QB D'Erick King is going to sit out rest of year and redshirt so he can transfer - so he is quitting? Why doesn't UH just kick him off team?

Looks like OU has their new QB.

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/QB-D-Eriq-King-up-in-air-on-future-14461767.php

Mark Berman

@MarkBermanFox26

Eric King, father of QB D'Eriq King, confirms his son is leaving

@UHCougarFB

& transfer: "It's the best decision for him at this point. Very, very tough (decision). He's got a lot of teammates riding on him. Sometimes you got to be a little self-centered & do what's best for u"

He just announced that he is redshirting - but he's staying at Houston. A WR on the team is doing the same thing.

I guess they think they will be better next year?

they all stay healthy so it’s been huge for them. 
Osterine

Bama's kickers and LBs should look into it. Deer antler spray isn't what it used to be. Luckily there are 4 bye weeks before LSU with Texas A&M mixed in.

According to Sportsbetting.ag, here are the odds for who will be the likeliest next head coach of the Seminoles should Florida State part ways with Taggart at some point this season.

Dino Babers, Syracuse Orange (+250)

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Cowboys (+300)

Dave Clawson, Wake Forest Demon Deacons (+400)

Matt Campbell, Iowa State Cyclones (+500)

Urban Meyer, FOX college football analyst (+700)

Josh Heupel, UCF Knights (+800)

Scott Frost, Nebraska Cornhuskers (+1,200)

According to Sportsbetting.ag, here are the odds for who will be the likeliest next head coach of the Seminoles should Florida State part ways with Taggart at some point this season.

Dino Babers, Syracuse Orange (+250)

Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State Cowboys (+300)

Dave Clawson, Wake Forest Demon Deacons (+400)

Matt Campbell, Iowa State Cyclones (+500)

Urban Meyer, FOX college football analyst (+700)

Josh Heupel, UCF Knights (+800)

Scott Frost, Nebraska Cornhuskers (+1,200)
Out of those I like Matt Campbell. Wouldn't mind having him @ Carolina. 

Safe to say fsu twitter didn’t take to that list well. I like Campbell and Babers well enough though. 
Babers would win at FSU.  Don't know much about Campbell other than he's doing as well as you can expect at Iowa State.  Frost leaving Nebraska would surprise me.  FSU isn't hiring Gundy, Clawson, or even Heupel they can easily do better than that.

Babers would win at FSU.  Don't know much about Campbell other than he's doing as well as you can expect at Iowa State.  Frost leaving Nebraska would surprise me.  FSU isn't hiring Gundy, Clawson, or even Heupel they can easily do better than that.
Yea I think Babers would be a big hire. I don’t think Willie gets canned this year though unless they go 5-7. If they beat NCSU this weekend it’s pretty hard to imagine them not making a bowl game. 

Yea I think Babers would be a big hire. I don’t think Willie gets canned this year though unless they go 5-7. If they beat NCSU this weekend it’s pretty hard to imagine them not making a bowl game. 
According to an insider, there is big Admin/AD change coming in 2 years...and ideally Willie can make it that long so it's a clean sweep.

Referee shot in the head by a cannon.

You throw out the record books when Maine Maritime Academy and Massachusetts Maritime Academy hook 'em up.

The referee was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office will investigate the matter, and the school said in a statement that it would no longer allow random alumni to bring cannons to home football games, which seems reasonable.

Fast start to Navy/Memphis. Hopefully they keep it up. I could use a 52-49 game right now. Screw defense!

Bucks by 30.  (Unload your account on Corn +17.5)
Nebraska had some good skill position players, but the OL isn't very good and they cough up the ball a lot.

The defense can't get pressure with 4 or sometimes 6. Fields could probably sit and wait all day if he wants.

Oh, and unless they found someone from the soccer team in the last week, the kicker is a backup walkon safety.  XPs have been a challenge. 

Anyone ever gone to an Army home game?  I am going to be in NYC for a few days end of October for a business thing and thought that might be a fun side trip if it was a great experience.  Wish OSU was at Rutgers, or any other good B1G school, but they are playing Liberty?

Anyone ever gone to an Army home game?  I am going to be in NYC for a few days end of October for a business thing and thought that might be a fun side trip if it was a great experience.  Wish OSU was at Rutgers, or any other good B1G school, but they are playing Liberty?
Curious about this, too. I'm considering going next year for the OU game. Let us know if you go.

Curious about this, too. I'm considering going next year for the OU game. Let us know if you go.
Will do, still waiting to hear from anyone that has gone.  I know the Army Navy game is ridiculous.  Figured I might give it a try.

Mad Cow said:
I've always wanted to check it out, but never have.  It's a cool looking stadium, overlooking the water.

I’ll be pretty much stuck on the couch all day today.

Gimme your list of  “must watch” games for today. 

Users who are viewing this thread