What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (7 Viewers)

General Malaise said:
Astonishing to me that UCLA can't find a QB.  

Pretty sure that dude was a big time recruit, right? I know that doesn't mean he's going to be good, but he was highly recruited.

I can understand how sustained success can warp your enjoyment of the game.
I make it a point to enjoy every meaningful win with the help of reminding myself of the past struggles.  For example, beating UT 12 straight times could be boring, but I remember vividly losing 9 of 10 in the 90's/00's.  I also try hard not to look ahead to the postseason.

Mind you, I'm not necessarily cracking on you or @[icon] - because I enjoy watching both of you play as a college football fan. As a Penn State fan, I will admit to being a tad jealous.

I can understand how sustained success can warp your enjoyment of the game.
It’s just something I’ve been cognizant of lately.  When I was in school, there was a season we started 8-0 and got up to #4 in the Nation. We subsequently lost 3 of the final 4 games - GT last second TD, FSU blowout where Weinke hit Snoop Minnis for a 99 yard TD, and VT / Vick in his last college game at the gator bowl.  There was something very fun about refreshing espn Sunday morning and checking to see where we’d be in the AP poll. Just being ranked was awesome, cracking the top 10 had everyone buzzing. 

I went to a game last year and all the students were just talking about playoff seeding and thinking ahead to future accomplishments than enjoying the games. It bothered me a bit.

Pretty sure that dude was a big time recruit, right? I know that doesn't mean he's going to be good, but he was highly recruited.
Turned the game on right when he lost the ball as the team was driving.  It wasn't a fumble, it wasn't a botched snap it was like he'd never handled a football before in his life and the first one he grasped was caked with hot lava. Then, that final drive of his.....what.  was.  THAT?  My god.

You know the Badgers are getting out of Dodge as soon as this game is over. Good thing RayJay is pretty close to the airport. 

That’s two and they were both tipped up. USF is sloppy tonight.
Barnett is hard to figure out...ton of talent but wasn’t ready at a young age. Now he should be ready to shine, but bad breaks just keep following him which are too common to not be his fault. Bad decision making under pressure?

Had no idea that Jonathan Taylor has 4K yards thru 2 years...if he stays another year he could shatter the all-time yardage record from his fellow Badger Dayne.

That’s two and they were both tipped up. USF is sloppy tonight.
USF sloppy and making way too many mistakes. But that second INT the defender was either early or holding.

Regardless, the size disadvantages plus being unprepared has been disastrous. 

So is this where the UCF fans claim that USF playing a B1G school at home is a bad look for the AAC?
The rule isn’t not scheduling a B1G school, its not scheduling a top half B1G school.  If you do schedule a top half P5, it can only be from the P12. And we’ll see how that goes in a few weeks.

I can’t get over that Alabama is playing Duke tomorrow. Why is Duke doing this?
Some conference pressure I heard. Bama had a GT series cancelled and was struggling to find a P5 replacement, and the ACC felt another ACC opponent was important. OOC scheduling is incredibly complicated.

Some conference pressure I heard. Bama had a GT series cancelled and was struggling to find a P5 replacement, and the ACC felt another ACC opponent was important. OOC scheduling is incredibly complicated.
That’s even worse. The ACC’s rep is bad enough. If you can’t find one of your four-five at least decent programs to participate than just move on. You couldn’t get Virginia Tech in this game instead? Just a total mess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope ESPN wasn't involved to increase the ACC rep to sell the ACC network. 

Had no idea that Jonathan Taylor has 4K yards thru 2 years...if he stays another year he could shatter the all-time yardage record from his fellow Badger Dayne.
Kid is a beast...if they'd had any semblance of a QB the last couple years, they'd have been in the playoff talk.

Wow Purdue lost that game??
Crazy ending. Nevada tied it in the last minute, Purdue threw an INT near midfield and Nevada got a couple of penalties to push them “out of field goal range”. Kid ended up drilling a 56-yarder at the gun after Brohm iced him with a time out.

Bo at the end of GameDay :

"Birds of a feather"  referring to Corso and the Oregon Duck. 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Cancelled?  You mean Saban backed out of playing because of the triple option.  Not that Tech could beat them but still it wasn't just cancelled.

Crazy ending. Nevada tied it in the last minute, Purdue threw an INT near midfield and Nevada got a couple of penalties to push them “out of field goal range”. Kid ended up drilling a 56-yarder at the gun after Brohm iced him with a time out.
The kicker, who was a walk on, got the game ball and a scholarship after the game. Pretty cool.

Speaking of spoiled fanbases the Noles just went up 21-6 and I said “wow football can be fun!” and my wife said shut the #### up you had one bad year. 

🤝 marriage 🤝

I started out with OSU - FAU because my wife is from C-bus and was taking a break from cake baking.  I switched to BSU - FSU and the Noles were starting to blow it out.  So I switched to Nebraska - S Alabama just to see Husker fans squirm.

Users who are viewing this thread