Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - Utah moves up to a deluxe CFP apartment...in the sky-ay-ay.

Posted (edited)

There.

Edited by Tom Servo

:mellow: guess this takes something off my shtick plate 

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Capella said:

:mellow: guess this takes something off my shtick plate 

If it makes you feel any better, I do this for my Cleveland Indians threaed.

• Thinking 1

@ChrisVannini: UCF fans won't like hearing this, but for all their complaints about 2-for-1s, USF has Alabama, Florida and Miami coming to town in the future. 

Yes, it's a little different w/ USF playing in an NFL stadium (many road team fans), but this is how you get those opportunities.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

That sound you heard was the collective exploding of UCF fans' heads.

@USFFootball: 🚨 SCHEDULE ALERT 🚨
BAMA!
3-game series starts in Tampa in 2023

Details: https://bit.ly/2WmcqaL
Season Tix: http://USFBullsTix.com

#BullStrong 🤘💪 https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/1131590874389811200/photo/1

Holy #### 

@budelliott3 UCF with its 1-1 demand is the dude with his house on Zillow for 1000 days no price drop thinking it'll sell any day now.

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1

Best part is this tweet was met by derision or "only if our game is on campus:"by UCF fans. 

Delusional. 

@ChrisVannini: Honestly curious from UCF fans here, if Alabama offered a 2-for-1 with the Citrus Bowl, would you take it? Poll:

16 minutes ago, Instinctive said:

3-games to get whooped IMO

No doubt. Really it's more about trying to prove relative worth of program when the next round of conference alignment or playoff expansion happens.

For USF at least, moral victories would be in play.

6 hours ago, Instinctive said:

Getting Bama to come to your yard is a big get on their part.  Between UF, Bama and Miami - if you can steal 2-3 wins between them, you won this IMO. 

6 hours ago, JaxBill said:

No doubt. Really it's more about trying to prove relative worth of program when the next round of conference alignment or playoff expansion happens.

Definitely no down side here. I love the fact they’re aiming high. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Instinctive said:

Oh really I thought for sure they’d be favored in two of them. 

• Like 1

Yea sure. I'll be back in the fall for the return of PSU irrelevance. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Capella said:

@budelliott3 UCF with its 1-1 demand is the dude with his house on Zillow for 1000 days no price drop thinking it'll sell any day now.

Worst part of living in central florida...well, that and ####### hurricane season.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 1:42 PM, JaxBill said:

"To be the best you have to play the best ... anytime anywhere"

@USFFootball: Come be great! #Bullstrong 🤘💪 https://twitter.com/USFFootball/status/1132013063643602944/photo/1

Edited by JaxBill
  • Like 1

Basically USF is taking the tactics that UCF should have. ( And UCF probably in better position to do)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaxBill said:

Basically USF is taking the tactics that UCF should have. ( And UCF probably in better position to do)

Who knows where they will be in 4 years. Ucf just had an 0-fer a few seasons ago. 

3 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Repeat national champs make concessions to no one.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Art Briles has been hired by a North Texas high school.

They tried to news dump the announcement 2 hours before graduation ceremony at dinner time before holiday weekend. 

@MicahFleet: Full release from @MtVernonISD about hiring former Baylor football coach Art Briles as their head football coach https://twitter.com/MicahFleet/status/1132068216505806850/photo/1

2 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Art Briles has been hired by a North Texas high school.

They tried to news dump the announcement 2 hours before graduation ceremony at dinner time before holiday weekend. 

@MicahFleet: Full release from @MtVernonISD about hiring former Baylor football coach Art Briles as their head football coach https://twitter.com/MicahFleet/status/1132068216505806850/photo/1

That is completely insane. If my kid went to that school, I'd be really pissed.

I’ve heard the UCF attitude is consistent thru much of the Ath Dept...now it’s hurting momentum vs their biggest rival (not UF).

19 hours ago, gump said:

I’ve heard the UCF attitude is consistent thru much of the Ath Dept...now it’s hurting momentum vs their biggest rival (not UF).

I'm a USF fan in this beef. 

@MikeLeslieWFAA: Mount Vernon ISD Supt Jason McCullough says that they “vetted coach [Art] Briles to the best of our ability.”

Did that vetting include talking with any of the victims?

No.

Any one from the NCAA?

No, other than fmr Baylor coach Grant Teaff.

