Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
drewd_21

Get out value of Luke Kuechly

Question

32 tm (double player copies) IDP PPR, 3-4 DT/DE, 3-4 LB, 4 CB/S (20 starters total, 11 def starters)

TKL/ASST 1.5/0.5, Sack 3, Sack yard 0.2 per yd, SFTY 4, PD 1, INT 3, INT ret yd 0.1 per yd, FF 1, Fum rec 2, Fum rec yardage 0.1 per yd

My IDPs

DT/DE: J.Bosa, Graham, Anderson, Hughes, Nassib, Wilkerson, Kpassagnon

LB: Kuechly, Littleton, Mosley, Schobert, Cunningham, Jay.Brown, Milano, Young, Wilson

CB/S: Amos, Byard, Geathers, Jackson, McDougald, Phillips, Weddle, Williams, Melifonwu

 

Love Kuechly, obviously, but with his injury history at some point i'm considering moving on and was just kind of looking for ideas/values i should be looking to sell for. Our rookie draft is only 4 rounds and i have no picks for 2019 and only a 2nd and 4th for 2020, (this league has a 16/16 team split with promotion and relegation and i went all out to get promoted this past season which i did as Championship champion), and my biggest weakness is WR (Woods, ARob, Watkins, Edelman, Fitz, Dem.Thomas, Crabtree, Amendola, Watson, Cantrell).

Any thoughts appreciated, TIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

Moseley retirement sets you back, but in a 32-teamer Milano-Schobert-Littleton-Cunningham is a perfectly strong corps and Brown is a more than adequate bench fill-in.  Long term prospects are a little shaky for many of those guys, but I dont see an immediate weakness.

I sold out on Kuechly a while back without regret so I’d be in agreement with you to move on IF you can get something of value.  Need to find a leaguemate that still believes though.  If you can’t score a solid WR or another quality LB prospect you are better off keeping him and viewing him as a luxury play:  start him when healthy, but don’t depend on him for a title run.  On the other hand, if someone will give you a package that includes one of the better rook WR prospects, or a solid vet starter in the Mike Williams/Tyler Boyd range I’d consider the sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

I would be trying to move Kuechly as well.  I would have tried to move him last year and maybe you can find someone willing to pay near 100% value on him after he survived last year with little to no issues.  You are fine at LB so his loss won't kill you but I wouldn't give him away.  Shop him and target a starter at a weak position. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

You had me worried for a second with the "Mosley retirement" comment lol. As for it being a 32 team league it's actually a 16 tm league due to the double player copies but I agree with what you're saying. WR wise those are the kind of players I'd be hoping for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

D’oh, got Moseley mixed up with Telvin.  Having him there as an LB1 makes Kuechly even more expendable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Based on offers up to now no one is offering a WR with much value.....looks like i'll be holding for a little while longer :rolleyes:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, drewd_21 said:

Based on offers up to now no one is offering a WR with much value.....looks like i'll be holding for a little while longer :rolleyes:

what kind of offers did you get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
41 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

what kind of offers did you get?

Trey Quinn, Everson Griffen, Barron, A.Walker, 2020 2nd for Kuechly

Dee Ford for Kuechly

Adam Humphries, Heyward for Kuechly

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, drewd_21 said:

Trey Quinn, Everson Griffen, Barron, A.Walker, 2020 2nd for Kuechly

Dee Ford for Kuechly

Adam Humphries, Heyward for Kuechly

 

I would probably take Griffen and the 2nd for Kuechly, even if I lacked roster space for the rest.  That seems like a solid deal in most scoring systems.

I am of course in the “one hit away from retirement” camp and got out on Kuechly a year ago, so interpret my views with that bias in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Arodin said:

I would probably take Griffen and the 2nd for Kuechly, even if I lacked roster space for the rest.  That seems like a solid deal in most scoring systems.

I am of course in the “one hit away from retirement” camp and got out on Kuechly a year ago, so interpret my views with that bias in mind.

I have to admit that these offers were a while back and having checked back on them that does seem a pretty fair offer in my eyes.....problem is roster space but i think i'll revisit that offer if possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Arodin said:

I would probably take Griffen and the 2nd for Kuechly, even if I lacked roster space for the rest.  That seems like a solid deal in most scoring systems.

I am of course in the “one hit away from retirement” camp and got out on Kuechly a year ago, so interpret my views with that bias in mind.

Griffen is also no sure thing with his mental stability issues from last year.  He has also tapered off quite a bit after the medication he has to take.   I am not so sure this gets you any safer from an injury/health risk situation. 

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Gally said:

Griffen is also no sure thing with his mental stability issues from last year.  He has also tapered off quite a bit after the medication he has to take.   I am not so sure this gets you any safer from an injury/health risk situation. 

Pretty sure that was the main reason i passed on the deal. He has Vernon, Ford, Hubbard, Collier and Ogbah as his other DEs.....maybe if i could get Vernon, Ford or Hubbard instead of Griffen....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, drewd_21 said:

Pretty sure that was the main reason i passed on the deal. He has Vernon, Ford, Hubbard, Collier and Ogbah as his other DEs.....maybe if i could get Vernon, Ford or Hubbard instead of Griffen....

@Gally @Arodin any suggestions on which of these DEs you prefer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, drewd_21 said:

@Gally @Arodin any suggestions on which of these DEs you prefer?

I prefer Ford with Vernon being second.  Ford has done extremely well the last couple of years (when healthy) and I think he is getting it.  A new place in SF that should be competitive and have some other talent on the DL to free him up.   That is where I would go but I would probably want more than a 2nd to go along with him.  Maybe an upside LB that you can use as depth to see if he hits.   If you need DL help maybe see about getting Ford and Vernon (or Griffen).  I would do it for that if you needed DL help. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Gally said:

I prefer Ford with Vernon being second.  Ford has done extremely well the last couple of years (when healthy) and I think he is getting it.  A new place in SF that should be competitive and have some other talent on the DL to free him up.   That is where I would go but I would probably want more than a 2nd to go along with him.  Maybe an upside LB that you can use as depth to see if he hits.   If you need DL help maybe see about getting Ford and Vernon (or Griffen).  I would do it for that if you needed DL help. 

LB wise he only really has Barron, Harvey-Clemons, Pratt, Trevathan, Walker and Whitehead of any even marginal interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, drewd_21 said:

@Gally @Arodin any suggestions on which of these DEs you prefer?

 

2 minutes ago, drewd_21 said:

LB wise he only really has Barron, Harvey-Clemons, Pratt, Trevathan, Walker and Whitehead of any even marginal interest.

Skeptical of Ford, so I would prefer Vernon, but I still have Griffen ahead of both.  (Probably overvaluing him...Griffen has been great underrated value for years, up to the point where his mental health became an issue.)

None of that list of LB seem worth bothering with, vs. keeping Kuechly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.