Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - LSU fans call Coach O Moses because he took them to the Promised Land!!!

1 hour ago, RUSF18 said:

Yikes. You can do better. 

You’ve seen me post for a few years. I’m capable of brain farts. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, culdeus said:

In this world what is the point of the conference championship?  

OSU has won the B1G Championship game 3 years in a row... and in each year they fell in the CFP rankings the next day.

So once we have a playoff, the point of the B1G conference championship game is to win it so you can fall in the 8 team CFP seedings. And I'd be perfectly fine with that as long as we have December Madness!!!

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, culdeus said:

3 blowouts and OU/OU fighting to get blown out in the next week by LSU?

FCS quarterfinals are this weekend.  #1 North Dakota St is favored by 3 touchdowns and #2 James Madison is favored by 12.5.  There's probably a sharp drop off from the elite to the very good at all levels.

13 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

OSU has won the B1G Championship game 3 years in a row... and in each year they fell in the CFP rankings the next day.

This is just an artifact of human judgment over the process. A reasonable subjective argument can be made for any of LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson to be #1 in the CFP. An airtight, perfectly logical objective argument for the same cannot be made. The facts on the table don't fully support any one outcome. Fully support, that is -- leaving no room for argument.

For reference:

"Shaquille O'Neal is taller than Lil' Kim" = Fully-supported fact. You break out a tape measure and get an objective result.

"Shaq's apple pie is better than Lil' Kim's apple pie" = Fully-supported facts can be brought to bear about the pies (baking temperature, quantities of ingredients, etc.), but the bolded statement itself can never be objectively supported.

44 minutes ago, Doug B said:

This is just an artifact of human judgment over the process. A reasonable subjective argument can be made for any of LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson to be #1 in the CFP. An airtight, perfectly logical objective argument for the same cannot be made. The facts on the table don't fully support any one outcome. Fully support, that is -- leaving no room for argument.

For reference:

"Shaquille O'Neal is taller than Lil' Kim" = Fully-supported fact. You break out a tape measure and get an objective result.

"Shaq's apple pie is better than Lil' Kim's apple pie" = Fully-supported facts can be brought to bear about the pies (baking temperature, quantities of ingredients, etc.), but the bolded statement itself can never be objectively supported.

Spoken like someone who has never had Shaq's apple pie. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4

Gasparilla Bowl is now at RayJay? HFS! Upgrade. :thumbup:

ETA: Great thing about RayJay is my office is nearby and I get free parking. 

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, culdeus said:

3 blowouts and OU/OU fighting to get blown out in the next week by LSU?

Are you saying the bowl match ups outide of the playoffs are more entertaining than that proposed 8 team playoff? 

Conference Championship to make it to the playoffs.?  Kinda like they do the NCAA BB tournament maybe? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I'm not sure whether its more entertaining, but I think if they do something like this they absolutely have to find a way to play the players.

Today I saw a column on the players "That should sit out" of their bowl games.  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/college-football-players-skipping-bowl-season-NFL-Draft-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Jerry-Jeudy-Derrick-Brown-Epenesa-140166141/

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

FCS quarterfinals are this weekend.  #1 North Dakota St is favored by 3 touchdowns and #2 James Madison is favored by 12.5.  There's probably a sharp drop off from the elite to the very good at all levels.

Yeah probably shouldn't watch since it has already been settled by Vegas. 

13 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Yeah probably shouldn't watch since it has already been settled by Vegas. 

Yeah, that's what I clearly said.  Great work in here

• Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Alabama supposedly has a half dozen or more 1st and 2nd round players.  I wouldn't expect any of them to play again. 

Edited by CletiusMaximus

2 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Alabama supposedly has a half dozen or more 1st and 2nd round players.  I wouldn't expect any of them to play again. 

Millions of dollars at risk vs. cool shirt and some xbox games. 

Washington is +3.5 vs Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl.  Same sort of set-up as the one played two years ago where Boise State beat the horse piss out of Oregon and their new HC Mario Cristobal.  Boise State is a good team and I think UW gave up on the season.  $$$$$ on the Broncos to win this one.