Then what vetting did you do? https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1133449146969546752/video/1

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@MikeLeslieWFAA: Mount Vernon ISD Supt Jason McCullough says that they “vetted coach [Art] Briles to the best of our ability.”

No.

Any one from the NCAA?

Then what vetting did you do? https://twitter.com/MikeLeslieWFAA/status/1133449146969546752/video/1

Wow....

@Brett_McMurphy: This fall marks 1st time every SEC coach returns from previous season since 2006. SEC coaches back in 2006:

Rich Brooks, Sylvester Croom, Phil Fulmer, Bobby Johnson, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Ed Orgeron, Mark Richt, Mike Shula, Steve Spurrier, Tommy Tuberville

• Like 1

No.

Any one from the NCAA?

His points per game

• Like 1

@Brett_McMurphy: This fall marks 1st time every SEC coach returns from previous season since 2006. SEC coaches back in 2006:

Rich Brooks, Sylvester Croom, Phil Fulmer, Bobby Johnson, Urban Meyer, Les Miles, Houston Nutt, Ed Orgeron, Mark Richt, Mike Shula, Steve Spurrier, Tommy Tuberville

Who had Ed Orgeron as last man standing in conference?

Herm Edwards brought Marvin Lewis on board at ASU. I'm thinking this is just their way of retiring in Scottsdale. 

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Why yes children, you absolutely may have a cookie.  It's right over there across the moat with snakes and alligators, on top of the castle guarded by dragons.  Help yourself!

Baby steps.

13 minutes ago, psychobillies said:

Baby steps.

I will say the ability to purchase beer in Autzen is an awesome addition.  Used to have run into the indoor practice center and had to finish them inside there before dashing back to your seats.   Now, they treat us like grown-ups and it's quite nice!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I will say the ability to purchase beer in Autzen is an awesome addition.  Used to have run into the indoor practice center and had to finish them inside there before dashing back to your seats.   Now, they treat us like grown-ups and it's quite nice!

I sit at the very top section of Tiger Stadium.  They sell beer and wine and give you free food.  It's a fairly new development and I go to more games now because of it.  They have been expanding alcohol sales ever since, and I think it's just a matter of time before they just sell it everywhere.   If they want people to come and stay, let them get drunk.

21 hours ago, psychobillies said:

I sit at the very top section of Tiger Stadium.  They sell beer and wine and give you free food.  It's a fairly new development and I go to more games now because of it.  They have been expanding alcohol sales ever since, and I think it's just a matter of time before they just sell it everywhere.   If they want people to come and stay, let them get drunk.

Buddy and I were talking about the top college stadiums we'd like to visit before we're ashes.  I put Tiger Stadium at the top of my list.  Biggest regret of my life was not going to a game there when I was in Jackson.  Plenty of fraternity brothers with LSU ties.  Big miss on my part.  

Have gone to a Saints/Cowboys game though.  That was awesome!  

On 5/31/2019 at 1:57 PM, General Malaise said:

Buddy and I were talking about the top college stadiums we'd like to visit before we're ashes.  I put Tiger Stadium at the top of my list.  Biggest regret of my life was not going to a game there when I was in Jackson.  Plenty of fraternity brothers with LSU ties.  Big miss on my part.  

Let me know when you're coming, I'll make sure y'all get fed and drunk.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, General Malaise said:

If I'm going to an SEC game, it's either LSU or Alabama.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

If I'm going to an SEC game, it's either LSU or Alabama.

I think Georgia would be fun too.  And Auburn.  Always wonder what my life would have been like if I went to Auburn.  I thought about it long and hard, but when I visited, I didn't love it.  

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, General Malaise said:

I think Georgia would be fun too.  And Auburn.  Always wonder what my life would have been like if I went to Auburn.  I thought about it long and hard, but when I visited, I didn't love it.  

Georgia is great, Tennessee is great even Florida is great. Doubt you could find one that sucked. 

Think I enjoyed Tennessee the most. 

Edited by Capella

19 minutes ago, Capella said:

Georgia is great, Tennessee is great even Florida is great. Doubt you could find one that sucked. 

Cowbells in Starkville would be a no go.

8 minutes ago, ffldrew said:

Cowbells in Starkville would be a no go.

The Grove in Oxford is a go

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Capella said:

Were you tailgating/partying by the river? That would probably make the experience for me. Hearing endless repetition of Rocky Top probably wouldn't. :loco:

• Like 1