What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (4 Viewers)

Been getting many ACCN emails lately from ESPN.  I'll be going to the UF vs Miami game, but I was looking to see what channels it was going to be on.  How is ACCN not on Comcast or even Dish?  And they just "scored" spectrum two days ago?  In the area they are on Directv, hulu, youtube tv and vue.  
Most deals with providers are done in the days and weeks leading up to the launch.  Was the same for SEC and Big Ten Networks and most other big money negotiations that occur in every day business

Most deals with providers are done in the days and weeks leading up to the launch.  Was the same for SEC and Big Ten Networks and most other big money negotiations that occur in every day business
Yet the PAC-12 Network still isn't on DirecTV...and how long's that been? 3, maybe 4 years?

Been getting many ACCN emails lately from ESPN.  I'll be going to the UF vs Miami game, but I was looking to see what channels it was going to be on.  How is ACCN not on Comcast or even Dish?  And they just "scored" spectrum two days ago?  In the area they are on Directv, hulu, youtube tv and vue.  
I read that that have more subscribers than the B10 network and SEC at the same point in time. I think it’ll get done with all the big players. 

I read that that have more subscribers than the B10 network and SEC at the same point in time. I think it’ll get done with all the big players. 
Thats a little misleading, right? When the B10 network came around, people thought it was a terrible idea. And nobody thought it'd work. Now, if you are a college football fan, you know you want the ACCN. 

No idea...struck me as odd when I read it.  Their first game is a week from now and the only major provider they had until two days ago was Directv.  Reading about the SEC Network, they had their bases covered early.  They did bring on some regional networks in the last couple weeks but they had Spectrum (well, Time Warner at the time), Dish, Comcast on board early.  Oddly enough, Directv was late to the party with the SEC network if I remember correctly.  I know the B1G network went a completely different path than the others in their standup, so they probably do have more than the B1G did at the same point.  And they were the first to the party also...when nobody thought they wanted it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I really don’t know the details. Somebody had a story about it recently and made it seem like they’re fine. I’m sure they’ll have similar coverage eventually. 

Capella said:
Ya I really don’t know the details. Somebody had a story about it recently and made it seem like they’re fine. I’m sure they’ll have similar coverage eventually. 
ESPN is in charge of the programming.  They will make sure the carriage gets done by all the major players.  They have Hulu and Youtube just need Sling from a streaming standpoint.

Seeing on twitter that former Texas RB Cedric Benson was killed in a motorcycle accident this morning
That sucks. My best friend as a kid got killed on 400 a couple of years back on a motorcycle. I get the allure, but there’s no such thing as a fender bender on a bike. 

Backup QB is a RS Freshman who didn't start playing QB full time until his senior year of HS.  Gus' recruiting is ####, but at least his player development sucks also.  FUTURE'S BRIGHT ON THE PLAINS! :mellow:

Bo Nix was named starter and was a 5 star recruit and is a better QB than Gatewood.  His dad was the starter in 94 & 95, plus I know Bo's parents, so excited for them.

#### GUS THOUGH, S.
Omg I thought I knew that name. Christ I’m getting old. 

Backup QB is a RS Freshman who didn't start playing QB full time until his senior year of HS.  Gus' recruiting is ####, but at least his player development sucks also.  FUTURE'S BRIGHT ON THE PLAINS! :mellow:

Bo Nix was named starter and was a 5 star recruit and is a better QB than Gatewood.  His dad was the starter in 94 & 95, plus I know Bo's parents, so excited for them.

#### GUS THOUGH, S.
This should be a fun ride!!! or not.

At some point Gus needs a foot up his butt for wasting teaching opportunities in the 4 game redshirt window for Gatewood last season to prepare him - against the cupcakes he never gave Gatewood much time and never let him throw. Only reason I wanted to stick around for those games and it never materialized. 

At least Nix looked good in the HS games I saw - but his style didn't fit the traditional Cam/Nick QB game IMO. It was closer to Stidham and that style always broke down in the red zone with the old regime's play calling.

We've had success with Bo's in the past however.

Also, Auburn's pre-game eagle flight is cooler than Toomer's, but Toomer's  is better known.
Agree 1000% - always get into the stadium early at Jordan-Hare - it's a never miss in my book.

WDE!

This should be a fun ride!!! or not.

At some point Gus needs a foot up his butt for wasting teaching opportunities in the 4 game redshirt window for Gatewood last season to prepare him - against the cupcakes he never gave Gatewood much time and never let him throw. Only reason I wanted to stick around for those games and it never materialized. 

At least Nix looked good in the HS games I saw - but his style didn't fit the traditional Cam/Nick QB game IMO. It was closer to Stidham and that style always broke down in the red zone with the old regime's play calling.

We've had success with Bo's in the past however.

Agree 1000% - always get into the stadium early at Jordan-Hare - it's a never miss in my book.

WDE!

It's going to be great when we fight.

How did Auburn end up with no upperclassman QBs?

The UF/MIA game has some pretty good hype in O-town...tickets are expensive and there are serious parties lined up tonight. 

The UF/MIA game has some pretty good hype in O-town...tickets are expensive and there are serious parties lined up tonight. 
We're making a day of it.  Headed down to our spot about 6am....wives will bring the kids later in the day.  Hope I make it to kickoff :lol:  

We’ve been talking about going but 800 total for first level seats didn’t make sense. I thought for sure the prices would drop. 

Capella said:
Looks like Gameday was a pretty good scene. 
Someone held up a sign saying it’s really warm here. No doubt. Crew was sweating bullets out in the open at the MK. Oof. Brutal imo.

Users who are viewing this thread