What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you/can you sleep late? (1 Viewer)

WDIK2

Footballguy
I think this is an issue associated with age.  I'm out of bed by 5:30 every morning during the week to get ready for work.  On the weekends when I have nothing to do I wouldn't mind sleeping in a little, but I'm usually wide awake by 5:30. 

I was at a graduation party last night until midnight.  My daughter and I messed around with guitars when we go home until about 1:00 AM.  I had quite of few beers at the party.  I was awake this morning by 5:30 AM.  :mellow:    I think the last time I made it until 6:30-7:00 was when I was out until 2:30-3:00.

I understand if you have little ones at home, but my kids are both adults and out of the house.

Anyone else have problems sleeping in? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually wake up between 5 and 6, but can go back to sleep until after 7. The Mrs is usually up around 5:30 and can’t go back to sleep.

I don’t necessarily think it’s an age issue. Your body has a natural clock and is used to getting up at 5:30. 
Not sure.  When I was younger I would get up early for work during the week but could still sleep in on the weekends until 9-10 especially after partying.  Now that is impossible.

ETA:  My daughter gets up early for class during the school year, but will have no problem sleeping until 10-11 this morning.  Wish I could still do that.

:kicksrock:

The rare times we dont have morning events on non work days (currently sitting in a car waiting for rain to stop at track meet one of two for the day) I will usually sleep til 8 or so. Drives my wife nuts. And me 10 years ago is screaming HOW IS 8 SLEEPING IN

On the uber-rare occasion I manage to stay in bed until 8 am on the weekend, my wife will greet me with "Good afternoon" when I come down the stairs. In my younger days, I would stay up late playing Warcraft II online and sleep in till 10:00. Now if I make it to 7:00, that's an accomplishment.

During the week, I wake up at 4:30 to hit the gym from 5-6. When the weekend comes, I can get to about 6am before the dogs start slapping the side of the bed thinking we should be up. Undisturbed, I could probably go maybe til 7. 

I get up at 5 am on the weekdays for work, but I have no trouble hitting 8:30-9:00 am on the weekend.  I will often wake up around 5, but roll over and go back to sleep without much difficulty on weekend days.

During the week, I wake up at 4:30 to hit the gym from 5-6. When the weekend comes, I can get to about 6am before the dogs start slapping the side of the bed thinking we should be up. Undisturbed, I could probably go maybe til 7. 
Same schedule GB. Hi five 

I'm 49 and wake up between 11:30am and noon every day during the week. On weekends I usually wake up around 10am.

I work overnights, however, and usually go to bed between 4am and 6am during the week and around 1am and 3am on weekends.

No kids.

I get up at 5 am on the weekdays for work, but I have no trouble hitting 8:30-9:00 am on the weekend.  I will often wake up around 5, but roll over and go back to sleep without much difficulty on weekend days.
I really do wish I could do that.  How old are you? 

Never set an alarm ('cept a couple times for golf), never commuted, didn't raise kids. Gotten up when i damn well pleased for the last 50 years. Broke & alone, but happy

It depends..our bedroom faces west so it is a little darker that the bedrooms that face east, and we have double blackout shades.   If I want to sleep in on weekends I blackout the room.  I get up at 5:45 everyday and had a long week this week so last night I blackout the bedroom.  Got up around 5:30..went to the bathroom and did not wakeup again until 9:15 and felt great.   If I did not blackout the room I would have been up by 7am at the latest.

I’m up at 630am during week, might make it to 730am on weekend.  What time are you guys going to bed, though?  I’m normally in there at 1130pm

I’m up at 630am during week, might make it to 730am on weekend.  What time are you guys going to bed, though?  I’m normally in there at 1130pm
I'm usually in bed by 10:30 on weekdays and up by 5:30.  Last night I went to bed at 1 AM and was up at 5:30.  :mellow:  

Anywhere from 9PM to 1AM. If I'm in bed by 9 I'm up around 3. I have 2 kids, my wife works nights. I stay awake until both kids are asleep. 

On the uber-rare occasion I manage to stay in bed until 8 am on the weekend, my wife will greet me with "Good afternoon" when I come down the stairs. In my younger days, I would stay up late playing Warcraft II online and sleep in till 10:00. Now if I make it to 7:00, that's an accomplishment.
This made me chuckle. When I was younger (early 90's),  work schedule often included a 2-10:30pm shift. So I could sleep until noon. 

I used to stay up playing Leisure Suit Larry (the original) until 2am. 

I guess there are levels of being old. 

I could, but the 4 year old wont let me.  

During the week, I am usually up by 5 to get stuff together for the kids and get ready for work.  I usually have to drag her (4 yr old) out of bed about 7 or so.  Never fails, or Saturday or Sunday I hear "Daaaadddy, it's time to wake uuuuuppp" at about 6:10.  :wall:

I am chronically tired, so left alone I would probably sleep until noon. 

I have always been tough to rise and loved staying up at night.  During my work life, I always slept until the last possible moment.  I had my ####, shower, shave and dressed out the door down to 20-22 minutes.  I never ate breakfast, and I still don't have an appetite when I first get up anyway.  

These days I go to bed anywhere from 1am - 4am usually and sleep in until anywhere from 11am - 1pm - almost every day.  I need to adjust some so I can start making late morning tee times.  Sometimes I wake up around 9am ...I turn on Dan Patrick and go right back to sleep within minutes I can't remember the last time I woke back up before The Rick Eisen Show was on.  

im single and drink till im happy every night play pool, poker or dancing unti l2-4 am.

10 hours is a good sleep for me but i can go longer.

im usually up between 11am and 4pm.

My dog does not fool around with me sleeping past about 6. He's cool with me getting up and sleeping on the couch as late as I want, but he hates me being in bed later than normal.

I don’t necessarily think it’s an age issue. Your body has a natural clock and is used to getting up at 5:30. 
This.. Been getting up at 5:15am for over 20 years for work... Sleeping in for me on the weekends is 6am... Naps on the weekends help make up for lack of sleep. :yawn:

I have the weekend morning issue but usually I take a nap at some point of the day on Saturday/Sunday. Get a nice hour in.

I'm up around 630 every morning during the week.   If I sleep until 730 on the weekends I'm pretty happy.  

Some mornings I'm up at 5 and can't back to sleep.  That has only been happening for the last few years so I think it's an age thing.  

I've probably taken one nap in my adult life. Just can't see wasting my day that way. Kind of the same way I feel if I sleep to late.

Let me clarify....

I have sleep apnea.  Regardless if I wear my mask or not I can still go to bed at 9pm and sleep easily till 9am.  I have had bloodwork checked, etc, etc...

I take B-12, and my doc prescribed me with Vyvanse for focus issues.  I drink a ton of coffee but switching to more water. It really really sucks because on weekends when I know I can be doing something I want a nap.

Officially no.  Saturday AM was the first day since my son was born almost 5 years ago that I even had the opportunity.  My parents have a townhouse (2nd home -live in VA most of the time) near us.  They've had my son overnight a lot, but this was the first time they had my almost 2 y/o daughter too.  My wife and I both were excited to sleep in at home.  We've been out of town for weddings and such maybe 2-3x without the kids, but we always had things to do - this time it was at home, with nothing going on the next morning.  We were excited to sleep in.

I slept till 7:00, got up and went to cut the grass.  Wife slept till 7:30 and got up to go to the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread