Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - On Controversy! On Outrage! On Hot Takes! On Overrated! On Underrated! On SEC Honks! HO HO HO!!!

Auburn 2020 schedule goes to move the Georgia game to October and get away from finishing season UGA/Cupcake/BAMA - so new schedule comes out and its Cupcake/LSU/Bama. Not sure that "improves" anything - it might be worse playing LSU week before Iron Bowl instead of cupcake.  Still playing GA away and Bama away. I thought they were working to flip that so it would be split on location.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

Still playing GA away and Bama away. I thought they were working to flip that so it would be split on location.

I think 2025 is the earliest this. An be reworked. At least, that's what I've read. 

We've figured out the solution to Clemson's success.  They used confetti during recruiting visits.  No lie, they self reported this violation.  God bless NCAA rules.

6 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

We've figured out the solution to Clemson's success.  They used confetti during recruiting visits.  No lie, they self reported this violation.  God bless NCAA rules.

T. Lawrence said the confetti shower is what tipped the scales to Clemson during his family visit.  Said he'd wanted one of those since the 5th grade. 

• Like 1

Here's how I expect the Top 25 teams to finish, and what their records will be after the regular season: (Note: I'm leaving out conference championship games because this is only based on the regular season):

1. Alabama (12-0)

2. Clemson (12-0)

3. Georgia (12-0)

4. Oklahoma (12-0)

5. Texas (11-1; Only loss is to Oklahoma)

6. Ohio State (12-0)

7. Notre Dame (11-1; Only loss is to Georgia)

8. LSU (10-2; Losses to Texas, Alabama)

9. Oregon (12-0)

10. Florida (10-2; Losses to LSU, Georgia)

11. Michigan (10-2: Losses to Notre Dame, Ohio State)

12. Washington (11-1; Only loss is to Oregon)

13. Texas A&M (8-4; Losses to Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU)

14. Utah (11-1; Only loss is to Washington)

15. Central Florida (12-0)

16. Penn State (10-2; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State)

17. Auburn (6-6; Losses to Oregon, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama)

18. Iowa (10-2; Losses to Michigan State, Penn State)

19. Wisconsin (9-3; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa)

20. Mississippi State (8-4; Losses to Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama)

21. Michigan State (8-4; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan)

22. Virginia Tech (11-1; Only loss is to Notre Dame)

23. Iowa State (9-3; Losses to Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas)

24. Nebraska (9-3; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa)

25. Stanford (8-4; Losses to Central Florida, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame)

Yes, I believe Auburn will go 6-6 because they have toughest schedule of anyone in college football, but I still see them getting a bowl game because of it.  And that means the SEC Championship Game will be between Georgia and Alabama with Alabama, and yes, I have those two in the college football playoff as well.  The other 2 I have in are Clemson and Oklahoma.

You think 5 P5 teams finish the regular season undefeated?  That seems highly unlikely. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

You think 5 P5 teams finish the regular season undefeated?  That seems highly unlikely. 

6 actually.  plus UCF.

NCAA would love it.  biggest BCS show ratings ever.

26 minutes ago, Yogibear said:

Here's how I expect the Top 25 teams to finish, and what their records will be after the regular season: (Note: I'm leaving out conference championship games because this is only based on the regular season):

1. Alabama (12-0)

2. Clemson (12-0)

3. Georgia (12-0)

4. Oklahoma (12-0)

5. Texas (11-1; Only loss is to Oklahoma)

6. Ohio State (12-0)

7. Notre Dame (11-1; Only loss is to Georgia)

8. LSU (10-2; Losses to Texas, Alabama)

9. Oregon (12-0)

10. Florida (10-2; Losses to LSU, Georgia)

11. Michigan (10-2: Losses to Notre Dame, Ohio State)

12. Washington (11-1; Only loss is to Oregon)

13. Texas A&M (8-4; Losses to Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU)

14. Utah (11-1; Only loss is to Washington)

15. Central Florida (12-0)

16. Penn State (10-2; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State)

17. Auburn (6-6; Losses to Oregon, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama)

18. Iowa (10-2; Losses to Michigan State, Penn State)

19. Wisconsin (9-3; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa)

20. Mississippi State (8-4; Losses to Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama)

21. Michigan State (8-4; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan)

22. Virginia Tech (11-1; Only loss is to Notre Dame)

23. Iowa State (9-3; Losses to Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas)

24. Nebraska (9-3; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa)

25. Stanford (8-4; Losses to Central Florida, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame)

Yes, I believe Auburn will go 6-6 because they have toughest schedule of anyone in college football, but I still see them getting a bowl game because of it.  And that means the SEC Championship Game will be between Georgia and Alabama with Alabama, and yes, I have those two in the college football playoff as well.  The other 2 I have in are Clemson and Oklahoma.

If Oregon goes undefeated I'm going to poop my pants.

8 minutes ago, facook said:

And I will wear said pants to college playoff game if it happens

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Zero chance of 6 teams going undefeated. Slim chance of even 2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facook said:

54 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

And I will wear said pants to college playoff game if it happens

Recorded! 

I think Oregon can beat Auburn.  I'm not going to bet that way, but I think they've got a chance.  

I do NOT think Oregon will survive the Washington/Washington State gamut in back to back weeks.  

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Recorded! 