1 minute ago, General Malaise said:

Washington is +3.5 vs Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl.  Same sort of set-up as the one played two years ago where Boise State beat the horse piss out of Oregon and their new HC Mario Cristobal.  Boise State is a good team and I think UW gave up on the season.  $$$$$ on the Broncos to win this one.

Is Chris Peterson coaching the bowl game?   Not too familiar with Washington program but would they get up for the game to win one for him in his last game especially against his former team?

23 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Is Chris Peterson coaching the bowl game?   Not too familiar with Washington program but would they get up for the game to win one for him in his last game especially against his former team?

Yep

40 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Oh, great point.  Thanks!  Think he is and I think I will lower my wagering gusto on this one.

LSU DC Dave Aranda reportedly in the mix for the HC positions at Colorado State and UNLV. 

I find it really interesting why some coordinators seem to be in the mix for P5 gigs while others start lower. Aranda is a guy I would think wouldn’t need to cut his teeth at that level. Not speaking specifically about this year’s carousel, but it seems to be pretty random over the years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Oh, great point.  Thanks!  Think he is and I think I will lower my wagering gusto on this one.

No one on either side is thrilled about this match up.  Stupid espn wanted a story.  

BSU coach Harsin is pretty pissed about it.  None of the focus will be on the players of either team.  

I think Harsin wants to win this one real bad and will have Broncos more ready.  Finishing with a 2 and 0 record vs Pete is probably a big thing for him. 

He's pissed at the Mountain West didnt promote BSU as much as the conference that Memphis plays in promoted that conference for the Cotton Bowl.

BSU beat 2 or 3 more Bowl teams than Memphis did.  Their only loss was when they had to play their 3rd string qb on the road by 3. 

Should be a close game.  If you bet bsu,  buy the half point.  

Edited by Getzlaf15

50 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

LSU DC Dave Aranda reportedly in the mix for the HC positions at Colorado State and UNLV. 

I find it really interesting why some coordinators seem to be in the mix for P5 gigs while others start lower. Aranda is a guy I would think wouldn’t need to cut his teeth at that level. Not speaking specifically about this year’s carousel, but it seems to be pretty random over the years. 

I agree. No clue why he wouldnt start at a mid level p5 with upside. Seems like he has the qualifications.

9 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

That UNLV job is a career killer.  Avoid at all costs. 

That's been the track record but they're opening a new football training facility and they'll play in the Raiders stadium next year. 

You know who never sits out of post season college games..... basketball players, that's who.

And why? Because they have a real playoff, that's why!!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Capella said:

LSU DC coming off historic season takes UNLV job is not a sentence you expect to read. 

Love this coming out a week before signing day.

7 hours ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

The list should include every player who’s entering the draft that is projected as a 1st/2nd round pick.

the nfl already has enough game film on them.  They have zero to gain and a fluke injury could drop them quite a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

No one on either side is thrilled about this match up.  Stupid espn wanted a story.  

BSU coach Harsin is pretty pissed about it.  None of the focus will be on the players of either team.  

I think Harsin wants to win this one real bad and will have Broncos more ready.  Finishing with a 2 and 0 record vs Pete is probably a big thing for him. 

He's pissed at the Mountain West didnt promote BSU as much as the conference that Memphis plays in promoted that conference for the Cotton Bowl.

BSU beat 2 or 3 more Bowl teams than Memphis did.  Their only loss was when they had to play their 3rd string qb on the road by 3. 

Should be a close game.  If you bet bsu,  buy the half point.  

Surprised Harsin hasn't been poached by a big fish. He is an awesome coach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaxBill said:

That's been the track record but they're opening a new football training facility and they'll play in the Raiders stadium next year. 

I don't think that will help anytime soon.  It is an atrocious program.

I do hope Marcus Arroyo takes the job, however. 

1 hour ago, Politician Spock said:

You know who never sits out of post season college games..... basketball players, that's who.

And why? Because they have a real playoff, that's why!!!!

