What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (3 Viewers)

Uncharacteristic Bama so far. Unforced errors, dumb penalties, bad play calling. Weird. 
I thought Alabama looked disorganized and sloppy at times in the CFP last year.  I guess that could happen when you lose your best coordinators almost every year.  Usually they are good enough to out-athlete almost everyone.

I like Tua, he's a fine player and certainly the best QB Alabama has on their roster.  But I don't see "it" from an NFL perspective.  He's often banged up, has problems with both ankles, and multiple times in his career - including today thus far - has totally fallen apart in big games.  This time, they don't have Hurts to bail them out like the SEC title game from last year.

It's tough to gauge how good he is vs. how good Alabama is.  They've got 4- and 5-stars across the board, including 3 receivers who will probably be first or second day picks in the 2020 NFL Draft.  Sure, he's got an NFL arm, but so do 30 other CFB starting QBs.  He's got a future in the NFL, but I just don't see it for the #1 overall "Tank for Tua" pick.

I like Tua, he's a fine player and certainly the best QB Alabama has on their roster.  But I don't see "it" from an NFL perspective.  He's often banged up, has problems with both ankles, and multiple times in his career - including today thus far - has totally fallen apart in big games.  This time, they don't have Hurts to bail them out like the SEC title game from last year.

It's tough to gauge how good he is vs. how good Alabama is.  They've got 4- and 5-stars across the board, including 3 receivers who will probably be first or second day picks in the 2020 NFL Draft.  Sure, he's got an NFL arm, but so do 30 other CFB starting QBs.  He's got a future in the NFL, but I just don't see it for the #1 overall "Tank for Tua" pick.
I started the tua thread a few weeks ago in the shark pool and asked the very same question.  He could be good but doesn’t scream tankworthy to me.

Most mocks the last week or two have had Burrow going ahead of him.

I mostly like what I see though.  As a Dolphins' fan I'm kind of happy we might still be able to get him without having the #1 pick now.  The injuries are the main concern to me.

Tua is banged up and getting hit on every play on top of it today.  He's been fine when he's had time but all the 5 star WRs in the world don't help if they don't have time to run a route.

ETA: And back to back drops by those stud WRs to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most mocks the last week or two have had Burrow going ahead of him.

I mostly like what I see though.  As a Dolphins' fan I'm kind of happy we might still be able to get him without having the #1 pick now.  The injuries are the main concern to me.

Tua is banged up and getting hit on every play on top of it today.  He's been fine when he's had time but all the 5 star WRs in the world don't help if they don't have time to run a route.

ETA: And back to back drops by those stud WRs to boot.
I love the compact release, and he's clearly got some toughness, but I really want to see him show up and win a real slugfest.  He won't have the benefit of a carry-you-to-victory defense in the NFL and WRs with massive cushions.  Teams play so far off the Alabama WRs because they're so concerned about getting beat deep (and rightfully so).  Maybe they can come back today.

That TD throw right there is a very nice throw.

I like Tua, he's a fine player and certainly the best QB Alabama has on their roster.  But I don't see "it" from an NFL perspective.  He's often banged up, has problems with both ankles, and multiple times in his career - including today thus far - has totally fallen apart in big games.  
Tua falls apart in the big games is not a take I was prepared for. Forgetting the 2018 national title game I take it? 

Well, I guess I'm gonna need to get another beer.   Someone left some pretty meh local blonde ale, or I have some Two Hearted.  Not sure if this is worth an actual good beer.

Tua falls apart in the big games is not a take I was prepared for. Forgetting the 2018 national title game I take it? 
Not at all.  He was superb that half+.  He's fallen apart in last year's title, last year's SEC title game, and now this.  Granted, much of it has to be due to the injuries.  But he's a tough dude, clearly.

I'm not saying he's not good and not gonna make it in the NFL, I just don't see a surefire presumptive #1 overall pick that he was being discussed as earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread