What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ghost in the Kitchen (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
I'll start out by saying I've always been open minded about supernatural, but I believe most of what is shown is fake.  

That said, about 3 years ago, while sitting watching TV one night, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk down the stairs.  Now, the stairs are like at 2 o'clock from me looking at the TV, so it's not like it was way in my peripheral vision.  I thought it was my wife so I started to say something as I turned to look at her.  But by the time I moved my eyes, the person had vanished.  Just gone.  My first reaction was I must have seen a smudge on my contact lens or something, although that seemed like a reach.  But as I sat on the couch nonplussed, our dog got up and walked past the stairs and leered into the kitchen, growling.  After a couple of barks, she started to back up slowly and bark louder.  Needless to say, it kind of freaked me out.  

She did this a couple times during the last year of her life, but I never saw anything ever again.  Before she passed, we got a new puppy and about a year later, she began to have the same reaction to the kitchen.  Growling at it and eventually backing up as if something was coming at her.  Strange.  Well, last night, as we're all sitting around the TV, the new puppy gets up and walks over to the kitchen.  Immediately, he starts growling.  Then barking.  As we all watch him intently, he suddenly starts to whimper and runs away to hide behind a chair.

Needless to say, we are all convinced there's something in our kitchen.  The weird thing is, all three dogs are looking in the air.  Not at the ceiling and not at the floor.  There's no eeriness to our house and it's a new house.  I wouldn't describe any part of our house as creepy.  In fact, if there was an FFA topic ranking the scariest houses I've lived in, this one would be dead last.  Or maybe just last, as not to confuse anyone.  

Anyone else live with a ghost?

I grew up in a big old house that everyone in my family insists was haunted.  There were 9 of us living there (6 kids, 2 parents and my grandmother) and all but me had seen multiple "ghosts" with the same general description.  

I am a born skeptic and since I didn't see anything I don't believe it but I do think it is weird that they all swear to seeing ghosts.

Many years ago my wife, daughter and I bought our first 'real' house.  The owners had to sell because the woman could no longer climb stairs- she cried at closing- very sad.  She told us she had lived there for 30 years, and will miss her kitchen.  She was wearing distinct 'old lady' perfume.   Any way, a couple months later, I was in the kitchen and smelled that SAME perfume- it lingered for about 10 minutes, then gone.   A few days later I saw her picture in the obits section of the paper..  She died the same day I smelled the perfume.

Weird :oldunsure:

Back when I lived alone in Texas, it was around 3 am and I was on the couch upstairs watching a movie.  My cat looked down the stairs from the top with wide eyes.  The stairs were behind the couch, so all I could see was her looking up in the air.  Then I heard this slow, scratching sound coming from the stairwell.  I was home alone, so I was now completely freaked.  As I tried to think what could be making that noise, the light in the stairwell went dim and a huge shadow covered my cat at the top of the stairs.  My heart raced as the scratching sound got closer.  Frozen in fear was the best way I could describe my feeling.  

That's when the Mylar balloon came slowly sliding into view.  The A/C had kicked on and had slowly begun to push the balloon across the ceiling, and over the stairway light.  That might have been the second closest I ever came to having a heart attack.

First house I rented after moving out of parents I had a recurring dream of a little red headed girl, like 6 or 7 years old, playing with my computer and spinning around on the desk chair, just generally annoying me as I was trying to sleep.  Would always wake up from this dream by turning to yell at her to quit and my chair would be spinning.  Rented another house a year later, she followed, and followed again to the 3rd house a year later.  When I got married and moved away from downtown (the 3 rentals were all within 1 block of each other) the dreams stopped.  Fast forward a decade, wife and I have a daughter, on our 3rd house, and the child who is 3 years old at this point asks me out of the blue one day “Daddy, what’s the little girls name?”  I ask who she’s talking about as none of our neighbors have kids. She says “the girl comes at night, the red head”

This is a true story.  I don’t believe in ghosts.  But it’s still enough to make me all kinds of 😳 when hearing sounds late at night 

could also be a rodent in the walls that your pet is hearing. 

