What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (8 Viewers)

Etienne coming back because every college football running back has lost their mind apparently. 
Wow.  What is happening?

ETA:  I'm an Ohio State honk, but I was actually very happy to see JK Dobbins declare early.  He's been a workhorse getting tons of carries since his Freshman season and I was getting worried about pro-prospects for him with that much wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, why in the world would Ettiene come back? Absolute insanity. He's got a title and averaged nearly 8 per carry. Nothing to prove at all.

Just lunacy.

Big fan of ETN but he really should go on to the NFL.  Can't believe these RBs wanting to put another year of wear/tear on those legs.  

D'eriq King to Miami.  Meh.
Yeah. I guess an ACC schedule is an improvement over an AAC schedule but Miami OOC is unimpressive.  I guess sitting out a year kept him away from this loaded QB class. The whole way it went down seems strange.

That's a difference of what? 300k?  He would make that up by week 4 coming out this year.  
What?   The difference in pick 10 and pick 20 in the first round is over 6 million bucks.   Pick 20 to pick 32 is another 2.5 million dollars.  Pick 32 to mid 2nd is another 3-4 million dollars.

I still think it's dumb he's coming back.  Any RB with talent should leave as soon as they can.   The $20M figure is overstated but if he goes from 2nd/3rd round to mid-first then it's significant.

What?   The difference in pick 10 and pick 20 in the first round is over 6 million bucks.   Pick 20 to pick 32 is another 2.5 million dollars.  Pick 32 to mid 2nd is another 3-4 million dollars.

I still think it's dumb he's coming back.  Any RB with talent should leave as soon as they can.   The $20M figure is overstated but if he goes from 2nd/3rd round to mid-first then it's significant.
The corner case where a #25 draft pick jumps to #10 is the one you would wait on.   Once you are outside the 20th pick the scale falls off a ton and opportunity cost picks up.  

In my situation  It seems unrealistic that any rb that was first round talent now would then be higher.   

The corner case where a #25 draft pick jumps to #10 is the one you would wait on.   Once you are outside the 20th pick the scale falls off a ton and opportunity cost picks up.  

In my situation  It seems unrealistic that any rb that was first round talent now would then be higher.   
There was a report earlier that said someone had him as a 3rd rounder.  I find that hard to believe but what do I know?  Like I said, he and any other decent RB should declare and start getting paid ASAP.

There was a report earlier that said someone had him as a 3rd rounder.  I find that hard to believe but what do I know?  Like I said, he and any other decent RB should declare and start getting paid ASAP.
You would think someone is advising him where he would go in the draft.

You would think someone is advising him where he would go in the draft.
Maybe the outlook is somewhat hazy? How accurate are those pre-draft predictions, anyway?

Have their been any recent guys who were advised to come out, but then fell an extra round or two below where they were predicted to go? And maybe now agents can say "Look what happened to THIS guy!"

@AdamSchefter: DE Demon Clowney, the 148th ranked player in the country and cousin of Seahawks’ DE Jadeveon Clowney, has committed to Ole Miss. He’s Lane Kiffin’s highest profile recruit yet at Ole Miss.

Maybe the outlook is somewhat hazy? How accurate are those pre-draft predictions, anyway?

Have their been any recent guys who were advised to come out, but then fell an extra round or two below where they were predicted to go? And maybe now agents can say "Look what happened to THIS guy!"
I've always understood - and this could be wrong - that there are NFL scouts who advise potential players on where they may end up.  I'm not talking about the Kipers and McShays of the world; I mean actual NFL scouts.  I would think it would be in everyone's best interest to have the players best interests at heart, but you never know. :shrug:

@AdamSchefter: DE Demon Clowney, the 148th ranked player in the country and cousin of Seahawks’ DE Jadeveon Clowney, has committed to Ole Miss. He’s Lane Kiffin’s highest profile recruit yet at Ole Miss.
Shouldn't he commit to Arizona State or Duke instead?

Got to hear Oregon AD Rob Mullens speak and do q&a at a work event today.  He was also the Chair of the CFB selection committee the last 4 years.  Really interesting perspective on the Playoff (sounds like he expects an expansion to 8 after this tv contract...more the tone of how he spoke than the words he actually said) and paying college athletes (does not favor pay to play but DOES favor athletes leveraging their likenesses and names to make money outside of the school, with oversight to stop abuses that could be likely).  He also broke the news that Moorhead as Oregon OC became official just before he came to speak.   As a Duck fan, I was impressed and encouraged by his humility and how down to earth he seemed.  Cool experience.

I'm going to assume you're not being a sarcastic troll and say thanks.
Trying not to ‘look at me’ but I’ve been in meetings with him (where he’s by far the most important person there) and he’s as you described exactly.

Understood, but I thought it would interest because it’s an innovative deal beyond the school-footwear brand version...and shows that the ND brand is still a big deal.

Understood, but I thought it would interest because it’s an innovative deal beyond the school-footwear brand version...and shows that the ND brand is still a big deal.
It’s all good - I was just busting on CCC because he’s always #####ing about ND.

I hear you but coming from a 45 year old in the South, Notre Dame is completely irrelevant.  My perception is old white guys and NBC are the only thing keeping them relevant.
From a Licensed Biz standpoint, they are still firmly in the back half of the Top 10.

Interesting. I feel like my fandom wardrobe goes in circles every few years with ND (Champion, Adidas, Under Armour) and seeing fellow fans get soooo bent out of shape over it. 

The most interesting aspect of these apparel deals for the average fan is how much crap can they sell. ND fans speak with their wallets so changes like this can be interesting if timed well or poorly, especially since Kelly is getting close to the Irish holy grail milestones. 

I hear you but coming from a 45 year old in the South, Notre Dame is completely irrelevant.  My perception is old white guys and NBC are the only thing keeping them relevant.
I’m a little  younger than you and also in the south but I’d note to not under appreciate the catholic school pipelines and, since the late 70s, the inclusion of women. 

Most of the vitriol from folks like myself to the administration is the lack of management of the cash cow (football) to try to make everything else relevant. ND has won in every generation except of late so there is definite anxiety toward the lack of stewardship like was there in the past. 

The most interesting aspect of these apparel deals for the average fan is how much crap can they sell. ND fans speak with their wallets so changes like this can be interesting if timed well or poorly, especially since Kelly is getting close to the Irish holy grail milestones. 
Which is the innovative aspect of this one...tying in Salesforce and focusing on mining the massive amounts of data effectively.

gump said:
Which is the innovative aspect of this one...tying in Salesforce and focusing on mining the massive amounts of data effectively.
Ironically, I work for a company with a marketing component that utilized the exact same platform (Salesforce MC). It’ll be interesting to see how their machine learning models group me since I’m sure to start getting targeted haha. 

Users who are viewing this thread