What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your best dynasty squad? (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
I wonder who has the fiercest lineups out there? Just for fun. I have a number of competitive teams, and a couple rebuilds, though this one is my best. I'd love to see some other people's lineups though. This is FFPC style so PPR with TE 1.5. Can start 10 with 2 flexes.

QB : Rodgers

RB : Mack, A Jones, Ingram, Damien Williams, McKinnon

WR : Julio, Juju, Evans, Adams, Butler, Dede

TE : Kittle, Ebron

Bench/Taxi : Foles, Waller, Trayveon Williams/Rodney Anderson, James Williams, Bruce Anderson, Ryquell Armstead

I'd like to consolidate and make a play for Zeke or Kamara. The Barkley owner will never sell. What is your best team?

My best roster was largely a result of trading for future 1sts during the startup draft and “earning” the 1.01 (Barkley). Crazy roster, but it feels a bit gimmicky.

This one I built from scratch, after my squad got old, injured, or retired way too early (Calvin :(  ). Some bad moves on my part contributed as well. But I’m most proud of this one:

12 Tm PPR - QRRWWWTF - 4pt passing TDs - 25 man rosters

Brees/Murray

Kamara/Mixon/Chubb

Hopkins/MThomas/Thielen/Woods

Howard

2020 picks traded 

12 team ppr. Took over most awful team ever 4 years ago. Today it looks like this-

QB- Big Ben

Rb- Gurley, Mccaffery, Connor, Lindsey

Wr- A. Brown, Adams, Hopkins, Hill, K. Allen

TE- Rudolph, Burton

K- Myers, Zuerlein 

D- Rams

Rookie Picks- 1,7,8,12 this year. 

Well, since you asked, lol.

FFPC and key highlight is with exception of K and D of course my entire lineup is usually drafted by end of round 2 in a redraft plus one left over.

Startup was 2013.  What is unusual about this team is I drew pick 3 and am not in the smallest bit exaggerating when I say if I had just forfeited my picks at 1.3, 3.3, 6.10, and 7.3 I'd been better off and that's odd because despite that this team has been good since 2013.

Pre-draft the team looked like this:

QB-Mahomes, Goff

RB- Kamara/Latavius, Bell, Dalvin Cook, Tevin Coleman

WR- Julio, AB, JuJu, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon

TE-Kittle, Engram

K-Gostowski

D- Denver

Drafted Deebo, Mattison to handcuff Cook, Warring and Hayden Hurst to improve TE depth.

Have already acquired extra 2020#1 from borderline playoff team and swapped out my second round pick with a rebuilding teams. Have really been doing a lot of moves since end of last off-sesaon started on premise I can lose a little now to try and accumulate picks/players to try and have replacements ready when Bell/Julio and AB peter out. BTW I drafted all 3 of them in the 2013 startup which is why I was able to overcome some of those brutal mistakes I made with the other picks.

14 team Superflex PPR, IDP TE premium. Start 11 O. We drafted during the 2017 season and included college players. The caveat was if they did not come out, you did not get. Did a lot of trading down and acquiring picks this year. We are a half really good, 1/4 as average and some guppies. This is top team but top 3 are far ahead and 4/5 are instant playoff makers. I drafted or picked on ww 75% of team. 

QB. Rodgers, Goff, Allen, Flacco, Rosen, Lock

RB. Barkley, Elliott, Gordon, Kerryon, Jacobs, D. Williams, Ballage

WR. Beckham, Thomas, Evans, Allen, Diggs, Watkins, Washington, D. Samuel, Gallup, Crabtree

TE. Engram, Hunter, Rudolph, Fant, Smith Jr., Thomas, Giescki, 

PK. Have value as can start 3 and .1 per yard. Tucker, Elliott, Crosby

DL. Hunter, Lawrence, Jordan, Ingram, Barnett, Q. Williams

LB. R. Smith, Vander Esch, Jack, J. Davis, Bush, Kendrick’s, Mack, Cunningham, Ogletree

DB. J. Johnson, Ha Ha, Bell, McDougald, Simmons, Thornhill

picks. Have extra early to mid 1st, own the ugly teams 2nd. Have 2 extra 2nds in 2021. 

One and only dynasty team - 12 team ppr, roster 24 in-season, QB- RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-Flex (RB/WR/TE)- DST with TE enhanced scoring

Went heavy at RB in 2019 Draft hoping to find startable depth behind Bell and added Deebo Samuel and Drew Lock. Still have to cut one player

QB- Brees/Carr/Dalton/Lock

RB- Bell/David Montgomery/Chris Thompson/Mattison/Ballage/McGuire/Trayveon WIlliams/Snell/Darwin Thompson

WR- Hopkins/M. Thomas/A. Brown/Sutton/Shepard/Deebo Samuel/Gallup/Agholor

TE- Engram/Seferian-Jenkins/Clay

DST- Jaguars

anticipated starters except for flex in bold

All my teams are amazing since I'm so good at this thing we call Fantasy Football  :rolleyes:

But seriously I suck.  My best roster is probably this one: 

It's an IDP league but I'll just list the offense.

Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck 

Nick Chubb, James Conner, Joe Mixon

Julio Jones, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen

OJ Howard, Zach Ertz

Those are the starters then there are others on bench of less note.  (Kenny Golladay, Tyrell Williams, Rashaad Penny)

12 team PPR (1.25 for TE) 1-QB  1-RB  2-WR  1-TE  3-FLEX

QB - Luck, Trubisky, Bridgewater

RB - Zeke, Kamara, Gordon, Carson, T. Cohen, G. Edwards, A. Ekeler, J. Adams, C. Warren

WR - Woods, Sutton, C. Kirk, A. Miller, C. Meredith, J. Matthews

TE - Kittle, Njoku

I won last year in spite of the weakness at WR2.  1.10 is on the clock (probably Murray) with Murray, A.J. Brown, Deebo, Hardman still on the board.

I have a few pretty decent ones, but took a hit with Tyreek's troubles. I like this one:

QB - Mahomes, Ryan

RB - Zeke, Henry, Mattison

WR - Evans, JuJu, Thielen, DJ Moore, A-Rob, Deebo, Enunwa

TE - Ebron, Henry, Hurst, Warring

Mahomes, JuJu, and Ebron are players I have in most leagues, and I've gotten a lot of Deebo/Mattison/Warring in my rookie drafts this year.

12 team PPR $125 dynasty league. Like EBF above mine took a hit with Hill, and I traded Kerryon and Derrick Henry for Gurley a month or two ago, (hopefully Gurley's knee will be okay) 

Luck, Winston

Zeke, Gurley, Fournette, Devonta Freeman, Lindsay, Dixon 

Hopkins, Evans, Hill, Julio, Doctson, Callaway 

Kelce, Engram, Hooper

Picks 1.9, 1.10, 1.12, 2.7, and 2.9 (Although my top 4  WRs are nasty, not much after them, so hoping to hit on a dart or two at WR with the late 1sts) 

I would made the list with a few different teams a few years ago including one in a 16 team IDP league where I won 29 games in a row and was 1 win away from back to back undefeated seasons.....but then I lost the championship game last year and Gurley decided he didn't want to be a stud anymore so that was that.

So instead I will wait for ghostguy to post his team in ...…...3.....2......1

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder who has the fiercest lineups out there? Just for fun. I have a number of competitive teams, and a couple rebuilds, though this one is my best. I'd love to see some other people's lineups though. This is FFPC style so PPR with TE 1.5. Can start 10 with 2 flexes.

