What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (2 Viewers)

Also, it's not just the P5s. Everyone has Media Days this week or the beginning of next ... AAC and C-USA were this week; Sun Belt, MAC and MWC next week.

I was shtick commenting on the fact that media days are so far out in advance and not when it would make sense (during camp).

Spit the hook out, GB. :D
Oh, I know. But I would not be surprised if there are programs that have that attitude. And clearly it's being orchestrated by someone (*cough*ESPN*cough*) since they're all in such proximity on the calendar.

I might.  Wife's family has had season tickets since the program started (not kidding).  I can ask.  Though they all hate ND, so they'd probably want some sort of blood written letter of assurance that you are NOT a ND fan....I'll get back to you.
Wow thanks!! FSU fan so we share Gator hate and definitely not a ND fan. This will be a repeat trip for us since we enjoyed Athens so much in 2016.
Preliminary feelers reveil they might have ONE ticket available....have another friend who's a season ticket holder, but that's an incredibly long long shot...asking him too.

Mike Gundy talking about his kid, who is a rising high school senior QB.   :lmao:

“I told him, if you come to Oklahoma State, I’ll coach you like I do everybody else,” Mike Gundy told The Oklahoman. “If you’re the best player, you’ll play. If not, you won’t play — even though I’m sleeping with your mom.”

Preliminary feelers reveil they might have ONE ticket available....have another friend who's a season ticket holder, but that's an incredibly long long shot...asking him too.
Wow man awesome. I can figure it out from there if possible. Thanks so much for asking!!

Mike Gundy talking about his kid, who is a rising high school senior QB.   :lmao:

“I told him, if you come to Oklahoma State, I’ll coach you like I do everybody else,” Mike Gundy told The Oklahoman. “If you’re the best player, you’ll play. If not, you won’t play — even though I’m sleeping with your mom.”
:lmao:

Mike Gundy and Mike Leach are the gifts that just keep on giving. 

Dickie Dunn said:
@CapellaIf things don't work out for you, I might be able to scare up a couple of extras for Coastal Carolina at UMass. Let me know.
i might be able to work my alumni magic for Grove City - Bethany on September 14th. It's D-3, but beggars can't be choosers, eh?

Capella said:
Wow man awesome. I can figure it out from there if possible. Thanks so much for asking!!
JFC....I think I regret even floating this out there to you....tides have turned as now I am discussing with two women....this isn't going well.  They can't make their own decision to get out of bed in the morning :wall:  

My wife told me just to buy you two tickets :lmao:   

JFC....I think I regret even floating this out there to you....tides have turned as now I am discussing with two women....this isn't going well.  They can't make their own decision to get out of bed in the morning :wall:  

My wife told me just to buy you two tickets :lmao:   
Lmfao. I’m so sorry. 

Yeah, that was another, better consideration.  

Ok St -15.5 seems like stealing.  The Beavers are going to be historically bad. 
Yep.  I keep betting the Beavs under 2.5 wins, and it keeps going the other way.  +120 now.  I'll keep betting it as it gets more +$.  Cal Poly, MAAAAAYBE Hawaii.  That's all I can see for them.

"Smart" money must be thinking they get those two and steal another in conference.  I just can't see it.

ETA: Kansas and Rice unders as well please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moneyline imo.  Otherwise you could lose your bet and the Ducks could still lose.
I am going to the game.  I have been to the last two losses in Dallas, the Ducks are due to win this.  I was confident the last two games so maybe this evens out.  Ducks feast on a freshman QB for 4 turnovers and win by 7.

Don't Noonan said:
I am going to the game.  I have been to the last two losses in Dallas, the Ducks are due to win this.  I was confident the last two games so maybe this evens out.  Ducks feast on a freshman QB for 4 turnovers and win by 7.
Solid logic.  I hope you're right.

Of course.  It is the start of a new year so everyone can be optimistic about their team!
I'm starting to come around on this too.  The OL is legit.  Penei Sewell will be a 1st round pick and he's just a true Soph.  Can the handle Auburn, though?  Last year, I felt like the Ducks tried way to hard to be a smash-mouth, run it into the line team and didn't adjust.  I appreciate that brand of ball, but when it wasn't working, it was horrible to watch.  Agonizing, even.  

What I worry about is the defensive side of things.  I don't know what Auburn has at QB and I won't be able to name any of their skill players, but I'm sure they are all 4 and 5 star guys that will blister the Ducks with speed.  Whatever it is Auburn has on OL I'm sure it's enough to stymie the DL or Oregon.  

Hinges on the development of Herbert.  No more excuses, this is it for him.  Can he lead?  I know he can play, can he lead?  He's got to get over the emotional letdowns that tend to eat him up.  

If this game comes down to kicking, how does Oregon look there?

I'm starting to come around on this too.  The OL is legit.  Penei Sewell will be a 1st round pick and he's just a true Soph.  Can the handle Auburn, though?  Last year, I felt like the Ducks tried way to hard to be a smash-mouth, run it into the line team and didn't adjust.  I appreciate that brand of ball, but when it wasn't working, it was horrible to watch.  Agonizing, even.  

What I worry about is the defensive side of things.  I don't know what Auburn has at QB and I won't be able to name any of their skill players, but I'm sure they are all 4 and 5 star guys that will blister the Ducks with speed.  Whatever it is Auburn has on OL I'm sure it's enough to stymie the DL or Oregon.  

Hinges on the development of Herbert.  No more excuses, this is it for him.  Can he lead?  I know he can play, can he lead?  He's got to get over the emotional letdowns that tend to eat him up.  

If this game comes down to kicking, how does Oregon look there?

Lol.  If it comes down to kicking we are in big trouble!  I have more confidence in the defense than the offense for some reason.  I guess I can't get the bowl game against MSU out of my head.

Herbert will need to perform well and he has the experience.  Hopefully a couple of receivers step up this year.

Lol.  If it comes down to kicking we are in big trouble!  I have more confidence in the defense than the offense for some reason.  I guess I can't get the bowl game against MSU out of my head.

Herbert will need to perform well and he has the experience.  Hopefully a couple of receivers step up this year.
That bowl game was awful, but it was encouraging for the defense.  Do you subscribe to the Athletic?  Good coverage of both teams there.  I'm going to sink my teeth into this one and will have my buddy place a wager for me when he's in Reno later this month (done with offshore books for good).  

Also, I think I said this earlier but it bears repeating - Oklahoma State -15.5 over the Beavers just seems like free money to me.  Should I be worried that I'm that confident?

That bowl game was awful, but it was encouraging for the defense.  Do you subscribe to the Athletic?  Good coverage of both teams there.  I'm going to sink my teeth into this one and will have my buddy place a wager for me when he's in Reno later this month (done with offshore books for good).  

Also, I think I said this earlier but it bears repeating - Oklahoma State -15.5 over the Beavers just seems like free money to me.  Should I be worried that I'm that confident?
No I don't subscribe to the Athletic.  I booked my flight a few weeks ago for Dallas but my brother and I still haven't bought our tickets yet.  Ducks being picked to win the North is cool.

Beavers are going to suck so probably a good bet.

Not sure how much you followed the Big Ten last year, but Michigan State had a very good defense and an absolutely putrid offense. So that may mean Oregon's offense isn't as bad as it looked in that game, and its defense isn't quite as good as it looked.

Sorry I'm late fellas.  

Herbert's last good game away from Autzen was in 2016 @ Utah.  I think I saw this take in The Athletic, but he just seems to play so conservatively on the road/neutral site, like he doesn't have confidence.  So that narrative is going to have to change for Oregon to win this one.  Of course he's going to need some guys to actually catch the ball, which nobody on the roster has done (with him) much.

That being said, I agree that the O-line is going to give Oregon an advantage up front against most teams, even this SEC one. 

Not sure how much you followed the Big Ten last year, but Michigan State had a very good defense and an absolutely putrid offense. So that may mean Oregon's offense isn't as bad as it looked in that game, and its defense isn't quite as good as it looked.
I honestly don't know how to feel about this. :lmao:

Beavers are going to suck bad again but that number has come down from 17 when it opened, so someone likes Oregon State at home there.  Probably their only chance is the frosh qb from Oklahoma State is super uncomfortable coming to Corvallis late on a Friday night for their opening game and plays like poop.  Only problem is that he's supposedly super talented and the Beavers defense was historically bad last year.  So....yeah.  I can't bet on the Beavs, that's for sure. 

Beavers are going to suck bad again but that number has come down from 17 when it opened, so someone likes Oregon State at home there.  Probably their only chance is the frosh qb from Oklahoma State is super uncomfortable coming to Corvallis late on a Friday night for their opening game and plays like poop.  Only problem is that he's supposedly super talented and the Beavers defense was historically bad last year.  So....yeah.  I can't bet on the Beavs, that's for sure. 
Out of 129 teams last year:

Opp Points/Game 47.5 (#129)

Opp Yards/Game 541.4 (#129)

Opp Points/Play 0.659 (#128) - they gave up a TD every 10.6 plays!

Opp Yards/Play 7.5 (#128)

They can't get much worse, but from what I've heard I don't think they'll be much better on that side of the ball, either.

Out of 129 teams last year:

Opp Points/Game 47.5 (#129)

Opp Yards/Game 541.4 (#129)

Opp Points/Play 0.659 (#128) - they gave up a TD every 10.6 plays!

Opp Yards/Play 7.5 (#128)

They can't get much worse, but from what I've heard I don't think they'll be much better on that side of the ball, either.
Exactly.  And they didn't do so hot in recruiting, either.  And I think the fanbase is so demoralized right now that they won't be flocking to Corvallis to watch that game.  School doesn't start for the students until late Sept. so I don't know how hostile the crowd will be for Gundy and co.

Exactly.  And they didn't do so hot in recruiting, either.  And I think the fanbase is so demoralized right now that they won't be flocking to Corvallis to watch that game.  School doesn't start for the students until late Sept. so I don't know how hostile the crowd will be for Gundy and co.
Nothing more depressing than the sound of that chainsaw echoing around an empty Reser Stadium. 

Long Ball Larry said:
I thought this thread title referred to the fact that you will now have some 9 am games...
I love that proposal.  The P-12 has to get creative.  As Wilner and others have written about, there are just so many sociological and demographic factors in the league footprint that they have to overcome to try and stay competitive.  And a 9:00 AM home game (10 AM for Utah and CO) once every three years would be kind of fun.

I love that proposal.  The P-12 has to get creative.  As Wilner and others have written about, there are just so many sociological and demographic factors in the league footprint that they have to overcome to try and stay competitive.  And a 9:00 AM home game (10 AM for Utah and CO) once every three years would be kind of fun.
Yeah I don’t know what to think about it as an east coaster, though.  I’m always looking for late games, but I guess the average fan isn’t really that up for it, so getting them in front of people early is probably good.  I wonder how this will work with tv though, since I assume they will have a lot of big 10 and acc games lined up for the early slots.

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida is hosting an Alabama commitment tonight during its annual Friday Night Lights event.

Four-star defensive tackle Timothy Smith is in the Swamp and is working out for the Gators coaches under the lights. 

Users who are viewing this thread