What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 College football thread - It's 2020, yo. Go to the new thread. (8 Viewers)

Huh....I'm looking forward to Oregon/Auburn, the Holy War with Utah/BYU, Pac-12 After Dark with USC and Fresno St.  :shrug:

Also hoping Ok St. wins by 16 or more on Friday vs Oregon State.  Like, really hoping. :oldunsure:
Those games are fine! But there’s no on paper top-10 matchup on there. Maybe in hindsight there will be. 

I was just looking for Clemson-GA Tech and realized that is on the ACC Network, which I don’t get with Comcast.  Any free streaming options that people are doing?  That should be a lot more interesting than the UCLA-Cincy game that I’m currently watching.

This.

@ChrisVannini: Wired: Hasselbeck and McAfee sound so alike that it's like one knowledgeable and energetic color commentator with Adam Amin. So it's a two-man booth anyway.

Bama's 2 starting MLBs already out for the season with knee injuries. Two Freshman take over.  Yea I know...pity us...4-5 stars slide in...but when your expectation is CFP or bust, and your D is complicated and demands experienced leadership to work...it's as much of a preseason disaster as you can have (minus a Tua injury).

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse performance by a college football quarterback than Dorian Thompson Robinson tonight. As bad as it gets. 

Its going to be a long year....

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse performance by a college football quarterback than Dorian Thompson Robinson tonight. As bad as it gets. 

Its going to be a long year....
i only caught the last few minutes.  Was he under that much pressure all night?

i only caught the last few minutes.  Was he under that much pressure all night?
No. Not at all. 

Two of his turnovers were fumbles without being touched; he simply left the ball behind. The other two turnovers were picks that were underthrown and overthrown (the overthrown one by about 20 yards) without any pressure. Virtually every thrown was bad, even the long touchdown; the WR had to adjust to catch it. I think he ended up 8 for 25. 

It was beyond terrible. 

Surprised they still allow rushing the field like that.  I could see them letting the fans on the field but jumping the walls sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I was just looking for Clemson-GA Tech and realized that is on the ACC Network, which I don’t get with Comcast.  Any free streaming options that people are doing?  That should be a lot more interesting than the UCLA-Cincy game that I’m currently watching.
Assuming you didn't find a stream you didn't miss ANYTHING

My god, Utah is atrocious on offense.  This was the overwhelming choice to win the horrendous Pac12.  Wow.....

Going to sell my house and bet Auburn. 

Utah -5.5
OK State -15.5 :bag:

Oregon +3
UCLA +3

Heavy on the Cowpokes, but I bet that way too early (had a buddy lay 'em down in Tahoe couple weeks back).  

My god, Utah is atrocious on offense.  This was the overwhelming choice to win the horrendous Pac12.  Wow.....

Going to sell my house and bet Auburn. 
Told ya maing.  401(k) on Auburn ML.  If Auburn wins, you're rich(ish).  If Oregon wins, :confetti:. 

Bama's 2 starting MLBs already out for the season with knee injuries. Two Freshman take over.  Yea I know...pity us...4-5 stars slide in...but when your expectation is CFP or bust, and your D is complicated and demands experienced leadership to work...it's as much of a preseason disaster as you can have (minus a Tua injury).
Look, at this point you’re the Patriots of college football. 

If you’re looking for sympathy, try the dictionary. 

Surprised they still allow rushing the field like that.  I could see them letting the fans on the field but jumping the walls sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.
They actually announce that you are not allowed to jump the wall and they have security lining it. People still do it of course, but they try to stop it from happening. They open the gates at the bottom of the hill and direct people that way. 

No ####. Bama and Clemson have been so good the last 5-10 years, OU gets made fun of for not being able to win a playoff game.

I do get what he’s saying about CFP or bust. I’m not for a second going to complain about winning titles or being really good, but it’s a different kind of enjoyment.  It sucks that everyone is pulling against you all the time. I understand it, but it still kind of sucks.  There’s also an underlying tension with every game. You not only have to win, you often have to win big or people start talking about it.  There was a pleasure in watching the teams that went 7-4 and getting excited about a close win vs GT or playing against a top dog and maybe pulling off the upset. 

