What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (6 Viewers)

2019 Coaching Salaries Oklahoma University Football

HC/QB Lincoln Riley - $6,000,000

OC/OL Bill Bedenbaugh - $750,000  underpaid.

Co-OC/IWR/RC Cale Gundy - $535,000

RB Jay Boulware - $470,000

AHC/TE Shane Beamer - $470,000

OWR Dennis Simmons - $460,000

DC/S Alex Grinch - $1,400,000

AHC/OLB Ruffin McNeill - $575,000

ILB Brian Odom - $375,000

DL Calvin Thibodeaux - $375,000

CB Roy Manning - $425,000

11.8 million a year. 

My wife is taking my daughter out of town this weekend. My plan for the next 3 days is to youtube some long-snapping instructions and start the process. My 7 and 4 year old boys will be set up with a scholarship (ok maybe walk-on), a solid NFL career and then coaching afterwards, where the money really kicks in. I'm totes gonna live off of their salaries. Why did no one think of this before?

Slippery Rock’s season comes to an end.  They lose 58-15 to Minnesota State Mavericks. They end the season 13-1. 

Two fun facts:

The O/U for the game was 81. This is amazing considering the two team were 1-2 in scoring offense. 

SRU has no mascot. Their signage around campus has a Lion and references to pride, but that’s it. Just about everyone refers to them as The Rock. 

It’s 6 PM in the east and this Army-Navy game is almost over. 

An SEC game would be halfway through the third quarter. :mellow:

Slippery Rock’s season comes to an end.  They lose 58-15 to Minnesota State Mavericks. They end the season 13-1. 

Two fun facts:

The O/U for the game was 81. This is amazing considering the two team were 1-2 in scoring offense. 

SRU has no mascot. Their signage around campus has a Lion and references to pride, but that’s it. Just about everyone refers to them as The Rock. 
for sure thought Minnesota State was just a made up name for Coach

Navy QB Malcolm Perry has rushed for over 300 yards. :shock:
What a way for that kid to go out. They played him at slot back last year, where he wasn't a good fit. Coach Ken said "yeah, I'm the moron who did that" :lol:

This has been a peak season for what can happen at Navy. 10 wins in a really good (& fun!) conference, a mid-level bowl game, and beating Army.

I guess it was anticlimactic ... but no posts about the Heisman ceremony?
Aside from Jalen Hurts coming in second, it certainly wasn't a surprise. I think the 2 game suspension cost Chase Young 2nd place. (not due to stats, but because alot of voters wouldn't want to reward a player who got an NCAA suspension, regardless of how absurd the reasoning was).

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 14/100

Went to the in-laws for early Christmas after getting very little sleep. Got home, took a quick nap, but I knew I had to get my activity in. Headed out at 8, intending to just do 30 mins or so. Started running and didn't check my tracker. Got to my first stopping point, felt good, so I just kept going. That happened 3-4 more times. Ended up running for 54mins and almost exactly 5 miles. Did a 6 min cool down just to get to an even hour. Combined with my steps after midnight at work last night, I ended up at almost 19k for the 24 hour period.

Diet: Not great, but not as bad as it could have been. :shrug:

Bank: $140
Uuuuuh, ok.

Day 14/100

Went to the in-laws for early Christmas after getting very little sleep. Got home, took a quick nap, but I knew I had to get my activity in. Headed out at 8, intending to just do 30 mins or so. Started running and didn't check my tracker. Got to my first stopping point, felt good, so I just kept going. That happened 3-4 more times. Ended up running for 54mins and almost exactly 5 miles. Did a 6 min cool down just to get to an even hour. Combined with my steps after midnight at work last night, I ended up at almost 19k for the 24 hour period.

Diet: Not great, but not as bad as it could have been. :shrug:

Bank: $140
Oh I get it, I see what this all about, you're thinking of entering the transfer protocol aren't you?  Is that what this is all about?  Well the hell with you then, go on over to rotowire, see if we care! ;)  

Seeing Hafley’s press conference as the new Boston College HC is a real “I feel old” moment. I met his sister at my eventual wife’s first big family event that she brought me too, as she was friends with my wife’s sister, and I knew the name because he was doing a ridiculous job recruiting NJ kids up to Pitt. Then Schiano poached him after Wannstedt got fired, eventually brought him to Tampa, and now we fast forward a bunch and he’s the DC of a possible national champion and is set to make probably $4MM/year as a head coach. What a world. 

