Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - It's the off-season, yo.

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

What a pathetic way to end a great game

Agreed. Can’t believe that lady got stuck in the bush. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

1 minute ago, belljr said:

Those bushes are 100 years old stop ruining them

That's what she said.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I think a co-ed’s legs will get damaged more than those shrubs. 

• Thinking 1

How many coeds have been lost in there?

2 minutes ago, belljr said:

Yeah, think I saw some soccer Moms stuck in one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Bears rush to sign Bama kicker

I'm currently texting a buddy who is from Chicago and graduated from Tuscaloosa.

HE IS MELTING THE #### DOWN.

It's not pretty.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Since Nick Saban's first season at Alabama in 2007, Alabama kickers have now missed 101 field goals, the most by any FBS team in that span. That's 8 more than any other team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Since Nick Saban's first season at Alabama in 2007, Alabama kickers have now missed 101 field goals, the most by any FBS team in that span. That's 8 more than any other team.

I was hoping someone would post this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

Ohio St. LSU Clemson and....

Is that between Georgia, Oklahoma and Utah? 

Maybe Baylor, if they win out?

LSU, Clemson, OSU all finish 13-0, 2 loss Oregon wins the PAC.

That leaves a 1 loss Baylor team.

1 hour ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

I read on another forum, "Bama pays the refs, Auburn pays the players."  

So false.   We both know they both pay everybody 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

Ohio St. LSU Clemson and....

Is that between Georgia, Oklahoma and Utah? 

Oklahoma and Utah need Gerogia to lose to LSU.

LSU has really taken to heart how much they owe Texas A&M for 2018.

Shouldn't matter, but a 66-3 whopping would me nice tonight. Probably will be more like 52-31 or something.

2 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Watching Minnesota self destruct is just so satisfying :thumbup:

Too dam cold to row a boat!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

When you’re constantly keeping your star players out all game to run the score up on everyone, your kicker doesn’t get a lot of chances to kick in game situations. No surprise that they choke in big moments.

10 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

When you’re constantly keeping your star players out all game to run the score up on everyone, your kicker doesn’t get a lot of chances to kick in game situations. No surprise that they choke in big moments.

This is interesting spin

4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Agreed...but actually it’s Tua’s fault for not throwing it away.

I wonder what odds you could have gotten at the beginning of the season on Joe Burrow setting/tying SEC single season passing yardage and touchdown records.  Still have a hard time wrapping my head around this new offensive reality at LSU.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Kansas Comet said:

I wonder what odds you could have gotten at the beginning of the season on Joe Burrow setting/tying SEC single season passing yardage and touchdown records.  Still have a hard time wrapping my head around this new offensive reality at LSU.

Is it known nationally that after the 2018 season, Ed Orgeron brought on former New Orleans Saints offensive assistant Joe Brady as the passing game coordinator? A lot of locals believe that Brady is the de facto OC and playcaller, and that the official OC, Steve Ensminger, is a figurehead. LSU is running a lot of Sean Payton's offense -- probably with fewer reads, but Burrow has the freedom to respond to what he sees and change the play at the line a la Drew Brees.

• Like 1

FSU attempted a FG down 23 with 8 minutes to go so instead of being down 3 scores they would be down * checks notes*  3 scores .

FG was wide left.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

Maybe Baylor, if they win out?

LSU, Clemson, OSU all finish 13-0, 2 loss Oregon wins the PAC.

That leaves a 1 loss Baylor team.

Oregon isn't beating Utah.  Not the team I watched in near freezing temps.  

• Like 1

IF Oklahoma wins the BIG 12 I think they will be in the final 4.   Will be interesting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

IF Oklahoma wins the BIG 12 I think they will be in the final 4.   Will be interesting. 

If Utah beats Oregon to win the Pac 12 I think they're in the playoff.   

An 8 team playoff would be great.

• Like 1

Lol @ RTB. That shtick has to wear out at some point right? They were seriously arguing about a 1 loss bama (oops) getting in over them

PS Bucky going to lose by 30+ in the B1GCCG if I'm being honest

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 10:24 AM, RUSF18 said:

Not getting a deal done with Schiano is the best thing that could happen to me. I’ve completely checked out of following the Rutgers program over the last couple years. The blowouts and gross mismanagement just haven’t affected me, which is amazing. I lived and died with this team during the first Schiano run and into the Flood era before he ran out of Schiano’s players and just completely #### the bed. 