I think Oregon can beat Auburn.  I'm not going to bet that way, but I think they've got a chance.  

I do NOT think Oregon will survive the Washington/Washington State gamut in back to back weeks.  

Flying to Dallas 3 weeks from today!

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Flying to Dallas 3 weeks from today!

I'd tell you where to go to have fun, but I don't think we like the same things!  ;)

Where you staying?

14 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I'd tell you where to go to have fun, but I don't think we like the same things!  ;)

Where you staying?

Honestly not sure, I think at a Hilton in Arlington.  My brother made the reservation and I am staying with him.

26 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Honestly not sure, I think at a Hilton in Arlington.  My brother made the reservation and I am staying with him.

Well, if you like sandwiches, you can do a lot worse than this place in Grapevine.  One of the best Debris Po'Boys I've ever had.

Going to go out on a limb and guess you have no idea what that is. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Well, if you like sandwiches, you can do a lot worse than this place in Grapevine.  One of the best Debris Po'Boys I've ever had.

Going to go out on a limb and guess you have no idea what that is. 

Thanks.  Yeah, no idea what that is.  I looked at the menu and didn't see anything called Po'Boys.  I like sandwiches though!

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Recorded! 

Agreed, on both counts. I’d bet 2 losses, even with a win in week 1. One of @UW/WSU, and one of @Stan/@ASU.  

2 hours ago, Capella said:

Six is a bit much, but last year there were four unbeatens going into the bowls/playoffs ... Clemson, Bama, Notre Dame and UCF. That was the most since 2010 (Auburn, Oregon, TCU).

19 hours ago, Capella said:

Especially since last year was the highest with four. 

:sehorn: 

On 8/9/2019 at 3:50 PM, General Malaise said:

Recorded! 

I am betting that way. I am a complete homer, but I think this season might be magical if Herbert can stay healthy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capella said:

They have to fix that. 

They won't

10 hours ago, Capella said:

They have to fix that. 

If only ESPN had someone at Disney they could talk to about this...

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Going to Disney is a cool idea but who is paying admission to Disney to hang out at the Gameday set?

We have annual passes and will probably be in Orlando for the game anyways so we were discussing going... but sounds like you won’t be able to access the set. The area they are talking about setting them up at is elevated above the rest of the park (where people go to get away from crowds during fireworks) so they’ll likely have fans blocked off. 

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

We have annual passes and will probably be in Orlando for the game anyways so we were discussing going... but sounds like you won’t be able to access the set. The area they are talking about setting them up at is elevated above the rest of the park (where people go to get away from crowds during fireworks) so they’ll likely have fans blocked off. 

I'm trying to think about how they'd pull this off.  They're talking about being at the train station at the entry of MK, right?  GD comes on at 9am...that's when the park opens.  I can't begin to fathom a large group of people congregating right there in that little square as the masses begin to come in to start their day.  My initial thought is this is the dumbest thing they could do.

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

I'm trying to think about how they'd pull this off.  They're talking about being at the train station at the entry of MK, right?  GD comes on at 9am...that's when the park opens.  I can't begin to fathom a large group of people congregating right there in that little square as the masses begin to come in to start their day.  My initial thought is this is the dumbest thing they could do.

Probably just have people there moving them along I guess? Yea I don’t really know. Maybe they’ll open the park at 8.

55 minutes ago, Capella said:

That makes sense for you since you have a pass and it doesn't cost you extra.  That's probably the case for a decent amount of Miami/Florida fans too. 

I've been to gameday once and it was a cool experience to see in person.  I even made my way up to the front row but we weren't THAT close to the stage anyway.  The little side prop field where Rinaldi and gang do a couple of features was cool.  It was more interactive during the commercials.  When they were live on air most people were just watching on the big screens they have setup.  

I'm a little surprised they aren't using the castle for the set for the space.

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

That makes sense for you since you have a pass and it doesn't cost you extra.  That's probably the case for a decent amount of Miami/Florida fans too. 

I've been to gameday once and it was a cool experience to see in person.  I even made my way up to the front row but we weren't THAT close to the stage anyway.  The little side prop field where Rinaldi and gang do a couple of features was cool.  It was more interactive during the commercials.  When they were live on air most people were just watching on the big screens they have setup.  

I'm a little surprised they aren't using the castle for the set for the space.

I imagine if they did it on the castle stage you wouldn’t be able to see the castle up close, which is probably the only reason they are doing this. It should be right behind them elevated like they are. Gonna be dumb. 

5 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

SI's list of 10 best college football traditions

How does the turnover chain even make the top 100? I get it, it's cool and all, but it's literally been around for only two years.

The RV parking lot at Penn State is more iconic that a stupid chain. :loco:

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, Ramblin Wreck said:

Going to Disney is a cool idea but who is paying admission to Disney to hang out at the Gameday set?

Disney found a way to screw up Star Wars; this is easy by comparison.

• Love 1

Yogi, come home...

9 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

How does the turnover chain even make the top 100? I get it, it's cool and all, but it's literally been around for only two years.

They are debuting something new *IF* the UF game goes as they need it.  Anxious to see the reaction...not so much from here, which is clearly NOT the target market!

11 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

How does clanga make it?  I turn off the sound if I watch them on TV.  I can't imagine anyone enjoying that in person.

• Like 2