What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (6 Viewers)

Say LSU OSU and Clem all win out.  OU wins Big12 and Utah Pac12.  Does a one loss Bama get in when they don't win their division over a one loss conference champ?  Can Utah get in? 
I think I’d put them all close to equal odds. You can’t compare the quality of the Pac to the Sec so the division to division thing doesn’t carry a lot of weight. If SOS is equal and Bama beat Auburn and Oregon lost how do you pick them? 

Last edited by a moderator:
People say Bama catches a break whoopin Tennessee every year as their SEC rival opponent but it wouldn’t hurt them to have Georgia or Florida on the docket more often either. 

About a month ago, a lot of Saints fans were hoping Burrow could be drafted to take over for Drew Brees. Not in play anymore without a Herschel-Walker-meets-Mike-Ditka trade :(  
Mike Lynn - Hershel Walker

Mike Ditka - Ricky Williams

Sooners defense is so trash atm.    I didn't realize Alex Grinch's "Speed D" meant that the other team scores fast.  

Gopher State said:
Or Minnesota beat a penn State team that is all smoke and mirrors 
They beat a PSU that had a bad day. That was the worst they played all year and still had a chance to win at the end.

Don’t all undefeated teams that lose play the worst they played all year?
PSU's QB, Clifford, looked like he was hung over or something. He was missing passes high, low and wide all first half. If he played even a little bit better, they score at least 10 more points. He had TD throws on 3 separate drives to wide open receivers that he has made all year but yesterday threw uncatchable balls or INTs.

Seems like we have:

• OSU/PSU/Minn - win out and you’re in
  • Clemson is in if they win out
  • LSU/UGA - win out and you’re in
  • Baylor win out and in???  I could see a 1-loss LSU going ahead of them though.
Seems like the #4 seed will be chaos this season but a long way to go.

bigmarc27 said:
In The Zone said:
Who knows but if they let Ray Tanner make the hire it will probably be Willie Taggert and sadly that would be an upgrade.

Oh, and from what I'm hearing the buyout won't be an issue.
I just gotta think that if you’re cutting a check that large, you probably need a big name ready to sign on the line. 
Four years of Muschamp as coach is more than enough, but the AD has to go first.  This buyout is insane and you're right; they are not going to pay it without a big candidate.  

Deion does have a son on the team :lol:  

Meaning you think they could lose to PSU and get in?  I’ll wait for you to answer but my immediate reaction would be I think the SEC gets 2 teams before the B10.
I guess if UGA wins out and LSU just has their one loss to them? Yea OSU could get squeezed there if Psu wins out. 

I guess if UGA wins out and LSU just has their one loss to them? Yea OSU could get squeezed there if Psu wins out. 
Yep, that’s what I’m thinking and the comment about them needing help.

FWIW, I think the four best teams are LSU, OSU, Bama and Clemson/UGA

Some questionable play calling led to Wyoming’s loss at Boise State last night. I was shocked they took them to OT.

bigmarc27 said:
Who could they get?  Not trying to be rival guy, but they’ll be picking after FSU and I believe his buyout is like $20m. 
Well if precedent holds their choices are between Zook and McElwain.

If PSU beats OSU and then wins the B1G, that really hurts OSU. 
This happened to OSU in 2015.

Michigan State lost to Nebraska, but beat Ohio State on a last second FG. Went to the B1G Championship game, won it, and went to the playoff (only to be trounced 38-0 by Alabama). That was the only loss OSU had that year, and were left out of the playoff as a result.

PSU losing to Minnesota is no different than MSU losing to Nebraska. It's completely meaningless. Whereas OSU losing to MSU/PSU means everything. 

Users who are viewing this thread