What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Excel Question (1 Viewer)

BigJohn

Footballguy
Ok. Scenario:

I get paid bi-weekly. I have created my own over complicated budget and financial report using excel. We are at a point where I’m trying to establish some short term savings goals. For example, my daughter is getting braces in August, and I need to have $1300 up front. I would love to create a table where I can put in today’s date, and the date I need to money by, and it would tell me how many paychecks I have between now, and then. I have tried using the formula to tell me how many 2-week periods are between dates, but I have a specific list of paycheck dates that I need to derive from. 

If this makes sense to anyone, thoughts?  

TIA, will answer yours....

Ok. Scenario:

I get paid bi-weekly. I have created my own over complicated budget and financial report using excel. We are at a point where I’m trying to establish some short term savings goals. For example, my daughter is getting braces in August, and I need to have $1300 up front. I would love to create a table where I can put in today’s date, and the date I need to money by, and it would tell me how many paychecks I have between now, and then. I have tried using the formula to tell me how many 2-week periods are between dates, but I have a specific list of paycheck dates that I need to derive from. 

If this makes sense to anyone, thoughts?  

TIA, will answer yours....
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ovzELyoXaCYXprMUFjLVZqU0U

Try this sheet and see if it works for you.

YNAB does this very well FYI. Costs a couple bucks but it’s almost guaranteed you will save well beyond what you spend simply by using the program 

I’m probably misunderstanding the question, but can’t you just put in the date of the first paycheck in cell A1, and then in B1 put in “=A1+14”, and then in C1 put in “=B1+14” and keep doing that until you reach your end paycheck date?

I’m probably misunderstanding the question, but can’t you just put in the date of the first paycheck in cell A1, and then in B1 put in “=A1+14”, and then in C1 put in “=B1+14” and keep doing that until you reach your end paycheck date?
I would do the difference between today() and the braces date and divide by 14 (I think).

I would do the difference between today() and the braces date and divide by 14 (I think).
Won't give you the exact right answer every time. Think of it this way, if the braces payment is due in two days but he gets paid tomorrow it's one....if he gets paid in three days it's zero. 

He has a list of paycheck dates.  They are not 14 day intervals.

I think you want to use the COUNTIFS function with the criteria that the paycheck date is less than the braces date and greater than today.

You could also do SUMIFS and use the paycheck amounts.

He has a list of paycheck dates.  They are not 14 day intervals.

I think you want to use the COUNTIFS function with the criteria that the paycheck date is less than the braces date and greater than today.

You could also do SUMIFS and use the paycheck amounts.
:goodposting:  

That's what I was coming here to post when I saw he had a list of his paycheck dates.  

Users who are viewing this thread