QB : Rodgers

RB : Mack, A Jones, Ingram, Damien Williams, McKinnon

WR : Julio, Juju, Evans, Adams, Butler, Dede

TE : Kittle, Ebron

Bench/Taxi : Foles, Waller, Trayveon Williams/Rodney Anderson, James Williams, Bruce Anderson, Ryquell Armstead

I'd like to consolidate and make a play for Zeke or Kamara. The Barkley owner will never sell. What is your best team?
We had our startup in 2015. Only player I have left from that is Adams. Other players I have had on this team at one time or another include Luck, Kelce, Ertz, Fournette, Hilton, Josh Gordon (I only mention it because I turned a solid profit on him). Probably the best deal I made was adding Juju to a counteroffer that got accepted, as a whim and a throw in to a larger deal, during Juju's rookie preseason. I drafted Kittle in the 6th round. I had Ebron for cheap and then sold him for a little more. Then I recently bought him for a substantial markup. Lots of misses in running this team, but a few grand slams as well. Just two years ago I was lamenting to one of my leaguemates that this was my worst dynasty team by far (it was). I also totally missed out on picking up Spencer Ware off waivers last season when Hunt got busted. But I put in a claim for a guy named Damien Williams instead. Anyway I'm looking forward to defending the title again this year.

I really love the looks of this team:

http://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2018/options?L=42272&O=07&F=0010

Active roster:

QB - Wentz/ Eli

RB - Barkley, David Johnson, Philip Lindsay, Marlon Mack, Spencer Ware

WR - Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Tyreek Hill, Kekee Coutee, Chirs Godwin, Sterling Sheppard, Tim Patrick, Courtland Sutton

TE - Evan Engram, Jared Cook, Jordan Thomas

IR  - Emmanuel Sanders, Dante Pettis, Paul Richardson, Maurice Harris

Taxi Squad:

Hyheim Hines, Deion Cain, Mike Gallup, Desean Hamilton

My best team for several years is starting to age out a bit, so I'll list this younger team. Startup draft was last year. Superflex, TE premium, ppr. Lots of flexibility to start several RBs, WRs, and can start 2 QBs. I need to work on QB (got sniped several times in the startup) but I feel decent about the future (primary guys listed here).

Prescott, Jackson, Foles

Barkley, Chubb, A Jones, Hines

Smith-Schuster, K. Allen, Lockett, Fuller, AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson

Howard, Hooper, Warring

This is tough but here’s my top one

1) Active roster:

QB - Luck/Trubisky/Mariota/Jackson

RB - Barkley, Elliott, Gurley, Bell, Chubb, Henry, Penny

WR - Hopkins, AJG, Cooks, Marvin, Sutton, Cobb, DT, Moore

TE - OJ, Hooper, Gesecki

Picks - 1.1, 1.2, 1.8, 1.11. 2 2020 1’s

I would be interested in hearing if there were one or two things that got your team to this point. A great trade, just good drafting either rookies or startup, great waiver pickups, what put you in the position you are in? 

I would be interested in hearing if there were one or two things that got your team to this point. A great trade, just good drafting either rookies or startup, great waiver pickups, what put you in the position you are in? 
About 4 years ago I needed to rebuild and I basically traded everything for a few stud WRs.  I also got the top pick and took Zeke. From that point I grabbed QBs when value presented itself and took BPA in drafts.  Basically, build a base with WRs and QBs, then try and get lucky at RB.

12 teams, non PPR - won last year and already made cuts before rookie draft. 

QB: Watson, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Darnold

RB: Zeke, Kareem Hunt, Adrian Peterson, bunch of lottery tix

WR: Antonio Brown, Julio, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Tyler Lockett, Calvin Ridley, Edelman, Mike Williams and Robert Foster

TE: Kittle and Shaheen

I passed on year 1. Traded back continuously in startup. Acquired 14 of top 20 rookie picks year 1 and 8 firsts year 2. I then took advantage of rookie fever year 2 and dealt some picks for young studs. I’m at the point now where I have to move players that will be starters on other teams that are my backups for picks etc. 