They also only have to pretend to go to school for like 4 months. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Surprised Harsin hasn't been poached by a big fish. He is an awesome coach. 

He went to HS here and was a backup QB at BSU.   He was OC under Pete when Kellen played.  I'd be amazed if he leaves.   This year was his best job of coaching..

He came out in the Bowl presser really pissed about the MW Conf.    Wants to take BSU to the next level.   Our schedules the next 10 years are much better than ever before.

13 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

The list should include every player who’s entering the draft that is projected as a 1st/2nd round pick.

the nfl already has enough game film on them.  They have zero to gain and a fluke injury could drop them quite a bit.

Yeah no reason to play.  The NFL has shown it won't negatively affect their draft stock and fans are totally on their side on the matter.  Playing is all risk, zero reward.

10 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I have a hard time believing LSU's defensive coordinator who is making $1.5MM will leave to be head coach at UNLV and make $1MM

2.5 mil a year for 4 years, guaranteed from what i recall.

30 minutes ago, L5UT1ger said:

2.5 mil a year for 4 years, guaranteed from what i recall.

OK that makes more sense.  I had read they wanted to pay $900k to $1MM for the head coach.  

UNLV has had one winning record (7-6) since 2000.  Wow.  

Marcus Arroyo is taking the job.  Lotta people are saying he was getting pushed out of the nest by Cristobal, so this was a 'clean' way to have him exit stage left.  

Who does Oregon bring in?  Or do they hire from within?  New OC to pair with a new QB?

2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

UNLV has had one winning record (7-6) since 2000.  Wow.  

Marcus Arroyo is taking the job.  Lotta people are saying he was getting pushed out of the nest by Cristobal, so this was a 'clean' way to have him exit stage left.  

Who does Oregon bring in?  Or do they hire from within?  New OC to pair with a new QB?

I think he definately hires an outside OC.  Avalos was outstanding hire as DC.  I trust MC to do this right.  Sounds like Keith Hayward will go with Arroyo.  Things look very good for Oregon.

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I think he definately hires an outside OC.  Avalos was outstanding hire as DC.  I trust MC to do this right.  Sounds like Keith Hayward will go with Arroyo.  Things look very good for Oregon.

Yeah, except I think it disrupts the Rose Bowl a bit.  We'll see.  

David Yost  looks like Harry from Dumb and Dumber. :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

33 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

David Yost is being hired as the next OC at Oregon.  He was at Utah State this year.  QB coach Herbert's freshman year.  I like it. :thumbup:

I think Yost would be a solid hire but I haven't seen anything confirm that.  Where did you see this?

Edited by Don't Noonan

18 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I think Yost would be a solid hire but I haven't seen anything confirm that.  Where did you see this?

Inside sources. :ninja:

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

David Yost is being hired as the next OC at Oregon.  He was at Utah State this year.  QB coach Herbert's freshman year.  I like it. :thumbup:

Wait, Yost is at Texas Tech.  

oofff

@Brett_McMurphy: Florida Atlantic is nearing completion of a deal w/Willie Taggart, source told @Stadium. Taggart would be a huge get for FAU w/his recruiting ties in the state

The year is 2024. Willie Taggart waits patiently by the phone waiting for news about Stetsons projected new football program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

11 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

oofff

@Brett_McMurphy: Florida Atlantic is nearing completion of a deal w/Willie Taggart, source told @Stadium. Taggart would be a huge get for FAU w/his recruiting ties in the state

:lmao:

Will anybody make more money achieving as little success as Willie Taggart in our lifetime?  

Four-star Sandalwood (Fla.) Jacksonville quarterback Jeff Sims announced his decommitment from Florida State Wednesday.

On 12/10/2019 at 1:13 PM, Osaurus said:

Gasparilla Bowl is now at RayJay? HFS! Upgrade. :thumbup:

ETA: Great thing about RayJay is my office is nearby and I get free parking. 

Bummer. I will never get over a bowl game sponsored by a lawnmower company being played in an indoor stadium with some of the worst artificial turf known to man.

• Like 2

Addazio to Colorado State.

Be a dude, Rams (or a dud).