I do get what he’s saying about CFP or bust. I’m not for a second going to complain about winning titles or being really good, but it’s a different kind of enjoyment.  It sucks that everyone is pulling against you all the time. I understand it, but it still kind of sucks.  There’s also an underlying tension with every game. You not only have to win, you often have to win big or people start talking about it.  There was a pleasure in watching the teams that went 7-4 and getting excited about a close win vs GT or playing against a top dog and maybe pulling off the upset. 
I don't think Clemson is nearly as disliked in the greater college football fandom as Alabama.  At least within my circle of friends and family in Oregon, we're all very happy Clemson has punched the bully back several times.  Dabo is also a popular figure around here while Saban is rightly reviled.

I don't think Clemson is nearly as disliked in the greater college football fandom as Alabama.  At least within my circle of friends and family in Oregon, we're all very happy Clemson has punched the bully back several times.  Dabo is also a popular figure around here while Saban is rightly reviled.
Maybe it’s just living around Atlanta. Tons of UGA, Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee fans. What you’ll find is that if you’re not a Bama fan, you’re an SEC fan and live vicariously through their recent successes. If you’re not SEC, you’re not playing as hard of teams and talked down upon. 

No sympathy needed, just sharing some insight...I think Duke is a pretty good pick (depending on how much the line moved down for you)...and despite an easy OOC schedule, I don't think Bama goes undefeated in the regular season.

I wanted to see if a night of sleep would make me feel better about UCLA. 

It hasn’t. 

That was a simply dreadful performance. And I have to wonder about Chip Kelly. He is making $23 million (I think he is the highest paid public employee in California history) for this crap? 

I wanted to see if a night of sleep would make me feel better about UCLA. 

It hasn’t. 

That was a simply dreadful performance. And I have to wonder about Chip Kelly. He is making $23 million (I think he is the highest paid public employee in California history) for this crap? 
He’s an awful recruiter, and as has been mentioned here, is about 90% of winning games. 

If you aren’t recruiting you aren’t winning. Period. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ucla took 21 recruits last year. Only one was a blue chip. /poop emoji

Last edited by a moderator:
Still you would think they have to get better players than Cincinnati gets. So it’s not all recruiting; it’s also coaching. 

Tom Servo said:
BTW, is Georgia Tech allergic to throwing the ball? 
Well it was first game transitioning from triple option so it's expected they will still run a lot.  But last night I think Collins thought he could use ball control to run the clock and limit Clemson's possessions to prevent a total ### whipping.  And it actually wasn't that bad until they turned it over twice inside their own 20 and gave up a 90 yard td run.  Tobias Oliver can't throw worth a damn.  Lucas Johnson supposedly is okay but only played the end of half two minute drill.  James Graham is probably the best passer and the one I hope starts playing moving forward.   

bigmarc27 said:
Mind you, I'm not necessarily cracking on you or @[icon] - because I enjoy watching both of you play as a college football fan. As a Penn State fan, I will admit to being a tad jealous.

I can understand how sustained success can warp your enjoyment of the game.

Well it was first game transitioning from triple option so it's expected they will still run a lot.  But last night I think Collins thought he could use ball control to run the clock and limit Clemson's possessions to prevent a total ### whipping.  And it actually wasn't that bad until they turned it over twice inside their own 20 and gave up a 90 yard td run.  Tobias Oliver can't throw worth a damn.  Lucas Johnson supposedly is okay but only played the end of half two minute drill.  James Graham is probably the best passer and the one I hope starts playing moving forward.   
I can see that. It's just that even in the second quarter when they're sitting on the goal line, they didn't even attempt the usual throw on third down. I understand slowing the game down, but at some point you gotta let the kid toss one up, even if the route is simple.

Users who are viewing this thread