What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (4 Viewers)

@MattZemek: The ESPN officiating consultant agreed with the call, a reminder about how bad the officiating system/brotherhood/culture truly is.

We only get some rambling old guy and the one ####ty camera angle of the offensive PI call that changes the whole game?

Last edited by a moderator:
@BannerSociety: Three big bowls so far today. Auburn lost one and beat the teams that won the two others. The masters of elbowing their way into every story

@RadiNabulsi: Players out (or very limited) for #UGA tonight:

- Top 2 running backs
- 3 o-line starters
- One All-American safety
- One All-Conference defensive lineman
- 2 of its top 4 receivers
- Its starting punt returner
- Its top kick returner

But other than that everything's fine.
Their best QB is sitting out somewhere in Ohio. 

Did Herbert look like a top 10 draft pick? He and Tua will get a close look by the Dolphins at #5.
No.  And I'm a Ducks homer.  But he has some Josh Allen/Drew Lock in him.  Very gifted but pretty uneven in college.

And I will be SHOCKED if Tua is not in Miami with the 5th pick in April.

No.  And I'm a Ducks homer.  But he has some Josh Allen/Drew Lock in him.  Very gifted but pretty uneven in college.

And I will be SHOCKED if Tua is not in Miami with the 5th pick in April.
Thanks. I think you're right about Tua ending up in Miami, unless a team like the Chargers or Colts tries to leapfrog Miami. 

Thanks. I think you're right about Tua ending up in Miami, unless a team like the Chargers or Colts tries to leapfrog Miami. 
Herbert should probably not go top 10, but grace should be given for having a bottom 10% in CFB OC for his last 2 years.  He's been uneven, but also not had the coaching he should have.  UNLV is DOOMED.

If a big NYD bowl game has 25k people in the stands does the bowl still pay out the full amount?  I mean Baylor's entire living alumni base can't fill their current stadium, not sure what they really expect them to do here. NOLA isn't exactly a baptist playground either.

If a big NYD bowl game has 25k people in the stands does the bowl still pay out the full amount?  I mean Baylor's entire living alumni base can't fill their current stadium, not sure what they really expect them to do here. NOLA isn't exactly a baptist playground either.
Baylor fans in New Orleans was the only reason I was interested in this game. 

I miss NYD being a great day for college football. The two semifinal games need to be mainstays on NYD. 

We’ve gotten one good non-NYD game (Clemson/OSU) and one good NYD game (Oregon/Wisc). These games being both after the semifinals and lackluster only doubles down on the lack of excitement. 

I miss NYD being a great day for college football. The two semifinal games need to be mainstays on NYD. 

We’ve gotten one good non-NYD game (Clemson/OSU) and one good NYD game (Oregon/Wisc). These games being both after the semifinals and lackluster only doubles down on the lack of excitement. 
It made no sense not to have them be the games today if they couldn't get the superdome till like February or whenever the champ game is 

So I was wondering today - will Michigan ever be national title relevant again? It’s been 22 years since they’ve really competed for a title — that’s a massive amount of time. Sure they’ve putzed around and won some Rose and Orange Bowls and hover around the top-15 but can they suddenly find a way to be in a national title game? I have a hard time seeing it. 

So I was wondering today - will Michigan ever be national title relevant again? It’s been 22 years since they’ve really competed for a title — that’s a massive amount of time. Sure they’ve putzed around and won some Rose and Orange Bowls and hover around the top-15 but can they suddenly find a way to be in a national title game? I have a hard time seeing it. 
There are like 5-10 teams in that situation now.

There are like 5-10 teams in that situation now.
That used to compete for titles and have been out of it 2 decades? Nebraska, Tennessee...Texas? 2006 is getting pretty far away. Who else? Been a while for USC I guess. 

The difference is it feels like Michigan man goes into each season expecting these things. Maybe I just know too many Michigan fans. 

People ignore the impact of the RR era. IMO. Not only did he recruit kids who would never be successful in the big ten,  when he's left they had under 40 kids on scholarship after transfers. Then Brandon hired Hoke. They still aren't back to "next man up" status. Couple that with Harbaugh's philosophy of playing experience at QB and what you saw today is what you get. 

They've had high ranked recruiting classes because they've had 500 kids in each class. Id be lying if i said development wasn't an issue though. It's my biggest concern followed by willingness to coach to talent rather than philosophy. 

That used to compete for titles and have been out of it 2 decades? Nebraska, Tennessee...Texas? 2006 is getting pretty far away. Who else? Been a while for USC I guess. 

The difference is it feels like Michigan man goes into each season expecting these things. Maybe I just know too many Michigan fans. 
Penn State, Florida  Forgot they won a BCS like just 10 years ago, Notre Dame , Miami

Miami

Users who are viewing this thread