All my teams are amazing since I'm so good at this thing we call Fantasy Football  :rolleyes:

But seriously I suck.  My best roster is probably this one: 

It's an IDP league but I'll just list the offense.

Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck 

Nick Chubb, James Conner, Joe Mixon

Julio Jones, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen

OJ Howard, Zach Ertz

Those are the starters then there are others on bench of less note.  (Kenny Golladay, Tyrell Williams, Rashaad Penny)
For this roster specifically, I think I took over the team in 2016.  It had Keenan, Michael Thomas and Ertz already and the rest I put together.  I know I drafted JuJu, OJ Howard, and Chubb for sure.  I basically continued to package others to get the other studs.  I know I traded Wentz when he was the the #1 overall dynasty QB for Rodgers and some draft picks.  I know I traded Corey Davis for Julio + I think.  Overall I pride myself on good drafting and overall I have very few misses.  That or I guess I just know when to sell.  

Julio will die on this team as I think I'm good to compete for the next 3+ years, the others I might sell, other than JuJu he's a lifer that I won't deal unless I get some crazy insane over the top offer.  

I won last year with this:

QB: Rodgers, Trubisky

RB: Gurley, Mixon, Chubb, Cohen, McKinnon, Breida

WR: AJG, Evans, A Robinson, Kupp

TE: Everett, J Smith (had Gronk last year)

K: Zuerlein

LB: Keuchly

DL: Chandler Jones

DB: Reshad Jones

Good teams can be a lot of things, but I see one or two teams with the top 5 players at each position. I don’t see how you get that without ripping of really stupid owners. It’s just not possible.

I won three of my five dynasty leagues last season (that is not a common occurrence for me at all), but here is what I would consider my best team. I do need to have a little work to do at WR:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Sam Darnold, Eli Manning

RB: Zeke Elliot, Christian McCaffrey, LeVeon Bell, David Johnson, Chase Edmunds, Darrel Williams, Rod Smith

WR: Brandon Cooks, Robert Woods, Golden Tate, Robby Anderson, Robert Foster, Phillip Dorsett, Tim Patrick, Dylan Cantrell

TE: Travis Kelce, Chris Herndon, Delanie Walker

I've been trading back out of the first for a few years and went into last year's draft with three firsts. I traded back again and combined some players to get AJG, Evans, and Mixon. I also take advantage of a hot waiver add from time to time and will trade them and like a 3rd for a 2nd then combine a 2nd and another player for a first. Once rookie fever hits I try to trade back for max value. It's been working for me. I'm keeping my 2 1sts this year to try to backfill my roster with younger talent.

This is from a ppr dynasty that's going on 11 years.  Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, Chris Johnson led me to early success but had a lull as I had traded into 1.01 for several drafts in a row that ended up busting then sat at the middle of the pack and had to rebuild last year.  Only one player from last years squad (Thomas) was a key contributor this year, which ended in championship when the best team laid an egg in week 15.  I included how I got the guys. 

QB: Jackson (BAL)(D)/Stafford (D)/Darnold (FA)

RB: Barkley (D), Mack, (D) Johnson (DET) (D), Carson (FA), Breida (FA)

WR: Hopkins (T), Michael Thomas (D), Watkins (D), R. Anderson (T), Sterling Shephard (D), Moncreif (FA), James Washington (D)

TE: Kittle (FA), Andrews (D), Herndon (FA)

I sold quite a bit to get Hopkins mid year to make a run despite some weak QBs (Mixon, DJ Moore, 2019 1st rounder) which took me from middle of pack to contender.  Jackson's top 10 numbers at the end of the season saved my bacon.  I'm looking to strengthen QB, but QB deals are really hard in this league because people value them like it's 6pt/TD when we only award 4.  