If they brought him back, even though it would have been a few years before he got them to be just mediocre again, I would’ve fallen right back in. I would have signed myself up for more eventual heartache as I’m getting into my 40s. Who needs that?

Rutgers doing this really may have contributed to me living a longer life. Now I just need to hope that the outrage and donors cutting off donations if the AD isn’t fired doesn’t actually work. 

####. 

• Laughing 1

10 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

10 hours ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

If Utah beats Oregon to win the Pac 12 I think they're in the playoff.   

An 8 team playoff would be great.

The most interesting scenario involves UGA beating LSU.  I don’t think Wisconsin or Virginia have much of a chance.  Which 1-loss team gets the 4th spot - LSU, Oklahoma, Baylor or Utah?  I would think it comes down to LSU and OU.  

7 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

The most interesting scenario involves UGA beating LSU.  I don’t think Wisconsin or Virginia have much of a chance.  Which 1-loss team gets the 4th spot - LSU, Oklahoma, Baylor or Utah?  I would think it comes down to LSU and OU.  

LSU in this scenario. 

ETA: Oklahoma or Baylor will have 2 loses also.

Edited by WDIK2

As unlikely as the upsets are, I think tOSU and LSU are in even with close losses in their CCG.  Not sure about Clemson.  :shrug: 

I think Oregon beats Utah.

Edited by WDIK2

11 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:

LSU in this scenario. 

ETA: Oklahoma or Baylor will have 2 loses also.

Yep - I think LSU too.  I listed OU/Baylor as one of them will have one loss and that seems to be the biggest tossup of the CGs

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Do they really play a rooster crowing at South Carolina games? 

That may be worse than Mississippi State and their cowbells. 

They play it which is OK but they overplay it and it'it just becomes too much, especially when they get their ### handed to them. 

20 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

UGA is missing their WR1 (Cager) and their WR2 (Pickens) is suspended for first half.  DeAndre Swift left game with injury but will supposedly play.

The Schiano news reminds me of the Mark Twain line "I would never join a club that would agree to have me as a member"

The fact that Rutgers would hire Schiano shows just how terrible the job is.

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

UGA is missing their WR1 (Cager) and their WR2 (Pickens) is suspended for first half.  DeAndre Swift left game with injury but will supposedly play.

I don’t think they win - LSU is better and playing really well.  However, UGA has the talent to hang and a couple of turnovers could change the game.

1 minute ago, WDIK2 said:

If all the favorites win, who does the committee choose between Oklahoma and Utah?

I’m not a big believer in Baylor but they just destroyed Kansas and will be a formidable opponent.  As will Oregon for Utah.  I think it probably comes down to the perception of the PAC-12 and that Oklahoma is kind of a CFB blue blood.  We may get an indication based on this weeks rankings.  I’m not sure they would deserve to jump Utah but if they do then I think it’s Oklahoma’s to lose assuming UGA loses.

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m not a big believer in Baylor but they just destroyed Kansas and will be a formidable opponent.  As will Oregon for Utah.  I think it probably comes down to the perception of the PAC-12 and that Oklahoma is kind of a CFB blue blood.  We may get an indication based on this weeks rankings.  I’m not sure they would deserve to jump Utah but if they do then I think it’s Oklahoma’s to lose assuming UGA loses.

For sure not counting Baylor and Oregon as easy outs.  I can see the committee this week going (5) Utah, (6) Oklahoma, (7) Baylor, and (12-13) Oregon.  Beating Baylor twice might be enough for OU to jump Utah the next week, also assuming UGA loses.

48 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

How has OU done on the playoffs to date?  Can't recall off-hand, but haven't they been pretty bad as a Final Four team?  Why would this year be any different? 

5 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

How has OU done on the playoffs to date?  Can't recall off-hand, but haven't they been pretty bad as a Final Four team?  Why would this year be any different? 

I'm not positive but I think they're 0-3? Losses to Clemson, Georgia and Alabama?