What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (2 Viewers)

@Bfarrell727: How can you not feel good for Kyle Trask. The guy has been through a coaching change, two season-ending injuries, and  sitting on the bench for two years only to come through when he finally gets his chance. Regardless of how he does the rest of the year, it's a great story.

Yes. Games are a half-hour longer because of it. We all lived just fine without incessant replays every game. 
Just roll with a challenge system and forget about the ref being able to get buzzed down on any play. Then just get the call communicated to the ref by the guys watching on 70" screens and save all that time from the ref staring into an iPad.

Enormous time saved right there.

What is this arm tape all the skill guys wear supposed to do?
https://kinesiotaping.com/about/what-is-kinesio-tape/

"Kinesio Tape alleviates discomfort and facilitates lymphatic drainage by microscopically lifting the skin. This lifting affect forms convolutions in the skin thus increasing interstitial space and allowing for a decrease in inflammation, reducing pressure while enabling a more effective flow of lymphatic fluid in and out of the target area."

:shrug:

Totally agree. They got screwed by the clock. 

But still didn't like the play call.
Was there even time for a call to come in from the sideline there? I just assumed Blackman was winging it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Who actually operates the clock?  I know people always joke about the home operator, but surely it’s a ref of some sort, right?
It’s the home guy but the refs keep it on the field as well and can overrule them. Obviously it just got missed. 

Florida lets 30 seconds run off the clock for no reason

Kentucky snaps it with 8 seconds on the play clock

not sure which coach is more dumb
I actually like using only 2 timeouts there (was saying it at the time so it's not just hindsight).

1:10 and 1 timeout is plenty of time in college, especially when you only need a FG at most. And that still leaves the door open for the clock helping you if they miss the fg (which they did). That last possession for UK would have been a lot different if they had an extra 40 seconds. 

I mean this is the difference between maybe the belk bowl and the gasprailla bowl or the gasparilla bowl and no bowl so I can’t really be too upset. If this were 4 years ago I’d be livid. 

Who actually operates the clock?  I know people always joke about the home operator, but surely it’s a ref of some sort, right?
Unless things have changed it's literally just some random guy on the home athletic program's staff. 

I got to operate the UF clock once (and other sports many times) when I was working for the UF athletic association for 7 bucks an hour on the help desk staff when I was in school. 

Unless things have changed its literally just some random guy on the home athletic program's staff. 

I got to operate the UF clock once (and other sports many times) when I was working for the UF athletic association for 7 bucks an hour when I was in school. 
5 billion dollar business. Love it. 

Unless things have changed it's literally just some random guy on the home athletic program's staff. 

I got to operate the UF clock once (and other sports many times) when I was working for the UF athletic association for 7 bucks an hour on the help desk staff when I was in school. 

I thought that changed after Spartan Bob. And now they have a clock official.

Maybe that is conference by conference.

Maryland/Temple was an ugly, ugly game.

Temple's D was the best unit on the field, but MD blew a zillion chances to steal the game. They STARTED 3 drives in the Red Zone and got zero points out of those drives. They ran a fake FG Stevie Wonder could have seen coming. The passing game was all out of kilter.

Takes a bit of shine off of the Friday night game vs PSU (who got lucky yesterday due to Pitt's idiocy) in a couple of weeks, but it still should be a fun night at Byrd. 

Thank god for that penalty. I don’t want to watch more of this. Just miss this and get it over with, mercifully.
Good Call  :thumbup:

I wish they would have won so coach D could have retired Sunday morning. Get the altime win mark and then ride off into the sunset. Love coach D and where he’s taken the program the last decade but this is now 4 years of the same #### offense. Nothing has changed except rearranging of the deck chairs on the titanic.

Interesting that Trevor Lawrence already has more picks than he did last year.  I'm sure he'll tighten up, but pretty loose with the ball in the early going.

Interesting that Trevor Lawrence already has more picks than he did last year.  I'm sure he'll tighten up, but pretty loose with the ball in the early going.
I mean really they have almost no chance of losing any game on their schedule so may as well try some things out.   

I believe this is still correct.  Usually someone loosely affiliated with the athletics department for the home team.

One of the refs on the field keeps time as well, I don't remember which one....back judge or something.  

Their second string would make it through that schedule just fine. Of course if he makes it a habit it'll bite him when it matters. 

Yeah, not buying the kid coming up with this on his own.

Grayton’s father – FSU graduate and Platinum Chief Daniel Grant - teamed up with his son. He matched the total and stroked a check for $482 to Seminole Boosters, Inc.
While funny, the kid has to be at least 8 or 10 for this shtick to be believable.

@chrisfallica: In Michigan State's last 5 games vs Power 5 teams (OSU, NEB, RUT, ORE, ASU), the Spartans offense has 3 TD and 9 TO in 67 drives. 1 80 yard drive. Held to single digits in 4 of 5 games. 0 TD in 3 of 5 games. 14 points at Rutgers the most in span.

@chrisfallica: In Michigan State's last 5 games vs Power 5 teams (OSU, NEB, RUT, ORE, ASU), the Spartans offense has 3 TD and 9 TO in 67 drives. 1 80 yard drive. Held to single digits in 4 of 5 games. 0 TD in 3 of 5 games. 14 points at Rutgers the most in span.
Yea. Welcome to the last 4 years of Spartan football. 

mr. furley said:
guy could have bought lots of drugs
Or paid for one whole year of his education!

Just to rub it in a little to you yungins, I paid $27.50 per credit hour for 1000/2000 level courses and $47.50 per credit hour for 3000/4000 level courses.  :clyde:

Dantonio knew

Three Michigan State staff members, including defensive tackles coach Ron Burton and current quarterbacks coach and former offensive coordinator Dave Warner, warned head coach Mark Dantonio multiple times that big-time recruit Auston Robertson presented serious problems, before Dantonio green-lighted the signing anyway, according to a deposition given by fired staffer Curtis Blackwell.

---

"Ron Burton looked at me," Blackwell said in his deposition, given under oath. "I mean, what he said to Coach Dantonio and Dave, 'Like I have a daughter on that campus and I wouldn't feel comfortable with Auston Robertson being on campus with my daughter."

Robertson eventually came to Michigan State, despite previous sexual misconduct claims in his home state of Indiana, and being kicked off his high school team and out of school during his senior year in Fort Wayne. 

Robertson was kicked off the MSU team in April 2017, after allegedly raping a woman in her mid-Michigan apartment. While awaiting trial, he was allowed to try to resurrect his career at Garden City Community College in Kansas, where he played a full year, but more legal issues saw him break probation, he was brought back to Michigan, and in December in Lansing, he was sentenced to up to 10 years in prison after pleading down from rape to a lesser charge.

Users who are viewing this thread