What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (3 Viewers)

@MBakerTBTimes: Man, that #FSU ending sums up the Willie Taggart era pretty well, doesn't it? Indecision surrounding a questionable decision, leading to another questionable decision, followed by failed execution and sloppiness as the clock runs out

A respect and hatred between Schools that’s built on legends like Neyland and Wade and Bryant (who played with a broken leg because he hated UT so much), and that just got more intense thru my generation with huge games and PF snitching to the NCAA.  Similar huge fan bases. A bad decade doesn’t change much.

UT ran to the outside twice and were getting yards - why did they got straight into the D line

Pruitt just a hot mess now

A respect and hatred between Schools that’s built on legends like Neyland and Wade and Bryant (who played with a broken leg because he hated UT so much), and that just got more intense thru my generation with huge games and PF snitching to the NCAA.  Similar huge fan bases. A bad decade doesn’t change much.
13 in a row with no end in sight is no longer a rivalry, no matter what happened before segregation. I mean it doesn’t really matter what you call it but lighting up cigars like they won the pennant after beating that terrible program seems odd. 

13 in a row with no end in sight is no longer a rivalry, no matter what happened before segregation. I mean it doesn’t really matter what you call it but lighting up cigars like they won the pennant after beating that terrible program seems odd. 
Authentic rivalry based on a rich and unique history together. UT still has a massive fan base, stadium, campus...Saban will eventually retire...Programs will flux and everyone expects UT to be back. We’ll enjoy this the way we have for decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Authentic rivalry based on a rich and unique history together. UT still has a massive fan base, stadium, campus...Saban will eventually retire...Programs will flux and everyone expects UT to be back. We’ll enjoy this the way we have for decades.
Ok to the first part and of course Saban but I don’t know one person/analyst who expects UT to be back. Too far gone. 

Mack Brown iced his own kicker in the third OT to talk to him about being able to get a date if he makes it.  :lmao:  

Boise St in the Las Vegas Bowl after the players screamed to make him their coach.  Arizona last year.  Often show up very small.  Not today.
Vegas bowl sucked but that is not on Cristobal as he didn't have much time to prepare.  2-0 against Washington is good enough for me.  He is a great recruiter and great guy who just needs to work on game management.  Program is going in right direction.  Pretty much locked up the north today.

Mike Houck @mhouckOU

@OU_Football opponents have run 7 more plays than the #Sooners this season (456-449). OU has outgained them by 2,006 yards.
If I am jerry jones I do whatever it takes to get Riley in Dallas.  Give him whatever he wants and see if he can figure out an NFL offense.  I have never seen anything like he has built at OU.  Its incredible

@joelklatt

My CFB Top 10

Wk8

1)@OhioStateFB

2)@LSUfootball

3)@AlabamaFTBL

4)@OU_Football

5)@PennStateFball

6)@ClemsonFB

7)@GatorsFB

8)@GeorgiaFootball

9)@NDFootball

10)@Utah_Football

Tua out for awhile with surgery on his ankle.  Same surgery he had last year on his other ankle.   Maybe be back by the LSU game?   No way he can be 100%. 

Mandel's overrated/underrated preseason top 25 coaches poll

Overrated

No. 7 Michigan. I don’t know what else to say at this point. The Wolverines weren’t competitive against the three Top 10 teams they faced last season, losing to Ohio State and Florida by a combined score of 103-54. Jim Harbaugh is 1-9 against Top 10 teams at Michigan. But sure, absolutely, go ahead and rank the Wolverines seventh in the country. What could go wrong?

Underrated

No. 14 Penn State. If my hunches about Ohio State and Michigan prove correct, then someone else in the Big Ten East will have to rise up. Everyone seems to be sleeping on the Nittany Lions after last year’s wholly expected 9-4 rebuilding season. But James Franklin’s defense, led by stars Micah Parsons and Yetur Gross-Matos, has the potential to rank among the very best in the country.
:coffee:  

Harbaugh attempted a 58 yard FG? :lmao:
Probably not a great call but it is well within Michigan`s kicker Jake Moody`s range.   Last year we were at a game and in warmups Moody was hitting the the net from 60 out.  Kid has a cannon leg.

You could pretend you're still in your 20's and go to McGuire's Seville Quarter every night.
What makes you think this isn't already happening?

Honestly, I think I was there last for my friend's 40th. I got lost at some point in the night, per usual, and while waiting on my friends on the corner of some random street, young kids kept stopping to see if I was lost and needed help. 

Tua out for awhile with surgery on his ankle.  Same surgery he had last year on his other ankle.   Maybe be back by the LSU game?   No way he can be 100%. 
This guy is worried about it setting a precedent. According to what I read, he won't be 100%, but something like 80-90%. After seeing Mac Jones in legitimate action, I'll take 60% Tua. I'm sure it'll be taped up enough to be able to hit him with a baseball bat in the ankle and not feel a thing.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/pro-football-doc/story/2019-10-20/profootballdoc-tua-tagovailoa-surgery-ankle

Subscription pop up in link, so c&p below:

Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa undergoes surgery despite walking off field after high ankle sprain

Tua Tagovailoa, the University of Alabama quarterback and possible top pick in 2020 NFL draft, injured his right ankle Saturday night against Tennessee.

By video, it appeared to be a right high ankle sprain. Sunday, word came that he had a “successful” tightrope type procedure, which is typically done for high ankle sprains when there is a complete tear in the syndesmotic ligament that holds the two main ankle bones together.

This is similar to the procedure he had last season on the other side.

It is unusual to have surgery like this unless the ankle mortice (joint) is unstable or widened. It is unlikely that this is the case for Tua, as he walked off the field with minimal limp and was later seen sans crutches or boot getting into an ambulance.

I am not being critical of the physician promoting this procedure or doing the surgery, since I have not examined the player. What is unusual, though, is the that Tua was able to walk and still had the surgery.

Saquan Barkley, for example, returned to play this week. When the Giants’ running back suffered his high ankle sprain, he was placed on crutches and wore a protective a boot after the injury. Barkley was unable to walk, yet he returned at four weeks without surgery.

By video, Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan suffered a high ankle sprain and limped quite noticeably and was put in a boot postgame, but the “team does not believe it to be serious” and there is no consideration for surgery, according to Adam Schefter.

There was plenty of publicity about Tua playing in the National Championship game after a left high ankle sprain last year, and he also underwent the same procedure which was heralded as a success. He injured the ankle in the SEC Championship game but was able to return for National Championship game five weeks later. It was reported that he suffered the left high ankle sprain in the first quarter of the SEC Champ game and continued to play until he suffered an inversion right ankle sprain.

ADVERTISEMENT

How bad can the high ankle sprain be if he played over three quarters of football with it before exiting? It is categorically impossible to play high-level football if the syndesmosis is completely torn.

The procedure done last year and this year may have been done for insurance against future injury OR aggravation. There are doctors like Tua’s surgeon who are promoting this idea and, indeed, they may prove to be ahead of the curve.

Once again, to be clear, I am not being critical of the procedure. I am merely pointing out that this not the current norm in orthopedics, let alone with a high-level athlete. It certainly is not the norm in the NFL today

Tua out for awhile with surgery on his ankle.  Same surgery he had last year on his other ankle.   
Bummer.  Have tickets to see Alabama host Arkansas on Saturday.  Not sure the final result is in doubt, but Tua's Heisman hopes may be done.

Best guess - how many future NFL 1st rounds picks does the Tide currently have on the roster?

Users who are viewing this thread