Non-PPR

QB: Rodgers, Baker, Dak, Josh Allen

RB: Kamara, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, James Conner, Leonard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Derrius Guice, Carlos Hyde, Ito Smith (Josh Jacobs)

WR: Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, Juju, Stephon Diggs, Amari Cooper, Corey Davis, Geronimo Alison, Trequan Smith

TE: Zach Ertz, George Kittle, OJ Howard

DEF: Chicago, Jags, Rams

I put Jacobs in parentheses because I have 1.01 in the draft (through trade last year) and plan on taking him.  I've been in this league for 5 years and have won 0 championships and got 2nd once. I have 0 luck when the playoffs start, and I've traded for other people's first round picks twice and both times it ended up being 1.01 but not the year Zeke came or Saquon came. Everyone tells me how great my team is within the league, but then in the first round of the playoffs my starters just #### the bed, 4 out of 5 years. 

Took over an orphan 4? years ago with the top assets Evans, lacy, and Parker. Now it’s-

mahomes (t) stafford (t)

cmc (d) Michel (d) penny (d) Carson (t) sf rbs (t)

evans (og) ar15 (t) Lockett (t) Hollywood (d) hardman (d) crowder (t) Davis (d) MVS (ww) 

henry (og) McDonald (ww) hockenson (d) 

I have some depth and feel it’s a playoff team but lacking the multiple stars of some of these teams. 

12 team league

Luck/Goff/Cousins

Mixon/Fournette/Kerryon/Drake/Guice/Brieda

Hop/Evans/Adams/Tyreek??/Dede

HunterHenry/Njoku/Doyle/Gisecki

Year 4. Finished last year 1 and next to last year 2 and won the league last year. Tyreek in the flex really made this team shine. Oh well.

voiceofunreason said:
Good teams can be a lot of things, but I see one or two teams with the top 5 players at each position. I don’t see how you get that without ripping of really stupid owners. It’s just not possible.
I think my leaguemates would agree. But since they’ve all fallen victim perhaps it’s just that they’re average and I’m really good. ;)

Ok I will bite. Guessing this is my best one.

Mahomes, Rivers

Kamara, Bell, David Johnson, Conner, Lindsay, Royce Freeman

Antonio Brown, Adams, Evans, Diggs, Golladay, Kupp, Mike Williams, Tre'Quan Smith, MVS, Dez !!!!

Ertz, Ebron, Gronk

Tucker, Lutz

The last one that won me a championship. Sadly, Peyton Manning was at the helm. 

We're looking ahead to next week....

My team is a combo. My startup draft was crap, the only piece still on my team 5 years later is Mike Evans and Carlos Hyde. I have made the most trades in my league, usually for picks, and I have drafted really well. I've also gotten lucky with some trades right before players exploded (traded for OBJ as a rookie before he came back from Injury, Tyreek when he was just special teams, and Ertz before he blew up). I often trade away waiver wire players for picks and package to move up, so over the years I've drafted David Johnson, Allen Robinson, Juju, Cooper Kupp, Dalvin Cook, Leonard Fournette, Corey Davis, George Kittle, OJ Howard, Baker Mayfield, James Conner, Derrius Guice, and I've traded for players I believe in like Amari Cooper and Stefon Diggs. Most of my players have come via the draft, but I have gotten lucky with some trades and with some waiver wire guys who are good spot starts but I'm able to trade away for future picks (like Alex Collins and Austin Ekeler from recent seasons). 

Also drafted Kamara at pick 16. I wanted Engram, but he went at 15 so I took Kamara. Sometimes better to be lucky than good. 

I think I got a team like that and I did not rip anyone off to do it. I'll just focus on what I consider my top 10 players on the team of mine I posted earlier. This is a $750 FFPC league which still has most of the initial owners.

Mahomes- picked him up for literally $1  in FA money a few weeks into his rookie season.

Bell- drafted him at 5.3 of the startup in 2013, his rookie season.

Kamara- drafted him 1.11 of rookie draft

Dalvin Cook- acquired in a trade early this off-season where I gave Gurley/Golladay for him and Mike Evans.

