What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (7 Viewers)

General Malaise said:
Also, there is a lot regret for having spend 4 of my years in stupid Jackson, MS.  What a dumb idea that was. 
Did you ever run into a man with green teeth on a Saturday night? 

General Malaise said:
Yeah, there are some real dumpy parts too.  And Springfield flat out sucks.  

But having lived and traveled around this country, I can think of a lot worse places to park yourself.  

Also, there is a lot regret for having spend 4 of my years in stupid Jackson, MS.  What a dumb idea that was. 
Please tell me it was a prison sentence and unavoidable. 

Of all the places in the US I have been, Mississippi is the place that looked most like a Third World country. It was brutal. 

Oh man, I totally forgot about butch davis being back

FIU and FAU will really do anything.  

Fau should bring in buddy what’s his face from last chance u

Yessss!

@GasparillaBowl: The Gasparilla Krewe Parade Floats will still be along Tampa Bay Blvd., as planned

Nooooooo

@GasparillaBowl: Unfortunately, the Lawn Mower Rides, onbikes Green Machine Races, and Ice Skating have been cancelled.

What's the best avenue for getting tickets to these bowl games?  Do I go to a stubhub sort of site or just find someone outside the stadium?  Is it wise to buy now or wait a few more days?  It doesn't seem like the UM vs Alabama tickets are going anywhere anytime soon.  

What's the best avenue for getting tickets to these bowl games?  Do I go to a stubhub sort of site or just find someone outside the stadium?  Is it wise to buy now or wait a few more days?  It doesn't seem like the UM vs Alabama tickets are going anywhere anytime soon.  
Wait till morning of 

Wait till morning of 
Agreed. This will be one of the tougher tickets with the high profile programs, coaches, and it looks like surprisingly fully loaded rosters on both sides....and lots of fans of both in the area. And a smaller stadium. I think as close to kickoff as possible is your only route for any kind of deal.

Agreed. This will be one of the tougher tickets with the high profile programs, coaches, and it looks like surprisingly fully loaded rosters on both sides....and lots of fans of both in the area. And a smaller stadium. I think as close to kickoff as possible is your only route for any kind of deal.
The tickets I have are going for a very tempting price on Stubhub right now 

I get requests for tix from customers and others every year...College is different than the Pros in that we (partners) get almost nothing for free. So it’s typically not easy for CFP, etc...but other bowls aren’t hard. We can’t get enough tix to fill requests for the Citrus...even paying for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to make the trip out to the Peach Bowl. Anyone know of a good catered tailgate for the game?  Only one I can find through the Peach Bowl website appears to be LSU focused.  I have a feeling I’m going to need a few drinks before watching the game.  

#boomer

Going to make the trip out to the Peach Bowl. Anyone know of a good catered tailgate for the game?  Only one I can find through the Peach Bowl website appears to be LSU focused.  I have a feeling I’m going to need a few drinks before watching the game.  

#boomer
Go to the LSU tailgate.   You'll get all the drinks you can handle.   

They usually play 13.  The 14th was conference championship game. Any school who plays at Hawaii is allowed a 13th game too i think.
As a fan of an independent school, the Hawaii exemption was significant. In consecutive seasons:

* Played at Hawaii

* Hosted Hawaii in Week Zero

* Hosted a team in Week Zero that was using the exemption itself by playing at Hawaii later in the season

@ChrisVannini: Memphis QB Brady White admits he’s considering a second grad-transfer (presumably to Florida State w/ Norvell). 

Says he’s begun talking with his family. He’s leaning one way, but wouldn’t say. Just wants to focus on the Cotton Bowl now.

@ChrisVannini: Memphis QB Brady White admits he’s considering a second grad-transfer (presumably to Florida State w/ Norvell). 

Says he’s begun talking with his family. He’s leaning one way, but wouldn’t say. Just wants to focus on the Cotton Bowl now.
He any good?

He any good?
He's supposedly very tight with Norvell. He might be the insurance policy in case the kids struggle.

i just thought it bizarre that somebody used the grad transfer rule TWICE. 

2015 - ??????

2016 ASU redshirt

2017 ASU player

12/2017 gets Bachelors

01/2018 grad transfer to Memphis

2018 - 19 plays at Memphis 

He's supposedly very tight with Norvell. He might be the insurance policy in case the kids struggle.

i just thought it bizarre that somebody used the grad transfer rule TWICE. 

2015 - ??????

2016 ASU redshirt

2017 ASU player

12/2017 gets Bachelors

01/2018 grad transfer to Memphis

2018 - 19 plays at Memphis 
Judging strictly by his numbers, he seems pretty good. 

Pitt is such an embarrassment of a program.  Kenny Pickett (qb) has no business playing on a college team. Narduzzi (coach)is just as bad. They are getting thrashed by eastern Michigan.  I didn't know there was an eastern Michigan football team. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitt is such an embarrassment of a program.  Kenny Pickett (qb) has no business playing on a college team. Narduzzi (coach)is just as bad. They are getting thrashed by eastern Michigan.  I didn't know there was an eastern Michigan football team. 
I like Pickett. This flat performance is more about Pitt’s defense that cannot stop the EMU offensive juggernaut. Pitiful. 

Users who are viewing this thread