What an 8 team CFP playoff add in rights fees and viewers?

ESPN currently pays $467 million annually (through 2024-25) for a wide-ranging CFP deal including rights to each year’s three playoff games, the four other bowls associated with the playoff, and the weekly rankings show and eventual final selection show, and it’s unclear if adding four quarterfinal games would be worth almost as much annually as the existing CFP package. But a lot would depend on when this was implemented (if it’s near the end of the current ESPN deal, they might be able to go to wider bidding and get more money). In any case, adding four games with averages of 15 million viewers or better would definitely be desirable TV inventory and would bring in a lot of revenue.

I don’t really follow recruiting, but apparently we backed off the top LB (Flowe?) and took a different 5 star LB?  All I know is UNC fans are mad because they wanted the other guy and we “slow-played” a 5 star and that the Flowe guy is probably going to Oregon.  They said that mom got less and less comfortable having her son all the way across the country so we moved on. 

I don’t really follow recruiting, but apparently we backed off the top LB (Flowe?) and took a different 5 star LB?  All I know is UNC fans are mad because they wanted the other guy and we “slow-played” a 5 star and that the Flowe guy is probably going to Oregon.  They said that mom got less and less comfortable having her son all the way across the country so we moved on. 
Really hope Flowe goes to Oregon.  He announces on Wednesday.  He visited USC this past weekend and it sounds like it is between Oregon and USC with Oregon leading.  Oregon has been burned many times in the past with guys flipping to USC last minute including Juju Smith-Shuster.

Really hope Flowe goes to Oregon.  He announces on Wednesday.  He visited USC this past weekend and it sounds like it is between Oregon and USC with Oregon leading.  Oregon has been burned many times in the past with guys flipping to USC last minute including Juju Smith-Shuster.
With portal movements who knows where a kid ends up in a few years.

Malcolm Greene is flipping from LSU to Clemson it seems.  He's a damn good safety.  I wish we could have held on to him. 

From another board:

Rumor - OU will have 3 starters and 2 key reserves suspended for the game due to an NCAA drug test. Possible names include arguably best DL Ronnie Perkins, and key RB Rhamondre Stevenson. Others thrown out have been starting CB Tre Brown (has been refuted but nothing confirmed), and backup WRs Trejan Bridges and AD Miller.

If OU is going to get ANY pass rush, Perkins has been our best rusher. Starting RB Kennedy Brooks got banged up in the Big 12 Championship game, and Rhamondre is arguably OU's most talented RB. If neither can go, we will be down to our RB4 TJ Pledger who has 8 carries this season, and freshman Marcus Major who has 9 carries in mop up duty (#2 RB Trey Sermon is out with a knee injury).

Major is out for the season with shoulder surgery. Pledger would literally be the only healthy scholarship back.

Multiple players are going to be suspended, nobody knows exactly who yet, but certain names keep coming up more often than others. I guess Riley doesn't want anyone to confirm anything because signing day is so close and he doesn't want this story to dominate the news cycle, but at this point they need to do it and get it over with because it seems like the reporters all know it's coming.

Perkins and Brown would be enormous losses on defense, they seem to be on the list for sure. If Stevenson is out they'd be incredibly thin at RB. 

Multiple players are going to be suspended, nobody knows exactly who yet, but certain names keep coming up more often than others. I guess Riley doesn't want anyone to confirm anything because signing day is so close and he doesn't want this story to dominate the news cycle, but at this point they need to do it and get it over with because it seems like the reporters all know it's coming.

Perkins and Brown would be enormous losses on defense, they seem to be on the list for sure. If Stevenson is out they'd be incredibly thin at RB. 
That sucks man.  Hate to see this.

Go ahead and jerk the band-aid off; it'll hurt a lot at first but it will soon go away.

OTOH, isn't the December signing day today?

Go ahead and jerk the band-aid off; it'll hurt a lot at first but it will soon go away.

OTOH, isn't the December signing day today?
Today is early (important) signing day. 

The worst thing about the suspension for OU is now every desperate Texas fan will start thinking that Escobar runs drugs through the OU Athletic Dept. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread