What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (3 Viewers)

Folks will probably point to this season as a reason not to expand to 8 but for me I’ll push for 8 until it happens.  I’d much rather argue over 8/9 than 4/5.
Nobody knows if Utah or Oklahoma gets excluded from Top 4  in huge money maker yet women's volleyball just released their 64 team bracket

@Bfarrell727: 10th-seeded Florida hosts, plays Alabama State in the first round. Winner plays the winner of FSU/UCF. #Gators https://twitter.com/NCAAVolleyball/status/1201316322086465536

These colleges never hear of FaceTime or phone interviews?
I think it's the Used Car Salesman playbook. Get them on campus, let them test drive the facilities, tell them you need to speak the sales manager (college prez), and don't let them leave until you ask "What can I do to get you into a slightly downtrodden SEC West program today?"

Stolen from another board...

B1G school records against Ohio State, last 15 games:

Purdue: 5-10
Penn State: 4-11
Wisconsin: 4-11
Michigan State: 3-12
Iowa: 2-13
Illinois: 2-13
Michigan 1-14

That's what I was afraid of.
Seems pretty obvious to me.

The more interesting one is Wisconsin.  If they some how won, I could see them being left out and could see OSU staying in.  I know we’ve had a team that didn’t play for their conference championship but have we had one lose and make it in over the winner?

That was a close loss to USC, who was 8-4.  "Cringeworthy"?   Ok....

If they throttle Oregon (and they will) Utah will go to the playoffs.  IMO.  
Allow me to revise and extend my remarks...

When I typed "USC" I was thinking of the record of UCLA. It is albeit an uncommon error and the poster regrets the error.

In any event, Da Utes will have to destroy UO to get into the CFP...and I don't see that happening.

When I typed "USC" I was thinking of the record of UCLA. It is albeit an uncommon error and the poster regrets the error.

In any event, Da Utes will have to destroy UO to get into the CFP...and I don't see that happening.
The more I think about it, I’m not so sure - I do think typically OU would get in but they’ve consistently stayed behind Utah in the poll.  If OU is ahead of them tonight then I would agree but if Utah stays in front you have to like their chances. (Assuming UGA loses)

I hope to wake up to video of the Lane Train calling the hogs at a hastily convened 1am presser.
@RedZone921: Latest on Lane Kiffin: first face-to-face meeting with Hunter Yurachek yesterday in Boca. No official offer made, but he is UA's #1 candidate right now. Tricky timeline to navigate this week because FAU is in C-USA title game on Saturday.

Neither one of them has played much of a schedule, but Utah has throttled most of those on their schedule while Oklahoma has been fumbling around with their opponents all season. This may be the easiest year ever for the committee:

If Georgia wins they're in

If Utah wins and Georgia loses then they're in

If both Georgia and Utah lose then the winner of the Big 12 title game is in

The more interesting one is Wisconsin.  If they some how won, I could see them being left out and could see OSU staying in.  I know we’ve had a team that didn’t play for their conference championship but have we had one lose and make it in over the winner?
That would be wild. Everyone outside of Ohio would be outraged but the committee and NCAA don't care about conference championships.  Something like that would confirm it once and for all.  They might as well eliminate conferences and go to an end of season bracket starting in mid-November.  

That said, Wisconsin is going to be blown out on Saturday.  But it's interesting to think about.  The committee is praying there is no upset.  

That would be wild. Everyone outside of Ohio would be outraged but the committee and NCAA don't care about conference championships.  Something like that would confirm it once and for all.  They might as well eliminate conferences and go to an end of season bracket starting in mid-November.  

That said, Wisconsin is going to be blown out on Saturday.  But it's interesting to think about.  The committee is praying there is no upset.  
I agree - think they roll them by 30+ but if a miracle happened I still think OSU gets in.

If Utah is lucky enough to beat Oregon (they won't) they will be in as 4th seed unless Georgia beats LSU.
Oregon is trash.  Not sure what you're watching out there, but they have completely fallen apart.  They should have lost Saturday.  Utah line is now 6.5....they are going to stomp a mudhole in Oregon.

Even revised I tend to disagree with you.  We'll see.  I think the committee will take into account OU's failures as a playoff team in the past and award the spot to the new team.  They really can't do any worse, TBH.  