Julio Jones-  drafted him at 2.2 in  2013 startup. Pick acquired by trading down from 2.10 surrendering my 2014#1 and moving pick 4.10 to 5.10.

Antonio Brown- drafted him at 5.10 in 2013 startup.

JuJu- drafted him at 2.7 of rookie draft

Mike Evans- see Dalvin Cook

George Kittle- acquired in trade earlier this off-season where I gave Sony Michel, 1.8 and Hayden Hurst.

Evan Engram-  acquired in trade last offseason where I gave Trey Burton and the guy I just picked at 1.12, Kirk.

This is what I would consider my best team.  Zealots team that won in 2016 and 2017. Lost in the semifinals last year with a .750 all-play, but played last year without Bell.  Trying to trade some RB depth (Williams or Lindsay) for QB upgrade.

QB: Winston

RB: Gurley, L.Bell, Conner, D.Williams, P.Lindsay, Breida, CJ Anderson

WR: OBJ, Hopkins, Fitz, D.Westbrook, C.Kirk, J.Washington, M.Hardman

TE: Ertz, Cook, Sternberger

DL: J.Bosa, N.Bosa, C.Campbell, C.Jones

LB: T.Smith 🤞, T.Davis, C.Kirksey,  K. Van Noy, D.Lee

DB: R.Jones, M.Burnett, DJ Swearinger

This is what I would consider my best team.  Zealots team that won in 2016 and 2017. Lost in the semifinals last year with a .750 all-play, but played last year without Bell.  Trying to trade some RB depth (Williams or Lindsay) for QB upgrade.

QB: Winston

RB: Gurley, L.Bell, Conner, D.Williams, P.Lindsay, Breida, CJ Anderson

WR: OBJ, Hopkins, Fitz, D.Westbrook, C.Kirk, J.Washington, M.Hardman

TE: Ertz, Cook

DL: J.Bosa, N.Bosa, C.Campbell, C.Jones

LB: T.Smith 🤞, T.Davis, C.Kirksey,  K. Van Noy, D.Lee

DB: R.Jones, M.Burnett, DJ Swearinger
Winston may be okay with Arians running the show.

Mahomes, Mariota

Barkley, Elliot, Fournette, Ito... (not so much RB depth)

Thomas, Juju, Julio, Moore, Edelman

Howard, Reed, Jonnu, 

I basically built it by getting the 1.01 in 2017 and 2018, hitting on some picks, and making some well-timed trades. I took over an orphan 3 years ago. I think Mike Thomas is the only carry-over from the original team. I made a trade for a 2017 1st that ended up being 1.02. I got lucky on some picks in 2017, getting Juju in the mid-2nd, Kupp, and Mack in the 3rd, Mahomes in the 4th,  on top of LF and Davis at 1.02. Then traded LF for Zeke to a win-now team during Zeke's suspension, earned the 1.01, drafted Barkley, DJ Moore and Sutton (I can't remember how I got the extra late 1st). Then flipped Sutton, Kupp, and someone else (maybe Hyde) for Julio last year. This offseason, I traded Davis and Herndon (free add) for LF to shore up my RBs.

I lost by half a point in week 15 last year when all my TEs got hurt and the 3rd string Titans TE got me 0 😢

Up until this year I had way more depth, but the top end is still... well... top end.  I took over a team 3 seasons ago so did a "dispersal draft".  A lot of these guys I've got through trade though.  I know I started with the 1.01 (Zeke), Hopkins and Kuechly.

QB - Rodgers

RB - Zeke, Gordon

WR - Hopkins, Diggs, Woods

TE - Kelce

DL - Campbell, TBD

LB - Kuechly, Warner, Van Noy

DB - Collins, Eddie Jackson, McDougald

Updated with players now drafted. 12 team PPR league, about 15 years old now. 

