What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (5 Viewers)

How are these college kickers so much better at onside kicks than NFL guys? Or am I imagining it?
They're allowed to put the ball on the side of the tee and give a longer run up to it. NFL has to be on the tee and can't run more than 5 feet I think.

Also NFL doesn't allow the recovering players a run up. Have to start flat footed after the ball is kicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean the last one on LSU ... kind of a weak call. A “yeah, maybe, but why not the 10 that were much worse?”

Still, we appreciated the free 40 seconds.
Exactly - SEC officiating is disgusting. But hey they are great at calling taunting or unsportsmanlike conduct crap

ND had a bye and looks like they didn’t practice a single phase of the game. ST have been awful and made a horrible mental error early. Offensive gameplan again doesn’t account for weather. Defense can’t tackle. Coaching has been awful. 

Just like against Georgia, ND's lack of speed on the outside allows teams to just load up the box and Nd doesn't have the hogs this year to just run over people.  

Just like against Georgia, ND's lack of speed on the outside allows teams to just load up the box and Nd doesn't have the hogs this year to just run over people.  
They’re oddly afraid to throw outside because of the conditions but continue to run there. They’re literally playing right into what the defense wants them to do. It’s maddening how dumb the game plan has been thus far. 

They’re oddly afraid to throw outside because of the conditions but continue to run there. They’re literally playing right into what the defense wants them to do. It’s maddening how dumb the game plan has been thus far. 
two things really stand out to me.   book looking really shaky.  he's pulling a sam darnold out there.   second, the dline line must dominant for this d to be successful and they are being dominated. 

Every ND QB under Kelly at ND has regressed significantly starting in their second year. Guess it’s Book’s time. I’d say put in Jurkovec but I don’t want him to regress. 

Every ND QB under Kelly at ND has regressed significantly starting in their second year. Guess it’s Book’s time. I’d say put in Jurkovec but I don’t want him to regress. 
Good observation.  Some of that probably has to do with the qbs not really being that great to begin with and defenses eventually figuring them out.  

Wow even the refs suck. ND looks awful and the first first down in forever is a gift from a blind official. 

Users who are viewing this thread