What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 PGA Championship thread *** (1 Viewer)

gump

Footballguy
Legendary Bethpage Black is the host this week for the first PGA post schedule change.  May vs August will be more plush rough, cooler temps, and golf balls carrying less.

'Hit and Splat' on a gigantic track, which will heavily favor and weight great Drivers...Rory, DJ, Koepka the obvious choices.  (I'll take Rory to win.)

Really hurts guys like Fowler and Molinari who hit the ball lower.

Expect a lot of putts to be made by all players in contention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tiger's game not ideal right now for this track...and promptly doubles his first hole.  He'll be lucky to be less than +3 thru 13 on the back nine to start.

Can't see Tiger winning here after not playing since Augusta. He's been hitting fairways consistently but not necessarily with his driver. Going to be tough to stay on track when he's constantly having to try to squeeze out a few more yards.

My DK DFS lineup for the $$$$ with ownership %

Kiradech Aphibarnrat 2.8%

Lucas Bjerregaard 1.1%

Tommy Fleetwood 14.2%

Hideki Matsuyama 12.3%

Francesco Molinari 5.2%

Xander Schauffele 18.4%

FanDuel Lineup

Brooks Koepka
Adam Scott 
Jason Kokrak
Ryan Moore
Henrick Stenson
Hideki Matsyama

Not getting a lot of help underneath Brooks. :kicksrock:

Adam was having a nice round, oops double.  Stenson was warmed over dog vomit.  

Someone at Nike was like "what's the simplest way to make our golf caps look as dumb as possible?"

BK sank around 194' of putts today; started the day draining a 40 footer, ended the day with a 32 foot birdie putt.

Haven't been able to watch any actual video of it so far.  Just a couple shots here and there.  How is the course playing?

Looks pretty easy. Not sure why these guys are having such trouble in this rough. 
Yeah.  I did see a hole where Tiger hit into the left rough.  Then he hit his second shot like 40 yards like he was in 3 feet of rough.  He parred the hole, but it's hard to tell how bad the rough is on my iPhone that I was sneaking looks at while I was in a meeting.

Yeah.  I did see a hole where Tiger hit into the left rough.  Then he hit his second shot like 40 yards like he was in 3 feet of rough.  He parred the hole, but it's hard to tell how bad the rough is on my iPhone that I was sneaking looks at while I was in a meeting.
It is brutally thick. The rough scoffed at DJ on hole 1. Just barely went anywhere. Seen several shots barely go anywhere. It is actually  appears much easier to hit it far out of the tall grass around the bunkers. 

Like i said in the OP...hit and splat.  Thats in the fairway, rough, whatever.  No roll anywhere.  And it's all about hitting the fairway to get to a green.

Koepka had an exceptional day getting up and down from what i saw also...as he didn't hit every fairway.

This thread has been oddly quiet.  I was expecting more talk in here.  Anyone else besides Koepka who at least looked decent?  Obviously it appears he had the course's number today.  But anyone else who looked decent enough that could give him a run?  

And, yes, I realize we're only halfway through Day 1 of the tourney.

Koepka is the new Tiger mentally and physically 
Incredible run..like Spieth or Rory...rare air in a window.  JT got hot with wins but only 1 major.

He doesn't win like Tiger.  Hard to believe he keeps winning Majors at this pace without winning more elsewhere.

Oh great.  Koepka looks like he will again.  That guy just stirs all the feels.  

(He is a beast though)

60% chance of rain.
They were talking more about the windy conditions.  10 to 15 mph winds with gusts near 25.  And as much as I'm a weather nerd, I'm not really that into the "non-fun" stuff like wind and breezes.  So I'm just taking their word for it.

For people who are in pools where you pick a bunch of players, let me ask you a question.

A group of friends have been doing this for majors the past 5 years and it's great.  It's a tiered system that makes you pick some far out names.  You pick 6 and get to throw out the worst score.  But the dilemma we have is what should a score be if someone misses the cut.  Currently, you get an 80 for each round not played.  And that's cool.  Puts pressure on picking guys to make the cut.  But a lot of times by end of the day Friday, we know who the winner of the pool is because they had one less guy miss the cut.  How do most pools handle the score for someone who misses the cut or WD/DQ? 

That shot tracker line graphic thingy is just stupid. Molinari and Koepka line makes it look like they were going way right whole way both in fairway easy. Tiger's makes it look like he is going down middle he is way left. 

That shot tracker line graphic thingy is just stupid. Molinari and Koepka line makes it look like they were going way right whole way both in fairway easy. Tiger's makes it look like he is going down middle he is way left. 
On that hole it doesn't work. It's a dog leg right and if these guys don't cut the corner they blow it right through the fairway.

For people who are in pools where you pick a bunch of players, let me ask you a question.

A group of friends have been doing this for majors the past 5 years and it's great.  It's a tiered system that makes you pick some far out names.  You pick 6 and get to throw out the worst score.  But the dilemma we have is what should a score be if someone misses the cut.  Currently, you get an 80 for each round not played.  And that's cool.  Puts pressure on picking guys to make the cut.  But a lot of times by end of the day Friday, we know who the winner of the pool is because they had one less guy miss the cut.  How do most pools handle the score for someone who misses the cut or WD/DQ? 
we base it on $$

Tiger already dealing with bedlam there on 1. With the sprinkles starting he could be facing another security guard sliding into his ankle situation like the masters. Seems like not a lot of marshals out there in relation to the gallery size.

Users who are viewing this thread