What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trivia: Name the occupations of these TV moms (1 Viewer)

Architect

Advertising?

No clue who this is

No clue who this is

Lawyer

Journalist?

No clue who this is

Elyse Keaton Architect (Family Ties)

Ann Romano Advertising(One day at a time)

Alicia Forrick Lawyer (The Good Wife)

Lorelei Gilmore Innkeeper (Gilmore girls)

Claire Huxtable Lawyer (The Cosby Show)

Maggie Seaver Reporter (Growing Pains)

Joan Harris Advertising (Mad Men)
Sorry my connection is wonky

It's funny how these shows tried to be modern and progressive by giving the mom a "real" job......and yet the storylines almost never showed the mom doing any work of note. We frequently saw Mr. Seaver working, but we hardly ever saw Mrs. Seaver working. "The Cosby Show" mined tons of jokes at the doctor's office, but I don't recall a single scene at Mrs. Huxtable's legal office. "Family Ties" had several episodes that revolved around the TV station where Mr. Keaton worked, and yet we never saw Mrs. Keaton doing architectery things.

It's funny how these shows tried to be modern and progressive by giving the mom a "real" job......and yet the storylines almost never showed the mom doing any work of note. We frequently saw Mr. Seaver working, but we hardly ever saw Mrs. Seaver working. "The Cosby Show" mined tons of jokes at the doctor's office, but I don't recall a single scene at Mrs. Huxtable's legal office. "Family Ties" had several episodes that revolved around the TV station where Mr. Keaton worked, and yet we never saw Mrs. Keaton doing architectery things.
I can see your point relating to Family Ties, especially since Baxter Birney was cast as the show's lead, I believe. But Thicke and Cosby were very much the adult stars of their shows, and while not too much "work time"  of Mrs. Huxtable was shown, there were many references to her profession. Also, from the women in the OP, Ann Romano had many office scenes and story lines in One Day at a Time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coincidentally, I just watched an episode of the Cosby Show a few weeks ago (first time in years), and Clair H. had a scene in her legal office with a broken toe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget Angela Bower. 

A man taking care of a woman's house! Hilarious! 😆

I actually did like the show, who didn't have a crush of sorts on Samantha? 

I do remember one episode where Mrs. Keaton was shown at work. She was going back to work and hadn't kept up with the technology.  The firm wanted her to do some drawings for a building on the computer.  She had no experience 

jhib said:
Coincidentally, I just watched an episode of the Cosby Show a few weeks ago (first time in years), and Clair H. had a scene in her legal office with a broken toe. 
oooh...is that the episode where Cliff drugs her and has his way with her?  Or do I have that confused with another story 

Users who are viewing this thread