Luck, Winston 

Zeke, Gurley, Fournette, D. Freeman, Lindsay, Henderson, Justice Hill 

Nuk, Evans, Hill, Julio, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Hardman, JJAW, Diontae Johnson, Callaway

Kelce, Engram 

Bears D 

Biggest problem with this roster is having to cut someone (or trade a 2 for 1) so I can have room for the required kicker. ;)

QB (1): Rodgers, Ryan, Mayfield

RB (2): Bell, Gordon

WR (2-3): Jones, Green, Kupp, Watkins, Samuel, Westbrook

TE (1-2): Kelce, Ertz, Engram

Looked better a couple years ago, but still looks alright.

My best team and best teams I see have one thing in common.  They are all very active with weekly (and sometimes daily) ww pick-ups and multiple trade offers.   Not necessarily successful trades, but constantly assessing the market for their guys and the guys they want as well as draft picks.  I rarely see a successful team that lets all the trade offers come to them or makes very few ww moves.  

My best team and best teams I see have one thing in common.  They are all very active with weekly (and sometimes daily) ww pick-ups and multiple trade offers.   Not necessarily successful trades, but constantly assessing the market for their guys and the guys they want as well as draft picks.  I rarely see a successful team that lets all the trade offers come to them or makes very few ww moves.  
Yes. I always try to be active with trading and especially the wire. There are always like 2 to 4 players that win fantasy leagues or achieve significant fantasy value from the wire each year. I approach every team and every season like I will he acquiring those wire gems if at all possible. If that means blowing an entire blind bid budget on that guy, if I really think I'd be picking up one of those gems, then I do it. Tyler Boyd, Lindsay, Damien Williams, just a couple off the top of my head (and for far less than my entire budget). I took Woods off waivers the year or two before and parlayed him and Lindsay and Boyd into Evans. That's Evans for free in a sense. All from blind bidding magic budget beans. 

But you win some you lose some. I've made some doozies of bad trades, but I've won most of the big ones. And being active gets me action. Every once in a while I have woken up to loose offers. If I were a stingier trader I might not get those. I'm willing to overpay in deals if I feel strongly about my own valuation vs what the market might say. I'm not afraid to zag. It's my money it's my team, ya know? 

Oh yeah I forgot I also got the 2.04 on my side in my Evans deal and drafted Butler. So Woods, Boyd, Lindsay (all from magic beans) for Evans and Butler.

The league started in 2010. In 2016, my slightly below average team was injury riddled, a bit unlucky in its head-to-head matchups, and ended up with second worst record. I decided to blow up my team, go all in on the 2017 rookie draft, and traded guys like Donte Moncrief, Kevin White, DeSean Jackson, Ameer Abdullah, Hunter Henry, and Delanie Walker back when they still had (more) value. I feel like I struck lighting in a bottle with my strategy. My team won the title in 2017 but laid and an egg in 2018 and lost in the semi-finals.

$50 league, 24 man roster, 12 team 0.5 PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1K, and 1DEF

Players I owned prior to 2017 in bold

QB: Andrew Luck, Mitchell Trubisky, Tom Brady

RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Aaron Jones, Marlon Mack, Phillip Lindsay, Tarik Cohen, Mark Walton, Boston Scott

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Davante Adams, Mike Evans, Julian Edelman, Mike Williams, Courtland Sutton, DeDe Westbrook

TE: George Kittle, Jimmy Graham, Hayden Hurst, Adam Shaheen

K: Justin Tucker

DEF: Colts

Draft picks: 1.10, 2.10, 4.05, 4.10

Players I acquired in the 2017 preaseason either via the draft or trading were Trubisky (though took him over Mahomes), Fournette, Jones, Mack, Cohen, Smith-Schuster, Adams, M Williams,  Dalvin Cook (traded straight up for Kittle before the 2018 trade deadline), and Westbrook.

