What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (1 Viewer)

Here's how I expect the Top 25 teams to finish, and what their records will be after the regular season: (Note: I'm leaving out conference championship games because this is only based on the regular season):

1. Alabama (12-0)

2. Clemson (12-0)

3. Georgia (12-0)

4. Oklahoma (12-0)

5. Texas (11-1; Only loss is to Oklahoma)

6. Ohio State (12-0)

7. Notre Dame (11-1; Only loss is to Georgia)

8. LSU (10-2; Losses to Texas, Alabama)

9. Oregon (12-0)

10. Florida (10-2; Losses to LSU, Georgia)

11. Michigan (10-2: Losses to Notre Dame, Ohio State)

12. Washington (11-1; Only loss is to Oregon)

13. Texas A&M (8-4; Losses to Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU)

14. Utah (11-1; Only loss is to Washington)

15. Central Florida (12-0)

16. Penn State (10-2; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State)

17. Auburn (6-6; Losses to Oregon, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama)

18. Iowa (10-2; Losses to Michigan State, Penn State)

19. Wisconsin (9-3; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa)

20. Mississippi State (8-4; Losses to Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama)

21. Michigan State (8-4; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan)

22. Virginia Tech (11-1; Only loss is to Notre Dame)

23. Iowa State (9-3; Losses to Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas)

24. Nebraska (9-3; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa)

25. Stanford (8-4; Losses to Central Florida, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame)

Yes, I believe Auburn will go 6-6 because they have toughest schedule of anyone in college football, but I still see them getting a bowl game because of it.  And that means the SEC Championship Game will be between Georgia and Alabama with Alabama, and yes, I have those two in the college football playoff as well.  The other 2 I have in are Clemson and Oklahoma.

Here's how I expect the Top 25 teams to finish, and what their records will be after the regular season: (Note: I'm leaving out conference championship games because this is only based on the regular season):

1. Alabama (12-0)

2. Clemson (12-0)

3. Georgia (12-0)

4. Oklahoma (12-0)

5. Texas (11-1; Only loss is to Oklahoma)

6. Ohio State (12-0)

7. Notre Dame (11-1; Only loss is to Georgia)

8. LSU (10-2; Losses to Texas, Alabama)

9. Oregon (12-0)

10. Florida (10-2; Losses to LSU, Georgia)

11. Michigan (10-2: Losses to Notre Dame, Ohio State)

12. Washington (11-1; Only loss is to Oregon)

13. Texas A&M (8-4; Losses to Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, LSU)

14. Utah (11-1; Only loss is to Washington)

15. Central Florida (12-0)

16. Penn State (10-2; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State)

17. Auburn (6-6; Losses to Oregon, Texas A&M, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Alabama)

18. Iowa (10-2; Losses to Michigan State, Penn State)

19. Wisconsin (9-3; Losses to Michigan, Ohio State, Iowa)

20. Mississippi State (8-4; Losses to Auburn, Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama)

21. Michigan State (8-4; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan)

22. Virginia Tech (11-1; Only loss is to Notre Dame)

23. Iowa State (9-3; Losses to Iowa, Oklahoma, Texas)

24. Nebraska (9-3; Losses to Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa)

25. Stanford (8-4; Losses to Central Florida, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame)

Yes, I believe Auburn will go 6-6 because they have toughest schedule of anyone in college football, but I still see them getting a bowl game because of it.  And that means the SEC Championship Game will be between Georgia and Alabama with Alabama, and yes, I have those two in the college football playoff as well.  The other 2 I have in are Clemson and Oklahoma.
If Oregon goes undefeated I'm going to poop my pants.

Well, if you like sandwiches, you can do a lot worse than this place in Grapevine.  One of the best Debris Po'Boys I've ever had.

Going to go out on a limb and guess you have no idea what that is. 
Thanks.  Yeah, no idea what that is.  I looked at the menu and didn't see anything called Po'Boys.  I like sandwiches though!

Recorded! 

I think Oregon can beat Auburn.  I'm not going to bet that way, but I think they've got a chance.  

I do NOT think Oregon will survive the Washington/Washington State gamut in back to back weeks.  
Agreed, on both counts. I’d bet 2 losses, even with a win in week 1. One of @UW/WSU, and one of @Stan/@ASU.  