New house or not, if there is a dime sized space theyll get in 
There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna do? 
There's a rat in me kitchen what am I gonna go? 
I'm gonna fix that rat that's what I'm gonna do, 
I'm gonna fix that rat. 
When you open your mouth you don't talk, you shout 
And you give every body the blame, 
But when they catch you up, 
They will shut you up 
And you got no one to blame 

When I was a child I had not heard Pink Floyd as of yet. But I did see a cat sitting at the foot of my bed. When I reached to touch it, the cat dematerialized from sight.
Cold-hearted cat that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is grey is yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

First house I rented after moving out of parents I had a recurring dream of a little red headed girl, like 6 or 7 years old, playing with my computer and spinning around on the desk chair, just generally annoying me as I was trying to sleep.  Would always wake up from this dream by turning to yell at her to quit and my chair would be spinning.  Rented another house a year later, she followed, and followed again to the 3rd house a year later.  When I got married and moved away from downtown (the 3 rentals were all within 1 block of each other) the dreams stopped.  Fast forward a decade, wife and I have a daughter, on our 3rd house, and the child who is 3 years old at this point asks me out of the blue one day “Daddy, what’s the little girls name?”  I ask who she’s talking about as none of our neighbors have kids. She says “the girl comes at night, the red head”

This is a true story.  I don’t believe in ghosts.  But it’s still enough to make me all kinds of 😳 when hearing sounds late at night 
Crazy.   :thumbup:

In the first three years of my son's life we had moved 3 times.  When he was 4 my wife and I are driving somewhere and my son says as he is looking out the window "that's where I used to live".   My wife said "Honey we've never lived in that neighborhood" and my son replied "that's where I used to live before you were my Mommy and Daddy".    :shock:

My wife and I just looked at each other and didn't say a word...

I grew up in a big old house that everyone in my family insists was haunted.  There were 9 of us living there (6 kids, 2 parents and my grandmother) and all but me had seen multiple "ghosts" with the same general description.  

I am a born skeptic and since I didn't see anything I don't believe it but I do think it is weird that they all swear to seeing ghosts.
wait...isn't your brother The Holy Ghost?

OK that's a bit creepy

Crazy.   :thumbup:

In the first three years of my son's life we had moved 3 times.  When he was 4 my wife and I are driving somewhere and my son says as he is looking out the window "that's where I used to live".   My wife said "Honey we've never lived in that neighborhood" and my son replied "that's where I used to live before you were my Mommy and Daddy".    :shock:

My wife and I just looked at each other and didn't say a word...
OK Ill chalk this one up to kids say weird #### all the time.

Agreed.... but it was creepy
My younger brother had an imaginary friend when he was younger named Jonathan.  He would talk to him and answer his "questions."  All the stuff you see in bad horror movies. Stuff that is something every kid does.  But every so often we'd hear a noise coming from a room that no one was in and without batting an eye, he'd just say, "Don't get mad, Jonathon."  99.99% there was no ghost, but if you had asked me to go check to see if Jonathon was in the other room, I'd have said hell no.

My younger brother had an imaginary friend when he was younger named Jonathan.  He would talk to him and answer his "questions."  All the stuff you see in bad horror movies. Stuff that is something every kid does.  But every so often we'd hear a noise coming from a room that no one was in and without batting an eye, he'd just say, "Don't get mad, Jonathon."  99.99% there was no ghost, but if you had asked me to go check to see if Jonathon was in the other room, I'd have said hell no.
Spirits have generally been reported to keep communication with children up until around age 7 or 8. Never know.

I don't believe in ghosts.  Wife does and is very grateful we are the original owners of our house.
She's not out of the woods yet. Could be a dead construction worker between the walls that everyone lost track of. A friend did find an old lunch in his walls.

My wife and I were in Savannah, Georgia for a friends wedding.  We stayed at the Foley House (thought to be haunted).  On the day of the wedding we had gone out for lunch and returned in time to start getting ready for the wedding.  The place was old so they had an actual key on a ring to get into the room.  When we got into the room my wife put the key in her little clutch purse and zipped it shut (I saw her do it).  When we went to leave about an hour later (you had to lock the door with the key when you left) she got into her purse to get the key and it was gone.  We searched the room for almost 30 minutes looking everywhere it could have been.  We were just about ready to give up because we were going to be late to the wedding and I looked into the suitcase and between layers of clothes the key was there.  It wasn't slipped down a side where it could have fallen into the suitcase by accident (although the purse never moved from the nightstand it was on).  It was between clothes in the middle of the suitcase.  Totally freaked us out.  That night we both were awoken by a very cold chill that went through the room (this was Savannah in May).  We both sat up and asked if the other felt the cold chill and we did.  It was creepy. 

I have no explanation as to what happened. 

