What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (1 Viewer)

@Joe Bryant

look, I get it, we all want a more tolerant and kind world and we want this board’s interactions to reflect that.  But trash talk is inherent to college football and genuinely all in good fun.  I know that we went through this once before with titles in this thread and, in your great and unmatched wisdom, you determined that some provocative titles were ok.  And I think that all of the posters in this thread are onboard with the basic tenets of rivalry and #### talking.  So I ask that there be a little leeway here. 

I would be happy to be the personal moderator of this thread and monitor when anything gets truly out of line.  I am expert.
I post once every 10 pages or so but I second this emotion

Smokey is the best thing to come out of Michigan since.....Oops, sorry is that allowed?

@Joe Bryant

look, I get it, we all want a more tolerant and kind world and we want this board’s interactions to reflect that.  But trash talk is inherent to college football and genuinely all in good fun.  I know that we went through this once before with titles in this thread and, in your great and unmatched wisdom, you determined that some provocative titles were ok.  And I think that all of the posters in this thread are onboard with the basic tenets of rivalry and #### talking.  So I ask that there be a little leeway here. 

I would be happy to be the personal moderator of this thread and monitor when anything gets truly out of line.  I am expert.
:lmao:  Sorry but no. 

Tom Servo said:
Rainouts in soccer?  No wonder America's kids are SAWFT.
In our local league its less about kid safety and more about preservation of the fields. They don't want their grass ruined for the rest of the year.

Not to sound like Bill Simmons but are we sure Clemson is good? It’s not 2018 anymore, seems like they are getting their rep based off that team. 
Good but certainly not great.  I have no idea what has happened to their offense.  I expected the D to be a little worse without all those DL but that side of the ball is playing great.

They have an unhealthy obsession with college football due to there being nothing else of substance in their state and also due to the fact that the state has the worst public education system this side of Mississippi. 

Also they are backwards hicks cc: @jplvr

Also, I’m a Floridian now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
SC was getting all the calls first half. Gators getting the calls and non calls 4th quarter

This crew has not been good. 

And the incompletion was a drop. Doesn't change the fact he's not very accurate. He had a lot of guys running wide open thru the WVU secondary.
Glad he's doing well, but he's not going to be an NFL QB. I still say if Tebow wanted to switch to some sort of H-back role, running wildcat from time to time, he would have made the HOF eventually. Jalen could do something similar. Never expected Tebow to do it because he wanted to be QB or nothing, but Hurts comes from a H.S. football background, and I could see him doing something like that as he was already lining up for Bama last year in similar spots... can't remember if he actually caught a pass, but he'd line up with Tua at QB for strange sets, at least.

First couple of games, I thought he had improved drastically, but after 7? now, I think he's just slightly improved with a better system for him.

I kid you not, through 38 minutes, Buffalo/Akron may be the single worst football game I have ever seen.

Akron is as bad as advertised.  Their offense is totally inept.  UB has lost a fumble.  Akron has fumbled a punt return.  Each team has missed 2 makeable FGs by a mile, not even close, for a combined 0/4 kicking.  There's like 1000 people in the crowd, tops.  Just one of the worst college football games you will ever see.  Two ####ty teams slapfighting each other.  Buffalo leads 7-0 in the mid-3rd.

I kid you not, through 38 minutes, Buffalo/Akron may be the single worst football game I have ever seen.

Akron is as bad as advertised.  Their offense is totally inept.  UB has lost a fumble.  Akron has fumbled a punt return.  Each team has missed 2 makeable FGs by a mile, not even close, for a combined 0/4 kicking.  There's like 1000 people in the crowd, tops.  Just one of the worst college football games you will ever see.  Two ####ty teams slapfighting each other.  Buffalo leads 7-0 in the mid-3rd.
You at the game?

You at the game?
No, thank god.  Watching on ESPN3.  Akron is one of the few MAC stadiums I've never been to, actually.

I've seen a lot of bad football over the years.  A lot of lopsided defeats when UB was the worst team in FBS.  This isn't the worst I've seen UB play, but this may be overall the most excruciating games I've ever watched.  They said Akron is the worst team in FBS.  They certainly look like it to me.

As I type this, Khalil Mack's little brother picks up a scoop-n-score fumble-six to put UB up 14-0.  Based on what I've seen from Akron's offense, this game should be over.

First couple of games, I thought he had improved drastically, but after 7? now, I think he's just slightly improved with a better system for him.
Riley has designed a beautiful system for him. If a pass play breaks down, there is almost always a zone that has been completely vacated by the WRs that allows him to pick up huge chunks of yards.

Users who are viewing this thread