What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (6 Viewers)

@ChrisVannini: UCF fans won't like hearing this, but for all their complaints about 2-for-1s, USF has Alabama, Florida and Miami coming to town in the future. 

Yes, it's a little different w/ USF playing in an NFL stadium (many road team fans), but this is how you get those opportunities.

Best part is this tweet was met by derision or "only if our game is on campus:"by UCF fans. 

Delusional. 

@ChrisVannini: Honestly curious from UCF fans here, if Alabama offered a 2-for-1 with the Citrus Bowl, would you take it? Poll:

No doubt. Really it's more about trying to prove relative worth of program when the next round of conference alignment or playoff expansion happens.

For USF at least, moral victories would be in play.
Definitely no down side here. I love the fact they’re aiming high. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Art Briles has been hired by a North Texas high school.

They tried to news dump the announcement 2 hours before graduation ceremony at dinner time before holiday weekend. 

@MicahFleet: Full release from @MtVernonISD about hiring former Baylor football coach Art Briles as their head football coach https://twitter.com/MicahFleet/status/1132068216505806850/photo/1

That is completely insane. If my kid went to that school, I'd be really pissed.

I’ve heard the UCF attitude is consistent thru much of the Ath Dept...now it’s hurting momentum vs their biggest rival (not UF).

gump said:
I’ve heard the UCF attitude is consistent thru much of the Ath Dept...now it’s hurting momentum vs their biggest rival (not UF).
I'm a USF fan in this beef. 

@Brett_McMurphy: This fall marks 1st time every SEC coach returns from previous season since 2006. SEC coaches back in 2006:

Rich Brooks, Sylvester Croom, Phil Fulmer, Bobby Johnson, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Ed Orgeron, Mark Richt, Mike Shula, Steve Spurrier, Tommy Tuberville

@Brett_McMurphy: This fall marks 1st time every SEC coach returns from previous season since 2006. SEC coaches back in 2006:

Rich Brooks, Sylvester Croom, Phil Fulmer, Bobby Johnson, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Ed Orgeron, Mark Richt, Mike Shula, Steve Spurrier, Tommy Tuberville
Who had Ed Orgeron as last man standing in conference?

General Malaise said:
I will say the ability to purchase beer in Autzen is an awesome addition.  Used to have run into the indoor practice center and had to finish them inside there before dashing back to your seats.   Now, they treat us like grown-ups and it's quite nice!
I sit at the very top section of Tiger Stadium.  They sell beer and wine and give you free food.  It's a fairly new development and I go to more games now because of it.  They have been expanding alcohol sales ever since, and I think it's just a matter of time before they just sell it everywhere.   If they want people to come and stay, let them get drunk.

I sit at the very top section of Tiger Stadium.  They sell beer and wine and give you free food.  It's a fairly new development and I go to more games now because of it.  They have been expanding alcohol sales ever since, and I think it's just a matter of time before they just sell it everywhere.   If they want people to come and stay, let them get drunk.
Buddy and I were talking about the top college stadiums we'd like to visit before we're ashes.  I put Tiger Stadium at the top of my list.  Biggest regret of my life was not going to a game there when I was in Jackson.  Plenty of fraternity brothers with LSU ties.  Big miss on my part.  

Have gone to a Saints/Cowboys game though.  That was awesome!  

General Malaise said:
Buddy and I were talking about the top college stadiums we'd like to visit before we're ashes.  I put Tiger Stadium at the top of my list.  Biggest regret of my life was not going to a game there when I was in Jackson.  Plenty of fraternity brothers with LSU ties.  Big miss on my part.  

Let me know when you're coming, I'll make sure y'all get fed and drunk.

If I'm going to an SEC game, it's either LSU or Alabama.

I think Georgia would be fun too.  And Auburn.  Always wonder what my life would have been like if I went to Auburn.  I thought about it long and hard, but when I visited, I didn't love it.  
Georgia is great, Tennessee is great even Florida is great. Doubt you could find one that sucked. 

Think I enjoyed Tennessee the most. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Georgia is great, Tennessee is great even Florida is great. Doubt you could find one that sucked. 

Think I enjoyed Tennessee the most. 
Were you tailgating/partying by the river? That would probably make the experience for me. Hearing endless repetition of Rocky Top probably wouldn't. :loco:

Users who are viewing this thread