Zero chance of 6 teams going undefeated. Slim chance of even 2. 
Six is a bit much, but last year there were four unbeatens going into the bowls/playoffs ... Clemson, Bama, Notre Dame and UCF. That was the most since 2010 (Auburn, Oregon, TCU).

Recorded! 

I think Oregon can beat Auburn.  I'm not going to bet that way, but I think they've got a chance.  

I do NOT think Oregon will survive the Washington/Washington State gamut in back to back weeks.  
I am betting that way. I am a complete homer, but I think this season might be magical if Herbert can stay healthy.

Going to Disney is a cool idea but who is paying admission to Disney to hang out at the Gameday set?
We have annual passes and will probably be in Orlando for the game anyways so we were discussing going... but sounds like you won’t be able to access the set. The area they are talking about setting them up at is elevated above the rest of the park (where people go to get away from crowds during fireworks) so they’ll likely have fans blocked off. 

We have annual passes and will probably be in Orlando for the game anyways so we were discussing going... but sounds like you won’t be able to access the set. The area they are talking about setting them up at is elevated above the rest of the park (where people go to get away from crowds during fireworks) so they’ll likely have fans blocked off. 
I'm trying to think about how they'd pull this off.  They're talking about being at the train station at the entry of MK, right?  GD comes on at 9am...that's when the park opens.  I can't begin to fathom a large group of people congregating right there in that little square as the masses begin to come in to start their day.  My initial thought is this is the dumbest thing they could do.

I'm trying to think about how they'd pull this off.  They're talking about being at the train station at the entry of MK, right?  GD comes on at 9am...that's when the park opens.  I can't begin to fathom a large group of people congregating right there in that little square as the masses begin to come in to start their day.  My initial thought is this is the dumbest thing they could do.
Probably just have people there moving them along I guess? Yea I don’t really know. Maybe they’ll open the park at 8.

That makes sense for you since you have a pass and it doesn't cost you extra.  That's probably the case for a decent amount of Miami/Florida fans too. 

I've been to gameday once and it was a cool experience to see in person.  I even made my way up to the front row but we weren't THAT close to the stage anyway.  The little side prop field where Rinaldi and gang do a couple of features was cool.  It was more interactive during the commercials.  When they were live on air most people were just watching on the big screens they have setup.  

I'm a little surprised they aren't using the castle for the set for the space.

That makes sense for you since you have a pass and it doesn't cost you extra.  That's probably the case for a decent amount of Miami/Florida fans too. 

I've been to gameday once and it was a cool experience to see in person.  I even made my way up to the front row but we weren't THAT close to the stage anyway.  The little side prop field where Rinaldi and gang do a couple of features was cool.  It was more interactive during the commercials.  When they were live on air most people were just watching on the big screens they have setup.  

I'm a little surprised they aren't using the castle for the set for the space.
I imagine if they did it on the castle stage you wouldn’t be able to see the castle up close, which is probably the only reason they are doing this. It should be right behind them elevated like they are. Gonna be dumb. 

The chain is cool as hell but putting it on your list of top-10 traditions is just trying to piss twitter off for clicks. 
They perfected an existing idea...Bama had the Belt and an Axe a few years earlier...but the chain is the great execution and the perfect fit for that program and fanbase.  On that note, is the Turnover Back Pack around this year?

Been getting many ACCN emails lately from ESPN.  I'll be going to the UF vs Miami game, but I was looking to see what channels it was going to be on.  How is ACCN not on Comcast or even Dish?  And they just "scored" spectrum two days ago?  In the area they are on Directv, hulu, youtube tv and vue.  

Cappy....I think I am tapping out on this ND vs UGA saga.  I've been pressing for weeks, but these yahoos can't make decisions and it makes me want to kick the dog.  I'm going to ask a couple more times, but it's not looking good unfortunately.  The other ticket that might have been in play isn't.  This would be my only shot now.

Cappy....I think I am tapping out on this ND vs UGA saga.  I've been pressing for weeks, but these yahoos can't make decisions and it makes me want to kick the dog.  I'm going to ask a couple more times, but it's not looking good unfortunately.  The other ticket that might have been in play isn't.  This would be my only shot now.
Ah man I appreciate the effort. Really do. I think we may just buy off Stubhub. Lmk if I can ever do anything for you. 

Users who are viewing this thread