What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get out value of Luke Kuechly (1 Viewer)

drewd_21

Footballguy
32 tm (double player copies) IDP PPR, 3-4 DT/DE, 3-4 LB, 4 CB/S (20 starters total, 11 def starters)

TKL/ASST 1.5/0.5, Sack 3, Sack yard 0.2 per yd, SFTY 4, PD 1, INT 3, INT ret yd 0.1 per yd, FF 1, Fum rec 2, Fum rec yardage 0.1 per yd

My IDPs

DT/DE: J.Bosa, Graham, Anderson, Hughes, Nassib, Wilkerson, Kpassagnon

LB: Kuechly, Littleton, Mosley, Schobert, Cunningham, Jay.Brown, Milano, Young, Wilson

CB/S: Amos, Byard, Geathers, Jackson, McDougald, Phillips, Weddle, Williams, Melifonwu

Love Kuechly, obviously, but with his injury history at some point i'm considering moving on and was just kind of looking for ideas/values i should be looking to sell for. Our rookie draft is only 4 rounds and i have no picks for 2019 and only a 2nd and 4th for 2020, (this league has a 16/16 team split with promotion and relegation and i went all out to get promoted this past season which i did as Championship champion), and my biggest weakness is WR (Woods, ARob, Watkins, Edelman, Fitz, Dem.Thomas, Crabtree, Amendola, Watson, Cantrell).

Any thoughts appreciated, TIA.

Moseley retirement sets you back, but in a 32-teamer Milano-Schobert-Littleton-Cunningham is a perfectly strong corps and Brown is a more than adequate bench fill-in.  Long term prospects are a little shaky for many of those guys, but I dont see an immediate weakness.

I sold out on Kuechly a while back without regret so I’d be in agreement with you to move on IF you can get something of value.  Need to find a leaguemate that still believes though.  If you can’t score a solid WR or another quality LB prospect you are better off keeping him and viewing him as a luxury play:  start him when healthy, but don’t depend on him for a title run.  On the other hand, if someone will give you a package that includes one of the better rook WR prospects, or a solid vet starter in the Mike Williams/Tyler Boyd range I’d consider the sale.

You had me worried for a second with the "Mosley retirement" comment lol. As for it being a 32 team league it's actually a 16 tm league due to the double player copies but I agree with what you're saying. WR wise those are the kind of players I'd be hoping for.

I would be trying to move Kuechly as well.  I would have tried to move him last year and maybe you can find someone willing to pay near 100% value on him after he survived last year with little to no issues.  You are fine at LB so his loss won't kill you but I wouldn't give him away.  Shop him and target a starter at a weak position. 

Trey Quinn, Everson Griffen, Barron, A.Walker, 2020 2nd for Kuechly

Dee Ford for Kuechly

Adam Humphries, Heyward for Kuechly
I would probably take Griffen and the 2nd for Kuechly, even if I lacked roster space for the rest.  That seems like a solid deal in most scoring systems.

I am of course in the “one hit away from retirement” camp and got out on Kuechly a year ago, so interpret my views with that bias in mind.

I would probably take Griffen and the 2nd for Kuechly, even if I lacked roster space for the rest.  That seems like a solid deal in most scoring systems.

I am of course in the “one hit away from retirement” camp and got out on Kuechly a year ago, so interpret my views with that bias in mind.
I have to admit that these offers were a while back and having checked back on them that does seem a pretty fair offer in my eyes.....problem is roster space but i think i'll revisit that offer if possible. 

Griffen is also no sure thing with his mental stability issues from last year.  He has also tapered off quite a bit after the medication he has to take.   I am not so sure this gets you any safer from an injury/health risk situation. 

Griffen is also no sure thing with his mental stability issues from last year.  He has also tapered off quite a bit after the medication he has to take.   I am not so sure this gets you any safer from an injury/health risk situation. 
Pretty sure that was the main reason i passed on the deal. He has Vernon, Ford, Hubbard, Collier and Ogbah as his other DEs.....maybe if i could get Vernon, Ford or Hubbard instead of Griffen....

drewd_21 said:
Pretty sure that was the main reason i passed on the deal. He has Vernon, Ford, Hubbard, Collier and Ogbah as his other DEs.....maybe if i could get Vernon, Ford or Hubbard instead of Griffen....
@Gally @Arodin any suggestions on which of these DEs you prefer?

I prefer Ford with Vernon being second.  Ford has done extremely well the last couple of years (when healthy) and I think he is getting it.  A new place in SF that should be competitive and have some other talent on the DL to free him up.   That is where I would go but I would probably want more than a 2nd to go along with him.  Maybe an upside LB that you can use as depth to see if he hits.   If you need DL help maybe see about getting Ford and Vernon (or Griffen).  I would do it for that if you needed DL help. 

I prefer Ford with Vernon being second.  Ford has done extremely well the last couple of years (when healthy) and I think he is getting it.  A new place in SF that should be competitive and have some other talent on the DL to free him up.   That is where I would go but I would probably want more than a 2nd to go along with him.  Maybe an upside LB that you can use as depth to see if he hits.   If you need DL help maybe see about getting Ford and Vernon (or Griffen).  I would do it for that if you needed DL help. 
LB wise he only really has Barron, Harvey-Clemons, Pratt, Trevathan, Walker and Whitehead of any even marginal interest.

LB wise he only really has Barron, Harvey-Clemons, Pratt, Trevathan, Walker and Whitehead of any even marginal interest.
Skeptical of Ford, so I would prefer Vernon, but I still have Griffen ahead of both.  (Probably overvaluing him...Griffen has been great underrated value for years, up to the point where his mental health became an issue.)

None of that list of LB seem worth bothering with, vs. keeping Kuechly.

Users who are viewing this thread