What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (5 Viewers)

Few weeks ago I saw a tweet of a guy who made an offseason bet for Burrow to win the Heisman. It must have been at 100/1 or something. It was a wager on the low side, maybe $100 or so, but he had a huge potential payday and the book was already offering $2K to buy him out. 

I can't imagine what it's up to after that win.

Edit: found the post. $300 at +7500 for a win of $22,500.

Last edited by a moderator:
LSU wants no part of Bama in January.

A win in always nice. Still, can’t see where either team can claim superiority. Scoreboard will have to be enough.
A win that’ll be a chapter of the history of a great program...enjoy man...no way ‘11 happens again!

ILLINOIS IS BOWL ELIGIBLE.

Sparty, no.
Dantonio downright sabotaged his defense at the end of that game tonight. State had it won. Defense was making stop inside the 5. He calls 2 time outs (Illini had none) with seconds to go . Of course 4 and 5 PI call in the end zone. Beautiful play call by Illinois for the TD

Pathetic coaching. Then he proceeds to throw his entire team under the bus in his PC. 

Love what he did for our program but the fame has really passed him by the last 4 years.

Him and his buddies can get an early start on some fishing trips instead of a bowl, deservedly so.

That LSU-Bama game was epic!

Presuming Bama wins out, their case is signature wins against TAMU and Auburn, no SECCG win, and an OOC schedule of Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss, and Western Carolina - all at home. That’s compelling.

Presuming Bama wins out, their case is signature wins against TAMU and Auburn, no SECCG win, and an OOC schedule of Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss, and Western Carolina - all at home. That’s compelling.
It’s not and they’re no lock. I think right now we can reasonably count in LSU, OSU and Clemson - the first two can suffer a loss and there is almost no way Clemson even comes close to one. That leaves: 

One loss OU or undefeated Baylor 

Minnesota if undefeated  

Georgia if they win out 

one loss Oregon or Utah 

———————

I don’t think one loss OU gets in over Bama. Obviously undefeated Baylor and Minnesota would.  

One-loss UGA with a win over LSU would 

One-loss Oregon or Utah...I doubt they beat out Bama. They’d compare the Auburn game straight up for Oregon. 

As of right now I’d bet Bama getting that 4 seed. 

It’s not and they’re no lock. I think right now we can reasonably count in LSU, OSU and Clemson - the first two can avoid a loss and there is almost no way Clemson even comes close to one. That leaves: 

Minnesota if undefeated  

Georgia if they win out 

one loss Oregon or Utah 

———————

I don’t think one loss OU gets in over Bama. Obviously undefeated Baylor and Minnesota would.  

One-loss Oregon or Utah...I doubt they beat out Bama. They’d compare the Auburn game straight up for Oregon. 

It’s not possible for both Minnesota and Ohio St to finish undefeated. 

What will be interesting if you have LSU-UGA in the SECCG and Georgia wins.

Alabama’s best chance is for LSU to win out and look good doing so while they also win out.  

Who could they get?  Not trying to be rival guy, but they’ll be picking after FSU and I believe his buyout is like $20m. 
Who knows but if they let Ray Tanner make the hire it will probably be Willie Taggert and sadly that would be an upgrade.

Oh, and from what I'm hearing the buyout won't be an issue.

Who knows but if they let Ray Tanner make the hire it will probably be Willie Taggert and sadly that would be an upgrade.

Oh, and from what I'm hearing the buyout won't be an issue.
I just gotta think that if you’re cutting a check that large, you probably need a big name ready to sign on the line. 

It’s not and they’re no lock. I think right now we can reasonably count in LSU, OSU and Clemson - the first two can suffer a loss and there is almost no way Clemson even comes close to one. That leaves: 

Minnesota if undefeated  

Georgia if they win out 

one loss Oregon or Utah 

———————

Say LSU OSU and Clem all win out.  OU wins Big12 and Utah Pac12.  Does a one loss Bama get in when they don't win their division over a one loss conference champ?  Can Utah get in? 

Users who are viewing this thread