Oregon is trash.  Not sure what you're watching out there, but they have completely fallen apart.  They should have lost Saturday.  Utah line is now 6.5....they are going to stomp a mudhole in Oregon.
I know you are a glass half empty kind of guy and I am a glass half full kind of guy but come on man, they should not have lost on Saturday.  I get they have not played well the past two weeks and understand why they are getting points to Utah.  Oregon is more talented and this will be a low scoring game where Oregon wins like 21-17.

Pretty shocked about Peterson stepping down.  I don't see him coaching next year if he is burnt out.  I would bet he will be a head coach again in a few years.

From twitter - 

Source close to #Washington's Chris Petersen tells me he has no health issues or family issues that caused the decision. The season wore on him, and he needs a chance to step away. His new administrative role should focus on leadership development for coaches and others.

I would be shocked if Petersen pursues a job at a higher profile college football program or the NFL. 

I’m pretty happy with Jimmy Lake taking over. He’s a rising coaching star and would definitely have left for a head coaching job elsewhere in the next year or two. I hope he can keep the stellar 2020 recruiting class intact. 

Peterson was a great MWC coach at Boise State when they rarely played power 5 schools.  At Washington, his in conference winning percentage was below .500 in 3 of his 6 years and never once beat a power 5 school OOC with a winning record.  Only 1 bowl win in 6 years.

I know you are a glass half empty kind of guy and I am a glass half full kind of guy but come on man, they should not have lost on Saturday.  I get they have not played well the past two weeks and understand why they are getting points to Utah.  Oregon is more talented and this will be a low scoring game where Oregon wins like 21-17.
Oh please.  Oregon was outgained by a team with a QB who hadn't played a college game before.  Oregon State almost tied the game up, but the Ducks were bailed out with a penalty that nullified the tying TD.  The Ducks offense has backslid into something that is reminiscent of the Taggart season.  Just hackneyed and unimaginative.  Oregon State was the better team on the field Saturday; they just got unlucky with penalties.  Imagine if Jake Luten had played that game?  

Sorry I don't share your optimism, but this team had a chance to be a playoff team and they blew it against ASU.  Blew it.  That's not a good team, either. Blew it.  Then they come back home and put up THAT performance against little sister OSU???  C'mon man, I know you're pie in the sky, myopic Oregon fan, but jesus christ, open your eyes.  

Utah wins this one and it won't be close.  

Oh please.  Oregon was outgained by a team with a QB who hadn't played a college game before.  Oregon State almost tied the game up, but the Ducks were bailed out with a penalty that nullified the tying TD.  The Ducks offense has backslid into something that is reminiscent of the Taggart season.  Just hackneyed and unimaginative.  Oregon State was the better team on the field Saturday; they just got unlucky with penalties.  Imagine if Jake Luten had played that game?  

Sorry I don't share your optimism, but this team had a chance to be a playoff team and they blew it against ASU.  Blew it.  That's not a good team, either. Blew it.  Then they come back home and put up THAT performance against little sister OSU???  C'mon man, I know you're pie in the sky, myopic Oregon fan, but jesus christ, open your eyes.  

Utah wins this one and it won't be close.  
You are welcome to lose your money in Vegas.  I have said all along that I wasn't sure that Oregon was up for the playoffs this year and that they could very well lose another game.  They have the talent to beat Utah and win the Rose Bowl which would be a great season.  Quit being a fair weather fan.

You are welcome to lose your money in Vegas.  I have said all along that I wasn't sure that Oregon was up for the playoffs this year and that they could very well lose another game.  They have the talent to beat Utah and win the Rose Bowl which would be a great season.  Quit being a fair weather fan.
There is a difference between being fair weathered and being realistic.  I was at the game Saturday.  The general feeling of the crowd wasn't what it's been in past seasons.  Deflated?  Stunned at how bad the offense is now?  Worried about how atrocious the defense is all of a sudden?  Not sure what it was on Saturday, but it wasn't ebullience.  

Have fun at the Justin Boots Alamodome Bowl Game.

There is a difference between being fair weathered and being realistic.  I was at the game Saturday.  The general feeling of the crowd wasn't what it's been in past seasons.  Deflated?  Stunned at how bad the offense is now?  Worried about how atrocious the defense is all of a sudden?  Not sure what it was on Saturday, but it wasn't ebullience.  

Have fun at the Justin Boots Alamodome Bowl Game.
So?  I was at the game here at Arizona State.  They played like crap for 2 weeks straight.  The difference between me and you is I believe the Rose Bowl is a pretty good motivator and talent will prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread