What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

League Management Advice (1 Viewer)

What should I do with this beastly orphan team?

• Let an established league member switch to the orphan team and replace their old team (have a lotter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DirtyCashDylan

Footballguy
So something interesting just happened in the dynasty league I run. One of the best team's owners has decided he doesn't want anything to do with football anymore for personal and spiritual reasons. He thinks its a gladiator sport yada yada. I wished him well. This team is loaded (Matt Ryan/Russel Wilson, ODB/Godwin/Tate/Alshon/R Woods/Em Sanders, Dev Freeman/A Jones/Cook/Hunt/Henry, Delanie/Rudolph/Herndon) This team could very easily win the league next year. What is fair in this situation? There are owners of other much worse teams who would like to switch teams. Should I find who wants to trade to this team and have a drawing? Should I just give this team to some random new member? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have rules in the by-laws that go over the procedure for when an owner leaves or if you decide to expand?  If you do, then follow those rules.  If you don't then it seems like you should just find a new owner to take over this roster.  No current owner should be able to take over this team.  They have their own team.  Typically finding owners for orphan teams is a difficult task because usually the team is left in shambles.  However, if this team is as good as you say it is then you shouldn't have any issue finding an owner to take over.  If I were Commish I would start the search for a new owner and once found you should be good to go. 

Find a new owner. That team isnt as good as you make it out to be unless it is a 16 team league. If not  it is a borderline playoff team. 

Ratbone said:
Find a new owner. That team isnt as good as you make it out to be unless it is a 16 team league. If not  it is a borderline playoff team. 
not sure about this comment... this team is solid with maybe a concern at TE and potentially would need an upgrade with WR spot.  I would take this team to war.  As to your concern, just find an owner and not put it up to any of the current ones.

Maybe ask existing owners if they want to drop all their players and do a dispersal draft including these players.  Make rookie draft picks available in the dispersal draft.

Users who are viewing this thread