FFWC

Mahomes,Trubisky

McCaffrey,Barkley,Conner,Hunt,Mack,Freeman Royce
R Henderson,Darrell, R Williams,Dexter

Diggs,Cooks,Cooper,Edelman,Godwin,Robinson,Allen
R Boykin,Miles

Kittle,Njoku,Goedert

12 team. Going on our 15th season this year. I finally just won my first title. Starters in bold. 

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB (Drafted) 

Mayfield, Baker CLE QB (Drafted) 

Wilson, Russell SEA QB (Drafted) 

Anderson, C.J. DET RB (waiver) 

Gurley, Todd LAR RB (Drafted) 

Ingram, Mark BAL RB (Traded for) 

Kamara, Alvin NOS RB (Drafted) 

Brown, Antonio OAK WR (Traded for) 

Cobbs, Simmie NOS WR (Waiver) 

Cooks, Brandin LAR WR (Traded for) 

Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR (Waiver) 

Higgins, Rashard CLE WR (Waiver) 

Jeffery, Alshon PHI WR (Traded for) 

Jones, Julio ATL WR (Traded for)

Westbrook, Dede JAC WR (Waiver) 

Ebron, Eric IND TE (Drafted) 

Henry, Hunter LAC TE (Traded for) 

Hurst, Hayden BAL TE (Drafted) 

Reed, Jordan WAS TE (Traded for) 

Butker, Harrison KCC PK (Waiver) 

Patriots, New England NEP Def (Generally stream) 

21 TOTAL PLAYERS

INJURED RESERVE

Gordon, Josh NEP WR (Drafted) 

Salary cap league with rookie draft and veteran auction, contracts up to 4 years plus a franchise and transition tag, 12 team PPR, start 2 RB and 3 WR no flex

QB- Watson

RB- Barkley, Kamara

WR- Tyreek, Evans, Golladay, Fuller, Pettis, Coutee

TE- Ertz, Goedert

2 firsts in 2019, 2 firsts in 2020.  Middle of the pack in percentage of cap used, something like 60% currently.

Was an expansion team three years ago and given last pick in the draft and the expansion draft was so thin the best I could do was a couple guys that I've long since cut.

Took it on the chin the first two years, accumulating picks and keeping a clean cap.  Finally last year I paid a gigantic contract to Evans.  Drafted Kamara, Barkley, Golladay, Pettis, Coutee, and Goedert.  Drafted and dealt Mixon for picks.  Dealt for Tyreek, which is a blow to the squad this year for sure but have enough depth to cover.  Dealt Sutton and a 1st last year for Ertz as the final piece to the puzzle. 

Won the championship and have a great window for at least 2 more years.  

Luck/Dalton

Mack/Hunt/Drake/Miller/CJA

OBJ/Hopkins/Hill/Jeffrey/Parker/Miller/Meredith

Njoku/Thomas

I like this dynasty team and it's let me contend for a few years now. I've got Isabella/Butler/JJAW sitting on the taxi squad when I'm ready move on from a few of these guys.

16 team PPR - Q RB WR WR TE Fl Fl K 2DB 3LB 2DL, 30 man total, Salary cap contracts, up to $500 (using $200).  Fill up remaining spots with FAs each season.  With my low cap usage I can draft just about anyone I want from the player pool on 1 year rentals around the roster below.  Just need a kicker, a few top IDP guys, and whatever fliers I want to take a shot on.  Max # of contracts are filled so it's a hybrid dynasty/keeper with redraft elements baked in.

QB: Jimmy G, Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon Barkley, Sony Michel, Derrius Guice, Josh Jacobs

WR: Allen Robinson, Juju Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham Jr., Amari Cooper, Dante Pettis, Parris Campbell, Deebo Samuel, Hakeem Butler

TE: Chris Herndon, OJ Howard, Hunter Henry

IDP: Derwin James, Tremaine Edmunds, Darius Leonard, Devin Bush, Josh Allen

Also, have 3x 2020 1st, 2x 2021 1sts, 4x 2020 2nds, and 4x 2021 2nds.

Users who are viewing this thread