Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Tom Servo

2019 College football thread - Utah moves up to a deluxe CFP apartment...in the sky-ay-ay.

Fleck with a major bone head penalty running on to the field costs his team 1st and goal from the 5 to try and tie the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Fleck with a major bone head penalty running on to the field costs his team 1st and goal from the 5 to try and tie the game.

They were bailed out and got screwed by their own coach. 

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

What the hell was he thinking 

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Why did Iowa get the ball back?   Confused? 

Just now, SHIZNITTTT said:

I guess it was considered after the 4th down.      

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

They just addressed that and I guess it came after the play and would have still been Iowa ball but half the distance to the goal line. 

They’re gonna have to expand the field if one of the criteria is how bad did you whoop Auburn 

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Capella said:

They’re gonna have to expand the field if one of the criteria is how bad did you whoop Auburn 

On the bright side, this criteria eliminates Oregon.

Edited by Fat Drunk and Stupid
  • Laughing 3

Here comes that Auburn voodoo at Jerdan Hare. You’d think if you buried dead Indians on a piece of property And build a football stadium on top of it, the home team would be the one cursed. 

Edited by jplvr
  • Like 1

Tua out the season

Edit: see this was announced

Edited by belljr

I hate when college coaches play for a game winning FG more than 20 yards.

But Iowa St gambles and it works. Down go the Longhorns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Minnesota!  oof

Jeff Bezos is having a very bad day coaching.  The Switzer-esque 15 yard penalty is going to haunt him.  Wasting 30 seconds and a timeout because he could not get a play called was pretty bad too.

And then his kicker misses an extra point - 4 point game now.

TiL going backwards out of bounds you need the heel down for a catch

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Yeah I guess it was considered after 4th down so Iowa was getting ball regardless.

32 minutes ago, Fat Drunk and Stupid said:

On the bright side, this criteria eliminates Oregon.

Nope, Oregon wins out and they are in unless Baylor wins out or Georgia beats LSU in championship game.

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Nope, Oregon wins out and they are in unless Baylor wins out or Georgia beats LSU in championship game.

Yea that last one isn’t really that unlikely 

People are talking about Fleck signaling for his QB to go down with an injury after the sack to stop the clock.  If true and you're going to pull that stunt, why the QB and not a TE or something?  Weird.

I just came in to post that a CFP without Nick Saban is like a day of sunshine and rainbows. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Capella said:

Yea that last one isn’t really that unlikely 

Maybe 30% chance so agreed not crazy unlikely.  Oregon could still lose at ASU or against Utah.

3 hours ago, Dickie Dunn said:

I guess I can answer, being an alum who has been following the program for more than theee decades.

The decision was made in 2011 partly because the administration at the time saw that FCS football in the Northeast was eroding — the CAA was making more of a southern shift — and that staying would have been a losing proposition from a financial standpoint.

The problem was the timing of it ... had they made the decision anywhere from 1998-2006 they could have ridden the wave of a strong FCS program that won a title and reached the final in another.

Unfortunately, they waited until the program was in a downturn and then compounded it with a truly awful hire as first coach for the FBS era. Then Mark Whipple’s return (he led the 1998 champs) was supposed to be a spark, and it was to some extent. But he also wasn’t the same coach at the first time around and hit his ceiling with a couple of 4-8 seasons before “stepping down” after last year.

Whipple also left the recruiting pretty thin, and Walt Bell has had to deal with that this season. It’s been a lot worse than most of us imagined, but we just have to hope it will turn around. The jury is out on his coaching, but he’s had less than a year.

As for fan support, no college team in the Northeast has it when things aren’t going well. But the investments are being made to things such as practice facilities, so there is no way they will drop down to FCS. They are better off taking the paycheck beatings from P5 teams and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle at some point.

Independence always will be a hurdle to overcome, but that’s the plight they face now until something changes in the landscape or they start winning enough to draw serious interest. It’s a chicken-egg thing, but the university is adamant about maintaining a strong national profile (its academic ranks are high among publics) and sees all of its peers as flagship universities that play FBS football.

Thanks for the response, I agree they are married to FBS for a while but I think they are chasing fools gold 

I just think resources would better allocated to M/W basketball and hockey and M Lax where they could get good much quicker as I dont think they realize the arms race that is FBS football 

They're a great school but need to realize they're not Michigan or No Carolina or even Rutgers athletically.  They seem like the youngest brother trying to prove himself to his older more accomplished brothers

39 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

I just came in to post that a CFP without Nick Saban is like a day of sunshine and rainbows. 

That injury was a fun moment for a lot of you I’m sure.

Just now, gump said:

I feel bad for Tua and his teammates.

But Saban's reaction to seeing Tua hurt was eerie. It's like all that was going through his mind was watching the playoffs fall off a cliff. Tua's pain was the last thing on his mind.  

Yep OK gonna beat Baylor down and that will be that. 

It is like Riley and Grinch didn't practice this week.   The defense hasn't played well for a month.   I dunno what is going on but the players are acting like they are giving 50% effort at best the past few games?   Culture needs to change.   

Wow what a BS call. Initially called PI and waved off because of deflection. Then a full minute later, they change it to def holding. Oklahoma huge bail out.

Feel awful for Tua and those around him.  I'm sure he'll get the best care and treatment.  Hope he comes out of it okay and it doesn't keep him from having success in the NFL. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gump said:

I'm no fan of Alabama, but it was not for me.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, gump said:

I’m bummed for Tua. Seems like a good dude and that’s an awful injury. I could give a #### all about Bama’s fans though (board members here excluded), this has been a dream run that got some bad luck and Saban just seems like such a tool. 

Edited by Capella

34 minutes ago, Politician Spock said:

I feel bad for Tua and his teammates.

But Saban's reaction to seeing Tua hurt was eerie. It's like all that was going through his mind was watching the playoffs fall off a cliff. Tua's pain was the last thing on his mind.  

He’s intense onfield...he’s also been thru a lot with Tua and his family...if you don’t think he’s hurting, you’re wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, belljr said:

Auburn will win this 

NARRATOR - They did not win this. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, gump said:

He’s intense onfield...he’s also been thru a lot with Tua and his family...if you don’t think he’s hurting, you’re wrong.

Oh, I believe Saban is hurting. That was clear in the moment. 

I have no hate for Bama, the players or the fans... I just hate Saban. 

Cincy @ USF is an intriguing game 

1 minute ago, Osaurus said:

Is this a code for help or something 

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Osaurus said:

Blink 3 times fast if you’re being held hostage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1