When we got into the room my wife put the key in her little clutch purse and zipped it shut (I saw her do it).  When we went to leave about an hour later (you had to lock the door with the key when you left) she got into her purse to get the key and it was gone.  We searched the room for almost 30 minutes looking everywhere it could have been.  We were just about ready to give up because we were going to be late to the wedding and I looked into the suitcase and between layers of clothes the key was there.  It wasn't slipped down a side where it could have fallen into the suitcase by accident (although the purse never moved from the nightstand it was on).  It was between clothes in the middle of the suitcase.  
Stuff like this happens to me all the time.  I blame it on the weed.

Did you ever get off your ### to see what they were barking at?
Yes.  I was expecting to see a rodent or a spider or something like that.  When I found nothing, I started to see if there was a shadow or some light coming in from a window that could look like something.  Nothing.  In fact, as the first dog was barking, I walked into the kitchen and she started to whimper, then bark more aggressively.  It's strange.  

my town (notl) is apparently one of the most haunted place in north america (1812 was fought here)

ghost tours, walking at all hours and a few houses here (inc one that was 100+yrs old) and nothing. wife seems to have think she has heard/felt some things in that old place, but nothing on this end. 

About 20 years ago we were renting this house that we had no idea the background behind any of the inhabitants... Many times I would be sitting on the couch and would hear a faint clanking and clicking sound coming from the kitchen.  I would turn the TV off to make sure I was actually hearing what I thought I heard... "click... clank...click, click"... I became convinced it had to be a mouse in one of the cupboards.  Every time I would go to the kitchen to investigate, the sounds would stop. 

I tried to nija my approach.  Sneaking slowly towards the kitchen.  No matter how slow and quiet I tried, it would always stop as I approached.  Feeling rejected on my stealth skills I tried a brute force approach.  Running like a mad man and ripping random cupboards open spewing items all over the floor yelling things like "COME ON MOFO!  I KNOW YOU ARE IN THERE YOU LITTLE #####!!!".  This also did not work.  This went on for a couple days.  DROVE ME CRAZY! I started to wonder if the house was haunted.  I sure as crap couldn't find the "mouse" or any evidence of it.. 

Until finally one night when none of the rest of the family was home I sat on the couch in the dark waiting.... "Click.... Clack.... Click" I once again tried to black ops my approach.  This time, before I passed through the dining room on the way to the kitchen, I caught something out of the corner of my eye.  We had a fish tank in the corner of the dining room adjacent to the kitchen.  It was a tank of African Cichlid fish.  The large female fish was building a nest.  She would pick up some of the rocks on the bottom and spit them against the glass on the side building a mound of gravel to lay her eggs or whatever.  Every time she spit them against the glass... "Click... Clack.."  Of course these fish were very active and would notice you coming in the room.  They would stop what they were doing and come up to the glass to look at you like 'Yo.  You gonna feed me or what?" Every time I would start moving towards the kitchen, this fish would eventually notice me and stop doing what she was doing to stare at me.  

Any chance you have an aquarium in the kitchen area?

My wife was convinced there was a ghost living in the basement of our first house.  It was old, built in 1908.  She claimed to be able to see him sitting in the corner whenever she walked down stairs (had an unfinished basement, but apparently he had a little stool in the corner)  I laughed and she looked at me like I wasn't giving her crazy notion the proper respect.  I did lose a little respect for her that day.  It's a ridiculous to me.  This woman is the biggest scaredy cat in the world, but wants me to believe she freely walked down stairs when she new an apparition from another dimension was waiting for her?  Whatever.

There's always an explanation for these crazy coincidences.

I think it's comical how people just assume dogs can see ghosts and how they're freaked out by them?  Is there something different about a dog's eyesight where they have a special ghost filter?  Or do ghosts have such a distinct smell that repulses dogs?

Most dogs just lay around on the floor all night.  Until a ghost shows up in the kitchen!!!  Then it's barking and mayhem!!!

I think it's comical how people just assume dogs can see ghosts and how they're freaked out by them?  Is there something different about a dog's eyesight where they have a special ghost filter?  Or do ghosts have such a distinct smell that repulses dogs?

Most dogs just lay around on the floor all night.  Until a ghost shows up in the kitchen!!!  Then it's barking and mayhem!!!
dogs can sense when you have cancer, so i dont know if it'd be a reach that they can sense a spirit

dogs can sense when you have cancer, so i dont know if it'd be a reach that they can sense a spirit
Also, I didn't claim the dog could see something special.  If three of my buddies all showed up at different times and started yelling at my kitchen, then cowering away.  I'd be a little weirded out about what was going on in my kitchen if I inspected it and saw nothing.

I had a dog once go crazy growling and barking because a plastic grocery bag had fallen on the floor behind the table  and was fluttering a bit from the heat register...

Dogs have different hearing then us too. Not so ridiculous IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread